Author Topic: Weapon skin change  (Read 27201 times)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon skin change
« Reply #25 on: 2013-06-30 13:02:11 »
Yes let me screenshot my bootloader settings,,, sry. 1 minute.

These should work np for you because we have the same video card almost.

The other thing I can tell from your APP log is what driver you are using and it's not the most compatible one.

IF you have further problems I think you should download this set of drivers and use it to Uninstall your video drivers first, and then use the same installer again to put on those drivers. They work much better for ff7. THAT is guaranteed not to break your ff7 install. 8-)
« Last Edit: 2013-06-30 13:15:41 by Template »

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013-06-30 13:16:52 »
ok get the game running again so far.

Now i have done the steps from your guide, but when i want to reencode the filesand put them back in the FF7\data\battle folder the Lpg file has a lock in its appearance so i assume that it is somehow protected.(had an similar issue with Black Chocobo) but even running evrything as admin doesnt seem to work

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-06-30 13:20:19 »
I get the lock icon, too. Seems to not affect anything but things we don't care about. If you have further issues I would also suggest turning User Access Controls completely off. I personally hate that feature of windows.

I'll show you a pic on how to do that.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-30 13:30:25 by Template »

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-06-30 18:46:31 »
ok i have done this, but remains the problem of not being able to make the changes ingame happen after i reencode and replace the new lpg file in the ff7 directory.

Following steps i've done, at C: i have created 3 folders, directory, ballefields and cloudweapons.
I copied the battle lpg file from game directory into new c:directory, launched lpgUI, selected as lpfg to dump from directory and folder to dump named battlefields.
After correct dump i selected the rtck file and copied it to cloudweapons.
There i copied the files 15 times and renamed them from rtck to rtcy. After that i copied the 15 files from cloudweapons back to battlefileds replacing the there existing ones.
Then i select with Ulgp as lpg C:\directory\battle.lpg and as folder C:\battlefiles and select encode.
With this done i now copie the battle.lpg from directory into the game directory.

Then after launch another crash:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 4.2.12002 Compatibility Profile Context 9.12.0.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 5120x3840
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Kranmer.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FF7\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: unhandled exception

and again:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2013-06-30 19:06:40 by MatrixOne »

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-06-30 19:09:48 »
I found also that in the folder Backup-dlpb is another battle.lgp, might that prevent the changes i made from being accepted?
And now cause the constant crahes just at launch?
Changed it now cant start the game anymore without crash in the 1st sec... made change the 2 files back to their original state, game still crashes....
Seems as i have to get another complete uninstall....

« Last Edit: 2013-06-30 19:54:03 by MatrixOne »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-06-30 20:55:04 »
If you have reinstalled FF7 you should try my FF7_GameConverter.
The Converter works also with the English version, but sets some registry keys more than bootleg.
Check beforehand that you have a data medium (eg USB stick) inserted with the name "FF7DISC1".

After that you copy your savegames in your game folder.
After you start the game, it should automatically show up FF7Config.
Check all tabs and make all tests.
As soon as you click OK, the game starts, test if fighting is possible.
Close the game and rename "app.log" in "_app.log" (then you have a app.log where everything works).

Now try to copy your manipulated battle.lgp (the old please backup before) and test the game again.

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013-06-30 21:21:37 »
If you have reinstalled FF7 you should try my FF7_GameConverter.
The Converter works also with the English version, but sets some registry keys more than bootleg.
Check beforehand that you have a data medium (eg USB stick) inserted with the name "FF7DISC1".

After that you copy your savegames in your game folder.
After you start the game, it should automatically show up FF7Config.
Check all tabs and make all tests.
As soon as you click OK, the game starts, test if fighting is possible.
Close the game and rename "app.log" in "_app.log" (then you have a app.log where everything works).

Now try to copy your manipulated battle.lgp (the old please backup before) and test the game again.

i read your topic about the converter, but i dont understand anything, you also write it supports also English version so what is the primary Language it was designed for, if its German that would be fine i understand much more german than english. What will happen to bootleg after i use the converter, you write alot about file switching which i seem to mess up anytime i ve done it so far.
Can i use the mods i downoaded for bootleg still or how does that all works?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-06-30 21:43:06 »
You can choose between German, English, French and Spanish!
You can run the GC several times e.g. if you want to change the language.
You can uninstall the GC again, then you have the rerelease of 2012.
You can, after you've tried your battle.lgp even start bootleg, bootleg will think you have an original English FF7 version installed.

The advantage of my GC is that no other mods are installed, which might cause mistakes.
So you can test whether the error is in your battle.lgp or not.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013-06-30 21:55:02 »
I still think you should use the catalyst drivers located here. I don't know if it will solve all the problems, but it might help. I don't know much about the game converter but if you are playing a non-english version of the game, it may be necessary. I'm handing this off to the other guys.

What version of windows is this anyway? Must be 7 but I'm just shocked it's acting this way. I can tell you there is a very awesome core of German speaking developers here, and if you make an appeal IN German, you may find it easier to troubleshoot that way.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-30 21:56:48 by Template »

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013-06-30 21:55:55 »
Well i will give it a try tomorrow evening, im now tired of installing and uninstalling game the whole day long because of errors that occur i dont even know where from...

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013-06-30 21:58:13 »
I still think you should use the catalyst drivers located here. I don't know if it will solve all the problems, but it might help. I don't know much about the game converter but if you are playing a non-english version of the game, it may be necessary. I'm handing this off to the other guys.

What version of windows is this anyway? Must be 7 but I'm just shocked it's acting this way.

do these drivers replace my current ones and how do they affect my current other games like bf3 or even more current games?(they require a good performence at full graphics, and yes im a graphic fetishist 8))

Thought this forum was only in English?
« Last Edit: 2013-06-30 22:00:48 by MatrixOne »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013-06-30 22:03:17 »
do these drivers replace my current ones and how do they affect my current other games like bf3 or even more current games?(they require a good performence at full graphics, and yes im a graphic fetishist 8))

Thought this forum was only in English?

It's supposed to be, but we have some really smart Germans around here. See if troubleshooting in German is easier.

Those drivers are almost brand new. Then AMD came out with a newer official release that doesn't like ff7.

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013-06-30 22:36:07 »
It's supposed to be, but we have some really smart Germans around here. See if troubleshooting in German is easier.

Those drivers are almost brand new. Then AMD came out with a newer official release that doesn't like ff7.
Those fking drivers gave me just black screen unable to do anything anymore,  i had to restore an ancient windowssystem backuppoint to get this mess undone, so thx for this shit!

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013-06-30 22:49:59 »
The driver works fine, I use it myself along with a HD6870.

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013-06-30 22:56:01 »
The driver works fine, I use it myself along with a HD6870.

well for me it didnt, btw i have a HD 6970, that maybe the problem, but due to the fact that i dont understand much of PC i let lose of changing anything to my PC anymore, and i think its unpossible for me to get FF7 to be modded and look like in all these youtube videos.

Well i thank you guys for your time, but im think im done here with FF7 and modding :'(

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013-06-30 23:13:04 »
Do not give up, we'll help you!
You can PM me in german if that helps.
Or come over here http://forum.finalfantasy.de/thread.php?threadid=57314

Can you send me Mike's version of the file rtck?
« Last Edit: 2013-06-30 23:17:16 by Kompass63 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013-07-01 01:20:36 »
Those fking drivers gave me just black screen unable to do anything anymore,  i had to restore an ancient windowssystem backuppoint to get this mess undone, so thx for this sh*t!

Sorry for your frustration  :(

This is how you learn to work with a PC in depth, by breaking it and fixing it again repeatedly. We've all been through it.

In the end, if the experience of learning how your computer works is not enjoyable... then ya, don't do it. If it isn't broken don't try to change it if you are going to get so angry when it doesn't work.

I'm suspicious of your windows install being up to date now. Anyway, good luck.

« Last Edit: 2013-07-01 01:32:32 by Template »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013-07-01 02:47:32 »
That leaves me no rest so ...

1) Ulgp 0.7 does not replace any files that are already in the archive. You must create the archive completely new.
     So delete battle.lgp before encode with ulgp.

2) replace of RTCK to RTCZ is not enough, you need also RTAD of Millenia Swords.

3) RTCK to RTCZ represent the 16 different weapons that Cloud can collect in the game. Which one that is now what you want to do (with Golden hilt and black shiny blade) is beyond me.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013-07-01 04:21:06 »
That leaves me no rest so ...

1) Ulgp 0.7 does not replace any files that are already in the archive. You must create the archive completely new.
     So delete battle.lgp before encode with ulgp.

2) replace of RTCK to RTCZ is not enough, you need also RTAD of Millenia Swords.

3) RTCK to RTCZ represent the 16 different weapons that Cloud can collect in the game. Which one that is now what you want to do (with Golden hilt and black shiny blade) is beyond me.

I'm beginning to really hate this thread. I dunno what you guys are up to over there across the pond, but

1) My Ulgp .7 replaces files in archives. see below I forgot I was too lazy to upgrade from uLGP.5gui I encode to the same battle.lgp over and over without problems. The changes I expect, happen.

2)Why do you need RTAD? That's part of the animations. Gonna go test this stupid package of buster swords... again. 

Edit: wow! my computer imploded. Just kidding--it worked fine. its a nice looking buster sword for sure, but as far as using it for every single weapon model, I prefer more variety. I went real crazy and even encoded my battle.lgp from a folder on my desktop and just had ulgp write over my games battle.lgp in its data/battle folder. Now I'm gonna go change it back... 
« Last Edit: 2013-07-01 09:13:57 by Template »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013-07-01 06:19:55 »
You'll this thread (or me) will soon hate more  :evil:

Create a folder "Test".   :)

Create a textfile "Test.txt" in "Test" with "Test-text" as Text   ;D ;D ;D
Use ulgp 0.7 to create a "Test.lgp" with the "Test" folder 8-)
Edit "Test.txt", write in "This text will not stored in Test.lgp" :wink:
Encode again "Test.lgp" ::)
DECODE now "Test.lgp" to a new Folder "Test2" :P
Read the "Test.txt" inside "Test2".... :-o

To 2) I just had NO sword in hand ...
But if the file is already included anyway (through bootleg), you do not realize it.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2013-07-01 07:52:45 »
But Komp... uLGP can't even encode a new lgp file. It has to have a path to an lgp file that already exists... dang I been using .5... maybe there's a problem with .7 GUI... what a mess.

I thought rtad was part of the vanilla game. But I guess I don't know what it is, after all.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-01 08:13:53 by Template »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013-07-01 08:55:21 »
You can manually enter a name for the archive.
If you do not specify a path before, it will be created where ulgp's inside.

But you're right, with 0.5 it works properly!
With 0.7 it does not work, the old files are preserved in the archive (interesting).

The original RTAD is 9kb in size, millenias is 12289kb in size.
If I do not copy with, cloud attacks with empty hands  ;D

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013-07-01 09:00:35 »
You can manually enter a name for the archive.
If you do not specify a path before, it will be created where ulgp's inside.

But you're right, with 0.5 it works properly!
With 0.7 it does not work, the old files are preserved in the archive (interesting).

The original RTAD is 9kb in size, millenias is 12289kb in size.
If I do not copy with, cloud attacks with empty hands  ;D

Yay! I learned something from this nightmare train-wreck I got into. Komp for Chancellor!

Is there any reason to use .7 over .5? I don't think I've ever had a problem with uLGP .5 GUI

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-07-01 09:09:25 »
I assumed 0.7 is newer and better than 0.5, my mistake, as I could only think something... :evil:

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #49 on: 2013-07-01 11:37:08 »
Don't use a System-Folder (and "Desktop" is inside one), if you want to manipulate Files.
I'm not sure what happens if UAC is turned off, but Win 7 will prevent Files for manipulations.

Desktop is actually an exception to that. You can manipulate any file on the desktop or in a "My <whatever>" folder and not get fussed at. Vista and on encourages you to do that rather than manipulate files in other folders.