Author Topic: [WIP/REL] Millenia's custom models - CLOUD SWORDS RELEASED 30/4  (Read 378328 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #550 on: 2010-05-19 18:11:40 »
Uhmm.. I second obesebear's suggestion.. I didn't post my suggestion cause I just started texturing and not really good but do what you want. :)

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #551 on: 2010-05-19 18:36:37 »
I agree with everything that's been said. The eyes look good but need more space in between. The mouth is, well, that needs work. The nose is not quite right either. The hair looks good though!

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #552 on: 2010-05-19 18:38:36 »
Well.. For me the hair is too strong but if the eyes are fixed maybe it will look just fine. :)

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #553 on: 2010-05-19 19:18:31 »
I guess making it more "anime-ish"/"manga-ish" will make him look closer to the original deal.

The face that is.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #554 on: 2010-05-20 03:37:21 »
The uv is balls, I'll reuv him and restart on the weekend

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #555 on: 2010-05-20 09:38:33 »
The uv is balls, I'll reuv him and restart on the weekend
Good Luck man looking forward to it.. :)

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #556 on: 2010-05-23 11:30:31 »

made this for gemini to fiddle around with PSX model editing

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #557 on: 2010-05-23 14:35:02 »
Nice to know someone's helping Gemini with his project. :)

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #558 on: 2010-05-23 21:36:29 »
Many thanks to Millenia for creating this revision of the original Buster Sword. Now the problem is converting the model into the PSX battle format. T_T Currently investigating the model format... The information on Qhimm's wiki is very confusing.

EDIT: Warning, W.I.P. pictures ahead!

So far I didn't need to mod the engine at all to make it load the hacked Buster Sword. I had to reduce the colors (128 instead of 256) to make it all fit, but the difference isn't even noticeable. Textured Cloud next in the row? :p
« Last Edit: 2010-05-24 11:23:12 by Gemini »

antonio95

Millenia's custom models
« Reply #559 on: 2010-05-24 15:28:40 »
Many thanks to Millenia for creating this revision of the original Buster Sword. Now the problem is converting the model into the PSX battle format. T_T Currently investigating the model format... The information on Qhimm's wiki is very confusing.

So far I didn't need to mod the engine at all to make it load the hacked Buster Sword. I had to reduce the colors (128 instead of 256) to make it all fit, but the difference isn't even noticeable. Textured Cloud next in the row? :p
lol italian translation :D finalmente! XD

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #560 on: 2010-05-24 15:54:18 »

You made it to work on the PSX version?? That's considered genius for me!! Do you know how to rotate the sword in Cloud's hand?? If you've done that the sword looks good. :-)

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #561 on: 2010-05-24 18:51:00 »
Do you know how to rotate the sword in Cloud's hand??
Done-that-already. The sword that Millenia gave me was rotated differently than the original model. I guess it's one of the differences between PSX and PC, more or less like the PC uses float values for vertexes and uv coordinates, while they're integers on the PSX. The next step is fixing Cloud's eyes and mouth, and loading data for weapons from external files.

BloodShot

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #562 on: 2010-05-24 20:27:48 »
Wait a minute...does this mean that the psx character battle models can be textured as long as the file is the right size? If so it wouldn't be as good as a new model but they are already

detailed enough to look nice with a texture.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #563 on: 2010-05-24 23:36:47 »
does this mean that the psx character battle models can be textured as long as the file is the right size?
File size is not an issue, at all. Using external hi-color textures for each weapon and mapping them correctly to a model are the real issues (but Millenia solved the second one for me here). Currently I'm using a 128x128 texture with 128 colors for the weapon, and there could be a second one 128x128 texture for the character. Unfortunately VRAM is organized in a manner that allows only 224 vertical lines in total, so a second texture would have to use less vertical space. Consequently, the smaller texture would have to use a 128x96 resolution or less to fit in the given space.

The work done so far takes an 3DS model as input, converts it to the "battle .p" format, and replaces the texture segment with another TIM picture. Only weapons are supported so far, as I haven't coded yet any routines to convert multiple 3DS objects and joints+skeleton structures. If I can get my hands on more stuff, like a textured version of the original Cloud, I'll try and expand the conversion code to make it sparkle.

Back to texturing: the plan is to add support for separate weapon models+textures as a separate file, like I suppose FF8/9 do, unless routines to do so are already there and I didn't notice (could be, like for those spells loading data as requested). This change should make character models slightly smaller (Cloud's is 43,4 KB smaller without the weapons) and retain fast loading times.

Interesting fact: there's room for an extra palette (max is three), which means that a texture could use two palettes and make full use of 256 colors with a simple swap trick.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #564 on: 2010-05-25 00:13:31 »
when millenia textures my cloud model, i'll map the original to a low rez version of the texture for ya :D. When this is all done and good, can you technically burn a psx disc and plah on a ps1 with this?

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #565 on: 2010-05-25 00:16:18 »
when millenia textures my cloud model, i'll map the original to a low rez version of the texture for ya :D.
Much appreciated. :-*

When this is all done and good, can you technically burn a psx disc and plah on a ps1 with this?
Yup yup. I haven't done anything that is illegal on real hardware, so it should work flawlessly.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #566 on: 2010-06-01 15:24:07 »
does this mean that the psx character battle models can be textured as long as the file is the right size?
File size is not an issue, at all. Using external hi-color textures for each weapon and mapping them correctly to a model are the real issues (but Millenia solved the second one for me here). Currently I'm using a 128x128 texture with 128 colors for the weapon, and there could be a second one 128x128 texture for the character. Unfortunately VRAM is organized in a manner that allows only 224 vertical lines in total, so a second texture would have to use less vertical space. Consequently, the smaller texture would have to use a 128x96 resolution or less to fit in the given space.

The work done so far takes an 3DS model as input, converts it to the "battle .p" format, and replaces the texture segment with another TIM picture. Only weapons are supported so far, as I haven't coded yet any routines to convert multiple 3DS objects and joints+skeleton structures. If I can get my hands on more stuff, like a textured version of the original Cloud, I'll try and expand the conversion code to make it sparkle.

Back to texturing: the plan is to add support for separate weapon models+textures as a separate file, like I suppose FF8/9 do, unless routines to do so are already there and I didn't notice (could be, like for those spells loading data as requested). This change should make character models slightly smaller (Cloud's is 43,4 KB smaller without the weapons) and retain fast loading times.

Interesting fact: there's room for an extra palette (max is three), which means that a texture could use two palettes and make full use of 256 colors with a simple swap trick.

Any chance of making how you did this public? Like a converting to the battle model format? Im shocked you managed this so quickly and easily but you really are the playstation god, If it really is possible to mod the psx version (which it now is) I might just continue my PSX project which I thought was pointless because of all the incredible stuff been done with the PC version now. ILL try get you the orginal CLoud model I managed it once before.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Re: Millenia's custom models
« Reply #567 on: 2010-06-22 04:46:22 »
Where'd my first post go and why is this in programming feedback D:

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2010-06-22 05:31:24 »

That would be right here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8560.msg106240#msg106240

And obesebear split your thread. Release and bug reports/questions

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #569 on: 2010-06-22 08:43:06 »

« Last Edit: 2010-06-22 11:15:18 by Millenia »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2010-06-22 11:27:59 »

Finally some weapons for Barret!! Liking that stuff man good work. :)

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2010-06-22 13:47:36 »
Very nice.

obesebear

• View Profile
I started moving and splitting posts like a madman on day 1...  yours is a WIP/project, so it can be put back together :P

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Double post.... Tsk tsk

ryanphlp2002

• View Profile
newbie question here - what with all these Clouds floating around, and a good Barret is anyone working on making a (legal) Tifa, Aeris/th, Vincent, Cid, Yuffie, Caith Sith etc?
I'm happy with APZ's cloud & Timu Sumisu & Millenia's Barret as is, but they are in start contrast to the rest of the gang!