Author Topic: My Chibification  (Read 6707 times)

dahfa

• View Profile
My Chibification
« on: 2010-12-11 11:47:09 »
EDIT: Model you have seen here can be found here:http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11164.msg155208#msg155208

im not sure where to put this...as certainly i dont consider this a project rather  a way to play around with kimera and learning how to use it.and im not sure if this goes in tech related either...

i first started using Kimera today.
i was making my own chibi cloud out of the battle lgp mode.(err.... one question is this against the rules?im assuming it's not because ff7 prp is still not closed but i may be wrong acting on this assumption)

anyway...

but i still am a long way from editing the texture.
the thing is i took cloud's head from the battle lgp.(rtao)
but the face is gone.
so what i did is the eye and mouth texture is from the field's model cloud.
i only flipped horizontally the field's texture so it can work on the cloud's battle model.
but for the mouth i can't help but notice there's only half a mouth there.

is there anyway that i can position the mouth so it can go a little bit lower and to the center?
or any other way to just get rid of the white thing when you remove the texture?
or replace the white thing with a texture.

Btw im just wondering whether there's any file list for the battle and char lgp

like say

rta0 - cloud's battle model head
rtaa-cloud battle model

the closest thing i found is http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7016.msg86700#msg86700
but the link for the file list no longer exist...

EDIT:Fixed the texture.it shows fine on kimera but nothing at all in game.

EDIT2:About the file list already got on here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tm3dDTOKl8_uxq6Xz8edlyg&output=html

EDIT3:This guys got the same problem like mine still nobody answer him from back in October
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10898.msg151791#msg151791

« Last Edit: 2010-12-14 13:10:29 by dahfa »

old boss

• View Profile
Re: My Chibi Cloud
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-11 15:43:24 »
nice, this is quite good actually i would definitely love for you to release it.  ;D

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-11 18:59:50 »
my minds feels like its going to explode searching though all the threads in qhimm...
nice, this is quite good actually i would definitely love for you to release it.  ;D
i would if i could...at the moment im stuck with the white eye and the white mouth problem...

...all i have was...trying image2tex.

result:that didn't help at all...

then i find out something about texture and Lgp tools

downloaded lgp tools and ficedulalib1.50

results:couldnt find any option about  importing tex or whatever

then found that  it has something to do with kimera 0.95 problems with tex and try 0.91

Kimera 0.91 cannot open my model...

it means i have to start from scratch if i actually wants to find out...

now im kinda tired i'll do this over again tomorrow..(hope someone out there can hear me out and help me)

..i'll have a break for the time being...

EDIT:I kid apparently it still bugging me i had to try another idea...i take the cloud's field model head from the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project...put it on my cloud's body along with's the head texture that come with the PRP.

results: drum roll please....the same thing happened.you get mr white eye and mouth disease.

EDIT2:with rage and utter ferocity i tried again.using cloud's head from PRP...i transfered all the P file to the new cloud with his new head......using Kimera 0.91......

It works!
Its aaaalivvveeee.....

so i guess it was the new 0.95 kimera giving me the proiblem....

i'll have to reconfirm it again tomorrow..for now..time to sleep.

(i wanna try with the head i used earlier not the PRP ones)

EDIT3:
Okay ..again last picture for the day.managed to get the texture to show up.but now i got this transluscent problem.i believe it has something to do with blinking.now im stucked.again.

EDIT4:Got it to work on Kimera 0.93.
Kimera 0.93 have this opacity setting for texture  which is clearly described rather than in 0.95 or 0.91.
but it still blnks.(i feel its really not that problematic.personally i think its barely noticeable if you're actually focused on playing. though i wish to learn how to fix it.)

i fix the size of arms and head to match the original model.
now on to fix other cloud model animation.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-12 12:55:48 by dahfa »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-12-12 18:07:02 »
i really like your chibi model, and i hope you can get all of the problems sorted. I would love to see a release of this, and possibly similar releases for the rest of the characters(original battle models turned into chibis). This seems to be the easiest way to get chibi models that still reflect the original content.

lee

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-12-12 19:10:51 »
as easy as it seems...its not really that easy. ::)

simple .Yes.

Easy?Hmm well at least you don't need modelling skill.
(its easier if i know how to model things...im learning blender..just the 'getting started' bit.but im no modeller..)Kimera is easy but limited...though its really great at what it does.i.e simple p editing.

though i wont say easy.

yeah like this barret here

I only change the body hip legs and arm to fit the chibi.
then i stopped there because i think i dont need to use the battle's head for barret.

The reason being firstly i think it look good as it is.

And barret battler head got this weird texture for the beard im not sure what i can do with that.
one way would be borrowing from PRP barret's head.(this is cheating though)

anyway ill find out  a way if i can..for the sake of consistency

otherwise i'll have to leave barret like this and rip out cloud's head (the first model i work on)and replace with original cloud's head from LGP for the sake of consistency.

the only thing bothering me about original FF7 is that the lack of polish for the field models...well it's okay that they kept it simple but with a good looking arm and little bit texture here and there makes it more easy on the eye.

or  so i would like to think.

EDIT:
Yay...another one in game ...

i guess the battle head do look better.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-12 20:42:12 by dahfa »

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: My Chibification
« Reply #5 on: 2010-12-12 21:13:44 »
Battle > Field models look so much better when they are chibi. They look weird otherwise :P

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-12-12 22:04:28 »
looks awesome! I did not mean to say this is an easy process, but it seems easier than creating chibi's and their polys, skeletons, and textures from scratch. Can't wait to see some downloads!

lee

Soul

• "I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-12-12 22:28:58 »

If you could just make his eyes bigger vertically. And cut his lips to make it shorter, this chibi cloud would be awesome!  :)

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-12-12 23:40:15 »

Grrrr....

i'm really liking this style

look..who's in game?

it's Tifa!

though it feels like i've seen this in PRP.
this is due to use of battle.lgp head and face texture.(which PRP also did the same i guess)
Seriously tifa is really a pain to convert....i bet the PRP guys went through hell to get to where they are right now.

@tetsujin
but i like the current face...shows how smug cloud is.
well i havent tried with the battle lgp face texture i might try that.
also wanna increase the size's of cloud's head.doesnt really match the original field chibi.

@pyrozen
nah..im not disagreeing with your point though.resource wise, its abundance and easy to get.
You just have too look for it in your game folder! XD

@ultima espio
perhaps (in my opinion)what squaresoft intended for the chibi was model like this for FF7 field model

this picture is almost chibi.it is intended to be anime-ish but i can see a sense of chibi-ness due to round nature of the model

this is from N64 final fantasy tech demo.
i think they cut corner(i think) so much on the field model they look like what we have for the original ff7.

EDIT:

i add texture from battle.lgp and edit the hair using kimera to match the original chibi cloud.
cloud working in game

and this aeris..she's really tough to convert coz of the skirts...

gotta sleep now..
« Last Edit: 2010-12-13 07:41:01 by dahfa »

old boss

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-01-28 12:09:37 »
could u make a sephiroth model too ? please