Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246395 times)

antartika

Hello Everybody =)

I have a question, Is It possible to have Everything the same as normal in ff7 such as skills characters buildings all the same but what i want Is to have them In 3D? 3d buildings 3d quality such as Remix one, i dont want no diffrent sound tracks added or skills lmao xd just the IU i guess making it look like that HD nice clean quality xd and high quality weapons and skills and such wondering if just that is possible thanks.

Also to run in window mode?

P.S. I have ff7 PC Ultimate Eddition

~ Regards Deni
« Last Edit: 2011-09-06 21:24:56 by antartika »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
We do not support people with Ultima Edition. Point Slash.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
My plan that all forums need an IQ tester for entry is definitely gaining momentum.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
Hi antartika,

sorry, but no support for Ultima Edition. Read the RULES:
   http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11440.0

Q: Also to run in window mode?
A: Open your window and throw it out.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-06 22:28:02 by UGerstl »

KhaosOverdrive

Hello guys, could you help me with something please? I just finished installing Avalanche's Overhaul and got this error:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.8b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: SiS 661 VGA 1.4.0
INFO: Subtractive blending not supported
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: G:\FF7\Movies\eidoslogo.avi; truemotion2/pcm_u8 320x240, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.133333, frames: 152
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
100% of 127 = 127
ERROR: unhandled exception

Crashes right after cancelling the Eidos clip to go straight to the New Game/Continue screen.

Mods installed:
Aali's Custom Graphic Driver
Phoenix Rejuv. Project
Avalanche's Overhaul

Thanks in advance!

antartika

could of just said instead o,O lmao so will it work on a normal ff7 then? ;p

UGerstl

• View Profile
Hi KhaosOverdrive,

please update "Aali's Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8".
   http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.0

Scroll down to the bottom for the newest version.

KhaosOverdrive

Hi KhaosOverdrive,

please update "Aali's Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8".
   http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.0

Scroll down to the bottom for the newest version.

At first it didn't work so I went directly to the Avalanche problem thread this time and found another post of yours towards another guy with the exact same error I got, saying that he should turn off texture compression in order to make it work. So did I and voila! :D Thanks man!

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
My plan that all forums need an IQ tester for entry is definitely gaining momentum.

I strongly agree.

Warganom

• View Profile
Hello everybody, I might be having a problem... You see, whenever I enter a battle with Tifa in my party I get an error message saying he could not load Tifa's model, I guess. Is this just that that model has yet to be made or something like that?.. Or did I screw up when I installed these things?

The only mods I have btw is this patch and the newest version of Aali's Custom graphics driver.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Warganom,
The error message is due to unused weapon textures.
Even though the textures are not used, the driver still looks for them.

To turn off the warning messages, add this to ff7_opengl.cfg:
# Disable Error Notifications
disable_popup = on

If the error messages really bug you, use a program like PCreator to change the number of texture slots in the Tifa model.

Warganom

• View Profile
I honestly have no idea how to do either off that... Well it doesn't really matter. I was kinda hoping it was something I had done wrong... Would've been really nice to see a new model of Tifa.

Thanks for the quick responce :)

UGerstl

• View Profile
Hi Warganom,
  • Goto your FF7 main directory

Standard installation directory:

Windows 32 bit: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII
          Windows 64 bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

• Edit "ff7_opengl.cfg" with a text editor (notepad, ...)

• Scroll down to the bottom

• Add this lines:

# Disable Error Notifications
       disable_popup = on

• Save and Exit

ff7maniac

• View Profile
Somebody would have Chocobo model hi res in char. Lgp?

ogd

First off, this patch (and the associated hardcore mod) are the best thing EVER to happen to FF7. Unfortunately, the PC version itself is still a royal pain. My game crashes right before the snowboard minigame on disc 2 and I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of. It also crashes when trying to load speed square, but at least that's not required. The bike minigame was fine.

I am currently running the remix patch, Gjoerulv's 1.04 (which I had to install to pass Rapps in Wutai), and Aali's driver 0.7.5. I have tried all versions of Aali's driver between 0.7.3 (native to the remix patcher) and 0.7.11, and toggled each individual option in the OpenGL config file (shaders, fancy transparency, framelimiter, etc). The reason I am using 0.7.5 is because the later versions had more graphical glitches natively for me and did not allow me to get an emergency save before this crash. I have also tried running the game in nasty hardware mode and that didn't help. TL;DR: The version of Aali's driver doesn't seem to be the problem.

I uploaded my app.log, crash.dmp and the emergency save (right before going down the mountain) here, and would really appreciate if anyone could take a look:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBBJKZ3S

I googled around for crashes on the rollercoaster game and couldn't find anything. I did find that the snowboard game has been a problem since forever, but everything I read points to it being solved a few years ago. If no one can figure out what's going on, I'd really appreciate either a) a playthrough to the end of the minigame or b) the progression value and location so I can skip the event with Black Chocobo.

Thanks in advance!

PitBrat

• View Profile
The Remix contains quite a few damaged models.  It also installs Yamp patches that can cause problems with other mods that affect ff7.exe.
Have you tried my BOOTLEG PROJECT?
I've attempted to remedy many of the crashes the crop up when certain mods are combined.
At the above link is a tutorial discussing the steps I took to repair Remix.
There's also an automated installer that does all the work after you download all of the mods.

ogd

Wow, I totally missed that post (probably because it didn't say anything about rollercoasters or snowboards). This looks like a huge list, but I'll go through it and see if any of these steps fix the problem. Thanks!

In the meantime, I was able to get past the minigame by going through the Black Chocobo save archive to find the location of the save point in the hut, then setting my location to it. I then had to enter one of the landing screens (I chose the one with the tree) in order to continue with the game. I'll probably wait until getting back to the Gold Saucer before I mess with the installation again, since it'll be easy to test there.

EDIT: The issue turned out to be that certain minigame files weren't copied over in the installation (or were deleted by a patch), so some of them were just not there (like snowboard.lgp). Still, the tutorial was a ton of help for installing the Aeris patch... there's no way I could have installed it otherwise!
« Last Edit: 2011-10-27 02:37:13 by ogd »

IncoherentMoron

I'm having issues.  The game CTD as soon as it starts.

I'm on Win7 x64 with UAC off
The game is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII
The FF7 Music console reports

Code: [Select]
DataPath is C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently mp3\
psf\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   mp3\
   psf\
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 96
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

Removing Device.

msg: 70

msg: 131

msg: 71

msg: 798

msg: 70

msg: 71

msg: 798

Removing Device.

msg: 799

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
You should use the Bootleg Configurator instead.

IncoherentMoron

So can I use Bootleg in addition to this, or do I start fresh and never use the Remix?

(Sorry if I seem noobish, I'm just trying to follow the stickied thread, which recommended the Remix, and said nothing about the bootleg)
« Last Edit: 2011-10-18 09:52:43 by IncoherentMoron »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Download Bootleg and follow the instructions :)

PitBrat

• View Profile
Bootleg is a simple configurator that makes it easy to enjoy all of the mods produced by hard working community members.
Bootleg installs the Remix and a lot of real mods and applies some necessary fixes.
The Remix contains many damaged files and outdated mods; it is quite broken in places.
Adding mods to the Remix creates even more problems.
Through trial and error and much community support, I've identified and corrected many of these incompatibilities.

Dannoman

Hello and thank you so much titeguy3 and respective modders! This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for when I sought out mods for the game.

On to my question. Is it possible for me to use some of my own OCremix mp3s in the FF7music program? Mainly I want to use the song "Nomura Limit" in place of "Fight On" or "chu". Anyhow I am sure you answered this and I did read like 20 pages of the forum before posting but I felt that spending hours reading a forum defeated the purpose of your installer so I figured I would post.

Win7 32bit if that matters.

Thank you!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
It is absolutely possible to swap out songs in FF7Music. If you don't want to change too many settings (trust me, you don't, ff7music can be a beast), it's as simple as putting the mp3 somewhere that ff7music can see it (for example, in the same folder as other songs it's already using), opening ff7music, and choosing the new file for that one song.

I'm not too familiar with Remix, but does it have a shortcut that launches ff7music and ff7 together? If so, you will probably need to launch ff7music on its own separately to do this.

Dannoman

It launches FF7music and you launch FF7 from there. It seemed that it would be that simple but when I added the track and went to launch my game it gave me no music at all, anywhere :/ So i just tried going back to the preset soundtrack and... NOTHING :( psf not workin, mp3s not workin. I had to back up my saves and do a complete reinstall of everything. Now I am afraid to touch anything again.

Thanks for the reply! Any other insight is much appreciated!