Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.41f)  (Read 681258 times)

elberuss

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.41f)
« Reply #1825 on: 2021-12-16 15:30:57 »
I don't know.
Do you want to share your .hws so I can check it?
Sure, thanks!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PiZu4qSlQtYvEFgif_a3ZGZOACvBIXzY/view?usp=sharing

As i said, I just changed one entry on battle spots, I change a mu for piton, after save it as a mod, and I open it again, HW closes
« Last Edit: 2021-12-16 15:35:16 by elberuss »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: 2021-12-16 16:16:26 »
Ok...
The world map "Places" and "Battle Spots" sub-panels bug.
Don't change anything in them. I need to fix that...

Thanks for warning, elberuss. I didn't think I would need to update this tool anymore. That adds to my todo-list.

elberuss

• View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: 2021-12-16 16:25:21 »
Ok...
The world map "Places" and "Battle Spots" sub-panels bug.
Don't change anything in them. I need to fix that...

Thanks for warning, elberuss. I didn't think I would need to update this tool anymore. That adds to my todo-list.
But I read many people that changed it on this thread, how they did?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: 2021-12-16 18:32:35 »
It used to work correctly. I don't know why it doesn't work anymore. Maybe I changed something when moving to a format that is both compatible with the PSX and the PC versions of the game, maybe it's something else... I'll have to check.
On the same vibe, changing the script of "Opening-for-FMV" tends to create bugs, so that's also something to avoid with the current version.

elberuss

• View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: 2021-12-17 16:10:38 »
It used to work correctly. I don't know why it doesn't work anymore. Maybe I changed something when moving to a format that is both compatible with the PSX and the PC versions of the game, maybe it's something else... I'll have to check.
On the same vibe, changing the script of "Opening-for-FMV" tends to create bugs, so that's also something to avoid with the current version.
Thanks so much for your effort! really thaks! FFIX alwais was my liked game from my childhood and I love modding on it :)

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: 2022-01-20 02:34:06 »
Hello Tirlititi,

Would it be possible to change Quina'a trance command from Cook to Double Blue magic (Dbl Blu)? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: 2022-01-20 19:37:57 »
That's unfortunatly not possible using HW. That is too deeply encoded in the battle system.
On the PC version, modding the BattleHUD can be done to do something like that but it's not a feature that Memoria allows (yet).
BattleHUD

Another possibility (that works on PSX) is to have "Double Blue Magic" replace either Double White or Double Black. You'll loose one of them but as long as a command takes the natural slot of one of these, it's considered as a double command.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: 2022-01-21 00:00:26 »
Unfortunate. Regardless, thank you for responding so quickly. You're stand up person.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: 2022-01-28 06:46:13 »
Hello Tirlititi,

Sorry to pester you, but one last question. Would it be possible for me to make it so Quina could eat an enemy who is usually un-eatable. Tantarian for example? Is it as simple as removing the Easy Kill stat effect?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: 2022-01-28 18:34:42 »
Yes.
Human-type enemies are also non-edible but that doesn't apply to Tantarian.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: 2022-02-23 18:52:03 »
Hello again Tirlititi,

Turns out I have another question. I'm trying to give Freya a new spell, Inferno. She can perform it just fine; but when she goes to cast it she does a glitched jump animation. I've searched around online for a few hours now and I couldn't find a solution to this. I know she has a special flag inside the Edit Spell Sequencing, but I can't for the life of me figure out where to put it to make it work with Inferno. Is it even possible?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: 2022-02-23 22:01:38 »
The Memoria Engine mod fixes that on PC.
You can't fix it properly without Memoria: the only solution without Memoria would be to use "Play Freya's casting anim" in the spell sequence of "Inferno" but then it would bug if anything other than Freya uses Inferno and even then I'm not sure that you can get a flawless casting animation for Freya.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: 2022-02-23 23:42:43 »
I figured I needed to insert "Freya's casting animation" into "Inferno," I've tired copying the sequence of her other skills into "Inferno" to replicate it, but no luck. I don't mind if it bugs if anything else uses "Inferno" because I don't think anything else does. You wouldn't know how to properly insert it would you? If not, no worries. I really do appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: 2022-02-24 11:23:48 »
No sorry, I've never tried doing something like that on the PSX version.
To be honest, I'm not even sure it can work to actually play Freya's casting animation for a non-Dragon effect, that "Freya's casting animation", on the PSX version... The usage I suggest is actually an extrapolation of that sequence code's effect from the source code of the Steam version to its behaviour in the PSX version. It might be that Freya's casting animations are actually packed inside all the Dragon effects, next to the effect models and textures, and that they can't be used by any mean in a non-Dragon effect in the PSX version.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.39b)
« Reply #1839 on: 2022-03-09 22:41:31 »
First of all thank you for this amazing tool.
I am here to ask some help for a very little problem that has FF9 italian steam version: during a battle, when you choose to use magic sword ability (the Steiner+Vivi combo  :)), the text that appears in the top of the screen with the ability name has the words swapped. Here an example:
You choose Firaga Sword (in italian is "Colpo Firaga" and in hades workshop is named perfectly), in the top screen appears as "Firaga Colpo" (maybe use english order with italian text?)

My question is: is it possible to fix with hades workshop or with some manual edit?

Thanks usb :)
Yeah, I thought that they fixed that bug, but apparently not. It doesn't concern only Italian but also French and Spanish. The bug lies in the CIL method "BattleHUD::SetBattleCommandTitle" but it's a bit tricky to fix it there with HW.

What you can do though is bypass the bug: go to the "Interface" panel, select the "Battle Spell Naming" field and add 13 entries to it (right-click -> Add), then write the proper full names ("Colpo Fire" etc...). Finally, go to the "Party -> Spells" panel and change the casting names of the magic swords spells to the entries that you just added.
It's a bit dirty as a fix, but it works. You should also translate the names in the "Interface" panel if you want it to work for all the languages (I think the game would crash in non-italian language otherwise).

For info, you can have up to 62 custom spell names in that interface field.

Bringing back this cause i got to fix the bug itself instead of using workarounds.

Replace, in BattleHUD::SetBattleCommandTitle

Code: [Select]
text = FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityName((int)pCmd.sub_no) + str + FF9TextTool.BattleCommandTitleText(0);
with

Code: [Select]
string locale = Localization.GetSymbol();
if (locale == "IT" || locale == "ES" || locale == "FR")
text = FF9TextTool.BattleCommandTitleText(0) + FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityName((int)pCmd.sub_no);
else
text = FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityName((int)pCmd.sub_no) + str + FF9TextTool.BattleCommandTitleText(0);

Note that IT SP and FR don't need the middle space between words that "str" places cause said space is already within FF9TextTool.BattleCommandTitleText(0) for all the affected languages.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: 2022-03-09 23:09:47 »
The best is to use the Memoria Engine modifier that fixes that bug. There is no reason to edit the game's source code directly instead of installing Memoria.

child_of_terra

• View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: 2022-05-14 06:00:32 »
Hello Tirlititi,
I need your help. I use the Steam version and Albeori's Memoria. HadesWorkshopMod works correctly, but during ATE Cleyra [Meeting with the King and the High Priest] the text "debug" appears instead of dialogs. The same problem is observed during the balloon mini-game.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: 2022-05-14 12:09:38 »
Hum... By default, these dialogs are not translated in all the languages. The balloon mini-game was translated in french but not in english for example and the ATE in Cleyra was not translated in any language if I recall correctly. In these situations of a missing translation (but with good remnants of the deleted scene in the script), the lines are often replaced by "debug" as a placeholder or empty text. In other situations, the line was completly removed, resulting in a shift in the text IDs depending on the language (that is why there is not always the same number of texts depending on the language).

So you don't have these lines properly translated, either because you unlocked those scenes yourself in the scripts (in which case, congrats!) or because you imported only a part of a mod unlocking them (typically you unticked the "Texts" box when loading the .hws) or because the script-related modifications are properly installed but somehow the text-related modifications are not (the scripts are stored in a sub-folder of "StreamingAssets" while the texts are stored in a subfolder of "FF9_Data").

akirat9

• View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: 2022-05-16 05:14:43 »
why this message appear when opening ff9 psx image?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: 2022-05-16 10:17:42 »
HW is quite sensible to mods, even those it generates itself. Other than that, there should be no problem. It used to scan correctly the japanese, US, UK, french, italian, german and spanish PSX images; I don't have copies of them anymore to thoroughly check but it still scans correctly at least the US version.

When it scans a game successfully, it generates a "Final Fantasy IX (Disc 1).hwf" file next to your PSX image that contains the results of the scan so you don't need to do that anymore next time.

So I guess you are trying to open a modded version of a PSX image. If you know which mod it is and you can remove it (eg. it's a .ppf with an "undo" feature), do that then open it with HW. In many cases, HW will then generate a .hwf that you can use even after re-applying the mod (close HW, re-apply the mod but keep the .hwf next to the game and with the same name, then re-open the PSX image with HW).
If you don't know what mod your game has, you'll have to get another version of the PSX image first, one that is not modded or only very slightly modded. If you're using the US version, I can share .hwf files as well; hopefully they'll work.

akirat9

• View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: 2022-05-16 13:17:52 »
HW is quite sensible to mods, even those it generates itself. Other than that, there should be no problem. It used to scan correctly the japanese, US, UK, french, italian, german and spanish PSX images; I don't have copies of them anymore to thoroughly check but it still scans correctly at least the US version.

When it scans a game successfully, it generates a "Final Fantasy IX (Disc 1).hwf" file next to your PSX image that contains the results of the scan so you don't need to do that anymore next time.

So I guess you are trying to open a modded version of a PSX image. If you know which mod it is and you can remove it (eg. it's a .ppf with an "undo" feature), do that then open it with HW. In many cases, HW will then generate a .hwf that you can use even after re-applying the mod (close HW, re-apply the mod but keep the .hwf next to the game and with the same name, then re-open the PSX image with HW).
If you don't know what mod your game has, you'll have to get another version of the PSX image first, one that is not modded or only very slightly modded. If you're using the US version, I can share .hwf files as well; hopefully they'll work.

I'm using US version this time. maybe share hwf will work ?

« Last Edit: 2022-05-17 18:17:20 by akirat9 »