Author Topic: Final Fantasy IX: David Bowie Edition - A gameplay mod (April 25, 2022: 1.16)  (Read 14888 times)

Clem Fandango

• View Profile
The mod should be compatible with all parts of Moguri as far as I can tell.

As for turn-based battles, it was actually not designed with them in mind, but you can absolutely play with them if you'd like. Like vanilla FF9 though, make sure to turn off turn-based battles when fighting Ozma, to my understanding the setting does not work there due to Ozma's unique quirks.

Robgatti

• View Profile
The mod should be compatible with all parts of Moguri as far as I can tell.

As for turn-based battles, it was actually not designed with them in mind, but you can absolutely play with them if you'd like. Like vanilla FF9 though, make sure to turn off turn-based battles when fighting Ozma, to my understanding the setting does not work there due to Ozma's unique quirks.

OK thank you!

Really appreciate the patience with all the questions, modding is a fairly new thing to me.

And last question, DBE should be at the top of the mod load correct? Only plan on using the better Backgrounds.

EDIT: After finishing the installation of Moguri when I open FF9 there is no longer an options to install mods.

https://gyazo.com/9936084eb2a73d95810072febd3a4b08 SS
« Last Edit: 2022-05-10 22:36:09 by Robgatti »

Clem Fandango

• View Profile
OK thank you!

Really appreciate the patience with all the questions, modding is a fairly new thing to me.

And last question, DBE should be at the top of the mod load correct? Only plan on using the better Backgrounds.

EDIT: After finishing the installation of Moguri when I open FF9 there is no longer an options to install mods.

https://gyazo.com/9936084eb2a73d95810072febd3a4b08 SS

Definitely have DBE at the top of the load order, things will get WEIRD if it's not.

As for the other installation, all you need to do after installing Moguri is re-run the Memoria patcher. Once you do that the Install Mods section should still be there and the Moguri components should show up.

Robgatti

• View Profile
Ahh OK, I accidentally mixed up the order of what to do.

Got it running so far so good.

Is there anyway to rebind the my movement keys on Controller?

IE its using the Joystick by default, if not no worries Ill warm up to it.

Clem Fandango

• View Profile
It's been a while since I used a controller with this (at this point I mostly just use a keyboard out of convenience) but I think you can set it up to use a d-pad depending on what kind of controller you use. Typically when I use a keyboard I use a DualShock 4 and I believe I had to use DS4Windows https://ds4-windows.com/to get it to work. Not entirely sure what you would need to do with other controller types though.

I can see why you would want to do that though, the stage fight at the start of the game is way more difficult on a keyboard from my experience.