Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FFNx - Next generation modding platform for FF7/FF8  (Read 80789 times)

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
hi. can i ask a bit of ff7 nx driver?

i downloaded the lastest ffnx driver to use because im not planning to use 7thheaven. 7th heaven only reconigze the old pc ff7.exe app as im playing with 2012 steam of the game.

i downloaded it and throw into my ff7 game folder, adjust my window size and it works but weirdly is the mod is not working at all. i create a folder 'mods/textures' and download the iro file, then unpack it and throw into the textures folder, i even create subfolder name follow like the name in the data folder such as char, battle and so on, but none seems working. im unsure how to make it work so hope u could help me.

i know now the latest 7th heaven also include ffnx in it but still prefer only ffnx use with my ff7 steam only. lazy to mount and unmount the ff7 disk and also i cant use the ff7 editor to modify cait sith/vincent initial data since it only supports ff7 steam not the old pc one

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
You can use steam version with 7h

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
but how to? it always create a ff7.exe of the old pc game

stavstav

• View Profile
Reserved
I am trying to run only the psx music mod with this, not working at all.  Perhaps it is because I own both versions 1998 and 2013steam and have switched between the two on this PC in the past.
My problem is after installing this on 1998 version followed instructions to the T, upgrade game to v1.02, run the ffnx.reg file, no logo, no aali driver, no nothing happens, when I start the game.  Tried both versions listed here https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19967.0/  newest 1.8.12, 1.7.x, neither work,

made a topic here already no one replied =(  https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=21630.0 

how am I supposed to set this to be the graphics driver?  Stock 1.02 has less or none options.  Only other ff7config.exe is from aali old driver 0.7.11b.  Probably something is incorrect in the registry yet I installed to c:\games\final fantasy vii\ as instructed.

I am not using 7H or any other mods.

also noticed in your cfg file that there is no 'transparent dialog boxes' setting as in aali driver which was awesome, is it not possible with ffnx?

anyway I am struggling with this seem to need some help, but atm switched back to 2013steam version, as music, lack of controller support, screenshot issues, and occasional crashing exe upon alt-tab were bothering me.  I hope this forum is not totally DEAD

TrueOdin

• View Profile
To all of you having issues I'd suggest joining our Discord servers, it will be easier to support you. You can find the links to join on the support link in the OP. Cheers!

JoseThomas

• View Profile
Thank you.