Author Topic: A few problems that I'd like answers to...please??  (Read 5196 times)

Marik

• View Profile
- The beginning intro (after selecting new game) and it's sound are out of sync (ie. can hear aeris walking before she even stands up)

- As a result of the above, there is no sound during the 2nd half of the intro (about where it moves back and quickly shows the train pulling up)

- As soon as the train pulls up and Avalanche jump out, the screen goes black. This is cured by going into the menu and then exiting.

- After you name Barret, and Cloud looks up at the reactor, his sprite does not change with the movie. In other words, it does not grow or anything - it just stays the same as it normally does.

That's all I've got so far. I haven't dared to go further because I was pissed with it. So what's the problem, if anyone knows? By the way this is a totally unpatched FF7 on Windows XP. It worked before and I don't understand why it isn't working now. Any ideas??

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
A few problems that I'd like answers to...please??
« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-25 17:27:36 »
You can try playing with Direct Sound Accleration set to Basic. That might slow down the audio. Go into Dxdiag and then go into the Sound tab. Just type dxdiag in the run... menu of windows.

But you may have a video codec conflict of some sort.

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-26 02:57:44 »
Hmmm. Well I guess it's worth giving a shot. I'll go get the latest audio and video codecs too.

EDIT: Errors happened again. WTF IS GOING ON?? :evil:

Cyrus XIII

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-26 15:44:50 »
Chill man, an aggressive temper won't get you answers any sooner (quite the opposite, actually).

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-26 18:32:06 »
Are you playing in software mode?  Because that slows down the movies.

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-29 09:59:57 »
Hmmm. I think I might have been. Any way around that, maybe w.o a 1.02 patch?

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-08-29 10:47:37 »
Is this a legit or downloaded copy?

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-08-29 13:47:27 »
Yes it is a legitimate 4 CD copy of the game (one install CD and 3 play CDs). It is in no way that piece of trash Ultima Edition!!

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-08-29 20:18:33 »
Well then, howabout you copy your movies to your hard drive?

See if that works =)

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-08-29 20:39:40 »
Quote from: Marik
Yes it is a legitimate 4 CD copy of the game (one install CD and 3 play CDs). It is in no way that piece of trash Ultima Edition!!

Good to see some people shame the flair I have for buying the game :D

As Steele said, try copying the movies to the Hd.

If not, have you tried compatibility mode?

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-08-29 22:49:39 »
I guess both of those are worth a shot. Just hate how FF7 requires a restart, because I've got a big torrent file going on right now (incredibly slow over my 512/128, which is pathetic!!). It's not really progessing much so I guess a restart won't hurt it.

So I'm all for copying the movies to the hard drive. But won't the game just read them from the CD anyway?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just read that movie tweaking guide. Thanks. And yes, I will also try compatability mode, which one do I choose though?

CRITICAL EDIT: The errors came up yet again. All of them. Although with this install the movies look cleaner than they were before. So what gives? I directed the movie path to my hard disk and put ff7.exe into Win95 compataible mode...and still those errors from my first post appear? So what do I do now?? :weep:

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #11 on: 2005-08-30 17:07:37 »
...I already made my guess.
It's probably a codec conflict of sorts.

I don't know how to fix that manually. I just know that after I had reinstalled Windows... such movie studdering and delays disappeared, on my machine. Mind you this was a complete reinstall, not a repair, but a reinstall on a blank partition. And I didn't have a sound delay...it was just a stop 1 second, go 3 second type of thing.

I had a harddrive failer, recently..... FF7 wasn't the only game that improved, after that new Windows installation. Of course...I'm sure the new harddrive has something to do with it, too.  Old harddrive "was" failing, afterall.

Now that I think of it...probably had nothing to do with the software (such as a codec conflict).... Probably, completely Hardware related (harddrive). Except for one little thing.... the movies are played off the CD-rom, not the harddrive. So you're guess is as good as mine, as to why my movies played better after my harddrive crash, and a force, reinstallation of WinXP. Vitual Ram, maybe....but why would a 1gig system use V-ram?

Anyway... I think the end result is the same. I don't thing the FF7 program is your problem....I think it's something outside the program. Something 3rd party.

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-08-31 00:19:59 »
Well then I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to play FF7 on this computer ever again. I already reformatted ELEVEN (11) TIMES in the past, and there is NOT gonna be a 12th time. Sorry.

Might as well go learn how to use RPG Maker XP then. :weep: