Author Topic: Cosmos Gaia: a worldmap rendering and analog controls overhaul  (Read 9759 times)

eivarden

• View Profile
Heya, I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have had a few friends refuse to play og FF7 due to no analog controls!
I also didnt even want to play New Threat, knowing I had to deal with the old 8way controls. (Wouldnt be bad, if up was actually "up" etc)
But anyways, Ive run into a problem, and was hoping in a future build it may be possible to have some customization of which parts in the mod I could turn off?
My computer lags real bad in the world map. 2 frames per second. (running in 480p resolution as well, since i think it looks nicer) it takes an eternity to get anywhere. but if i disable the mod, i lose the analog control! ;_;

Is there a way to pick and choose some features? such as turning off/on high res textures, or load distance? (itd want to keep load distance, but if it still lags, id try to keep texture quality, and see if its ok with that next, and then both if its still lagging)
I know this is a recent release, but I hope in the future we'd get an option for this!
But thanks for being the 1st to make analog controls, its been soooo nice redoing midgar with better control! (for now, i close the program out when in world mode, restart w/o the mod, and when in town/dungeon, close out again, and restart each time...)

EDIT: IDK why, but I noticed the 7thHeaven config now made "Analog controls" work now. Before when checked it didnt actually allow full 360 analog controls. It was just the same as using the DPAD 8way. Does this mod change it, even if turned off?
« Last Edit: 2024-03-29 04:45:28 by eivarden »

OLKv3

• View Profile
I see in this thread I'm not the only one who has slowdown on the world map.

Edit: Figured out the issue. Switch the game driver to Directx12. It'll work then
« Last Edit: 2024-04-21 06:53:48 by OLKv3 »