Author Topic: No gaming skill needed trick on FFX  (Read 12780 times)

JordieBo

• View Profile
No gaming skill needed trick on FFX
« on: 2008-08-09 19:10:45 »
Hey, by accident I found a trick you can do on FFX.
Some of you may use this and some of you may think it's cheating.
In Besaid, teach Tidus Cheer and Haste.
Now, on the first boat to Kilika, when you fight Sin there will be a never ending line of 3 sinspawn. Rearrange your team to Tidus, Wakka, and Kimahri. Have Tidus cast haste on everyone and then keep using cheer until Wakka and Kimahri are doing at least 200, Kimahri should be able to do about 300 and Wakka should be doing about 230 for this to work nicely, now keep attacking the Sinspawn. They should die in one hit. When Sin sends out three more sinspawn, your team should all attack before the sinspawn. Now because you kill them in one hit they will never get a chance hit. Meaning you can attack forever. Hopefully if you cheered enough, at least one of your characters should be overkilling, mine was Tidus. Each Sinspawn gives about 20 gil and 2 AP I think. That's about one fight in Kilika.

Now heres the part you may not want to do, if you have turbo on your controller, turbo the X button [O for International] and hold it down with an elastic band or balance the edge of your  Playstation on it. You can leave this for hours now, but keep checking just in case somethings gone wrong in battle or the thing holding the button down has come off.

I'm currently doing this well and it's working nicely!
Enjoy your money and levelling up.

P.S. If anyone has anymore tricks please share them!

Wuz

• View Profile
Re: No gaming skill needed trick on FFX
« Reply #1 on: 2008-08-14 10:11:29 »
reminds me of the trick in FF7 to use a turbo button and sit on the swamp fighting endless midgar zoloms near the chocobo ranch.

can get you to level 99 in about 24 hours maybe?  :-P
you do need to be strong enough to kick its arse to begin with though but still a great trick.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-08-14 10:45:53 »
http://progressquest.com/

I never understood these "tricks".  :-(

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-08-25 20:34:47 »
ffx-2 was a bit more funny - you didn't even need turbo in the pad, just put something on X button, and have white mage use pray all the time to keep party in one piece, and others do whatever.

it was mostly useful for quick learning of dress sphere skills, not level ups though.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-08-30 19:47:02 »
Here's a trick for ya.  If you go all the way to the end of the game with characters reasonably levelled, you actually get a sense of achievement upon completion.
I never understood the need in uber-levelled characters.  What's the point in using tricks and such anyway?  If your going to have an unfair advantage over the enemy on that scale, just use an Action Replay and get it over with.

Each to his own though I suppose.

I never understood the need in uber-levelled characters.
EDIT: Unless you are on a second/third/whatever play through, in which case, you shouldn't be looking for the unfair advantage anyway, you should be looking for enemies you missed first time round to offer a new challenge.
« Last Edit: 2008-08-30 19:48:57 by *:.Griever.:* »

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-08-30 21:44:32 »
EDIT: Unless you are on a second/third/whatever play through, in which case, you shouldn't be looking for the unfair advantage anyway, you should be looking for enemies you missed first time round to offer a new challenge.

Uh, yeah. I've completed it 6 times  :-)
My favourite FF.
Anyhow, you said that you would have an unfair advantage with this trick. But first of all, you can get a max of 99 sphere levels from this trick, and it takes a few thousand to complete the grid... So it's really just a boost.
Secondly, if you are on the UK version of FFX, you get the unfair enemies called Dark Aeons who do 99999 damage each turn. I think they have the unfair advantage.
Then you have Penance. I won't even tell you bout' Penance.
My third point. This is nothing like Action Replay. This "trick" is not really a trick. It's correct use of skill. There is no cheating involved, or any glitches. It's just the fact that you characters are faster than the enemy. It's perfectly normal and you can do this is quite a few battles if you where fast enough. Also, it's quite hard to get haste at this level. So it does take quite a bit of leveling up.
This is pretty much the same as leveling up.....

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-08-31 09:04:07 »
(...)if you are on the UK version of FFX, you get the unfair enemies called Dark Aeons who do 99999 damage each turn.

Touché.  Good point, well made.  But there easy if you know how. :-)

Clad_in_Black

« Reply #7 on: 2008-10-26 21:54:07 »
yeah, I always summon Yojimbo and hope that he uses Zanmato, and BAM, bye bye Dark Aeon!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-10-28 22:58:56 »
Sigh. I will confess to having done that a few times as well, but I beat most of them without it. The Dark Magus Sisters battle was one of the best I've ever fought in any FF (I wish I'd made a save just before I beat them). Beating Dark Yojimbo over and over again (legitimately) without ever losing was also fun.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-11-01 12:20:57 »
Yeah when I said if you know how, I meant having a good strategy. :-)

Beating a Dark Aeon with Yojimbo is rather cheap imo, I prefer to get my moneys worth from a battle so epic.  They are the best battles the game can offer me, and I love taking the time to fight them properly.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-11-01 18:47:35 »
There are cheap attacks and combinations in every FF game, but Zanmato really takes the biscuit. If we ever manage to hack FFX we'll have to do something about Yojimbo; maybe it could be modded so that he can't use it on bosses.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-11-06 21:35:55 »
Or better still, maybe it could be modded to simply make him disappear.