Author Topic: NVIDIA 8400M GS issue (can anyone delete this topic?) SOLVED  (Read 3185 times)

rcond

Hello all!

I have an anoying problem while playing FF7 PC version with 1.02 patch. I searched in this forum and noticed that many people have problems with these f@#$! gridlines and marbled words while using direct3d hardware acceleration, however the suggestions had broken links or did not apply to my graphics card (forceware version for example).

I've tested several forcewares (searched for the compatible ones in www.laptopvideo2go.com) and the gridlines and marble words were still there (the battles and videos are great), then I tried to disable some functions for the FF7.exe specifically (in the NVIDIA control panel) and discovered that the option "substitute application configuration" (anti-aliasing - mode) is the responsible, because even if any other option is at max configuration and selecting "controlled by application" solves the problem, but the graphics appear pixalated (without anti-aliasing).

Is there anything I can do to solve these issues? I tried to apply the hi res patch to increase the resolution of the game but it did not work (no new option appear in the ff7config.exe).

Thank you for any help!  :-)

OBS.: since my software is in Portuguese, some translations regarding the options in the NVIDIA control panel may vary

NOTE: I tried the suggestions Aaron gave in his FAQ about installing RivaTunner and changing the RivaTunner.cfg with the supplied code. Since the version 1.42 was not compatible (although I also tested wit that version) I installed the RivaTunner 2.11 version wich is fully compatible and followed the same steps - THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE
« Last Edit: 2008-10-08 04:19:18 by rcond »

rcond

Re: NVIDIA 8400M GS issue
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-03 02:29:37 »
At least, can anyone tell me that my problem can not be solved so I will be able to move on with my life and forget FF7?  :cry:

rcond

« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-06 04:33:44 »
Sorry to bother you all... it seems that no one here wants to help me or even relply this post.

I have uninstalled FF7 and now I am using the ePSXe emulator which works very well in higher resolutions with no glitches.

I gave up using this f%$#@ game from EIDOS.

Thank you anyway...

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-06 09:46:20 »
If no one knows the answer, there not going to make a pointless post saying - "I don't know how to help you".
:-)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-06 09:59:25 »
That's the way it works. You get gridlines on unpatched version with antialiasing, or pixelated background without the AA turned on.