Author Topic: Cloud Strife FF7 PC Re-model: Crisis Core Secret Ending Style [UPDATE]  (Read 35592 times)

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Well, With a Lot of time and hard effort, i managed to create This:

Within the next couple of days, i should have some screenshots of ingame :D

However, i am ACTUALLY considering to release this as a patch to people. Granted, it's no-where near as good as what it was inspired by, but i just had to show anyone who may click onto this :D I'm pretty sure it would make people happy  :wink:

Anyway, feedback is appreciated :D and comments on whether to release it or not..?

The thread which started my project:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7451.0

Thanks a LOT apz freak! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
« Last Edit: 2008-12-11 15:41:51 by NeoCLoudstrife »

polaris_027

yes please release it! so very nice! i would love to have this so much! ^^D

hey btw, are you only planning this remodel for cloud?
« Last Edit: 2008-11-18 01:57:11 by polaris_027 »

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
well, i'll see how it goes after i import it. if it all works perfectly, theres no reson i shouldnt start on sephiroth at some point :D and i guess that goes for Most FF7 models availaible in KH2 :D

polaris_027

haha soo nice man..looks like soo much work to do..sigh..wish i could help you with the modelings but i can't 'cause I'm a totally noob at that..good luck with this though..hope you could really release it by then..many people would be soo much happy! ^^D

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
If your taking models from KH2, I would advise against a release.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
You're right, and i agree, however, i dont want everyone to have to go through what i went through :/
I mean it took me FOREVER to make this, since i was overcome with wanting apz' model :P and i dread to think of what people do if they Dont have the capabilities to make their own :/ at least they can settle for a "second-best"
maybe i'm the one who cares...
...but i dont think so. so for now, illegal or not, i think i'm going to release it :wink:

• View Profile
If you truly want to help people, wouldn't it be better to release a tutorial written by yourself?
So that anyone who wants it so badly will be able to make it themselves instead of relying on others to do the work for them.

NameSpoofer

if he really wants to release then please let him release it, why are you trying to prevent him?
most people are gamers not programmers, they dont even know what char.lgp is.

Btw neocloudstrife, im having trouble with the khdump.exe. I drag the kh.iso and the kingdom.idx into the khdump.exe, then it starts dumping and shows the list of mdls files dumped but after its done the khdump.exe closed and i cant seem to find the mdls files anywhere. Do you know what the problem is? Should I instead use 3d ripper and a ps2 emulator to rip the models?
« Last Edit: 2008-11-19 18:18:05 by NameSpoofer »

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
If you truly want to help people, wouldn't it be better to release a tutorial written by yourself?
So that anyone who wants it so badly will be able to make it themselves instead of relying on others to do the work for them.
possibly, possibly... however, pirating $200+ 3D modelling software, which is essentially what you need to do (not saying i did that  :wink:), is slightly more illegal than a few dissasembled models... i dont know...
if he really wants to release then please let him release it, why are you trying to prevent him?
most people are gamers not programmers, they dont even know what char.lgp is.

Btw neocloudstrife, im having trouble with the khdump.exe. I drag the kh.iso and the kingdom.idx into the khdump.exe, then it starts dumping and shows the list of mdls files dumped but after its done the khdump.exe closed and i cant seem to find the mdls files anywhere. Do you know what the problem is? Should I instead use 3d ripper and a ps2 emulator to rip the models?
there should be a folder somewhere. if teh thing came up dumoing the models, search for a folder nearby named "Dump_kh2".
PCSX2 currently does not support 3dripperDX, you get a 2D mess :/

Tsetra

• View Profile
You ought to modify it just a little so his top spike stands a bit taller. Maybe not necessarily as high as in the original battle model, but close. Also if you're looking for nitpicking, his lower body, where the bottom half of his belt is, seems too small. His upperbody just suddenly expands outwards and looks strange. His suspenders seem a bit off as well.
Minor nitpicking  :-) Looks really good, much better than anything I could ever pull off with my lack of 1337 skillz.

Let's take down FF7Music and add a tutorial for coding it in C++ instead, and let's take down the FF7PRP too and make a tutorial as well. Let's also forget about FF7Voice and tell people how to alter their voice so they can make their own voice over patches. YAMP, High-Res patch, and avatar patches need to go too. The patch that alters spell names should go as well because the names are content from other games.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-20 05:50:52 by Tsetra »

• View Profile

Let's take down FF7Music and add a tutorial for coding it in C++ instead, and let's take down the FF7PRP too and make a tutorial as well. Let's also forget about FF7Voice and tell people how to alter their voice so they can make their own voice over patches. YAMP, High-Res patch, and avatar patches need to go too. The patch that alters spell names should go as well because the names are content from other games.

My two pennies worth.  I meant ripping models from KH, NOT original creations.  If he wants to release them, he can.  if you want to take what I say the wrong way, I couldn't give a toss. :-)
EDIT: And also, what's giving a guide to ripping models got to do with coding?  Jesus H.  Simple post and all of a sudden you have an army of one trying to make you look like a dumb ass.

« Last Edit: 2008-11-20 12:24:39 by *:.Griever.:* »

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
You ought to modify it just a little so his top spike stands a bit taller. Maybe not necessarily as high as in the original battle model, but close. Also if you're looking for nitpicking, his lower body, where the bottom half of his belt is, seems too small. His upperbody just suddenly expands outwards and looks strange. His suspenders seem a bit off as well.
Minor nitpicking  :-) Looks really good, much better than anything I could ever pull off with my lack of 1337 skillz.

thanks for the suggestions :D
should have some gameplay pics up later today or tomorrow.

EDIT: I need someone who can Get a Tex File of my textures for me if i send them it. for some reason, whenever i do it, it always is untextured ingame. kind of annoying. i wonder how apz did it...
« Last Edit: 2008-11-20 21:35:07 by NeoCLoudstrife »

Tsetra

• View Profile

My two pennies worth.  I meant ripping models from KH, NOT original creations.  If he wants to release them, he can.  if you want to take what I say the wrong way, I couldn't give a toss. :-)
EDIT: And also, what's giving a guide to ripping models got to do with coding?  Jesus H.  Simple post and all of a sudden you have an army of one trying to make you look like a dumb ass.

Well you know what they say, it's not what you say, but how you say it. So yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who took that the wrong way. By your response you clearly "give a toss", but if I mistook your statement I apologize for that.
But in a lot of ways, this mod wouldn't be much different from the ones I mentioned, even considering the big KH ripping scare. Cause if you want to get REALLY technical, modifying the game at all is illegal. If they REALLY wanted to, they could come down on every project here. Even a program like FF7Music, which doesn't alter the game at all, well I'm pretty sure most people are playing it with FF7 PSFs they downloaded off the internet rather than ripping them by themselves.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-21 01:53:49 by Tsetra »

• View Profile
But with all the other mods, you don't get Squeenix AND Disney coming down on you. :-)

polaris_027

hmmm..yeah..disney..so what's your thought neocloud? still going' for a release? :|

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
Yes, i believe so.

Having a few problems with textures at the moment, that and im lazy, so heres a work in progress kimera screenshot:

As you can see, the only thing left to do is the Feet :D

By the way, would it interest anyone if i Continued to Upgrade Another little project of mine that appears in this picture?:
« Last Edit: 2008-11-23 00:06:23 by NeoCLoudstrife »

polaris_027

oh yeah..looks very nice as expected..hahaha :evil:

One-Winged Angel

Hi there, I recently signed up here, but I have been keeping a eye on this, it looks ossum, I hope you do release.

I'm good on Maya, so If you need any assistance, I'm happy to help.

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
Cool!!! [bandage buster could be the ultima weapon!, and if you have KH1, Cloud's got a nice cape for Vincent]
Looking foward to in-game screenies! :-D [Don't have the PC edition :-( but PSX is a nice version!]

polaris_027

if you dont have the pc version than im sorry to say that this is not for you :-)

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
I know, but I love eyecandy! :lol:

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
Although this project has been overshadowed tremendously by APZ's new cloud model, i am going to continue. i haven't updated much, since i have been busy and what little time i do have has been given to fixing up a few little flaws with my cloud.

More is on the way!

Tsetra

• View Profile
I wouldn't say that at all, I'm still looking forward to it and your drive to remodel is encouraging. Besides, there's nothing wrong with choices.

Regarding your other topic, have you seen the "FFVII-2" Ultima Weapon by TheTong? That's a really good render - true to the original and very, very attractive. I've been thinking of trying to recreate that myself as a foray into modelling for the game.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
You're right, that is good :D

hehe im warming to FF7 modding :D

Enoehttonmi

O...M...G, This is awesome! If you will release it, I **WILL** use it. :evil:
Will this model work on game without The SaiNt's High Res?