Author Topic: Wrong enemies in battles with Final Heaven  (Read 1402 times)

minceme

Wrong enemies in battles with Final Heaven
« on: 2014-12-28 00:35:48 »
So I know it instructs me on how to fix this issue on installation guide, but it hasn't worked for me. The last time I tried it, which was my 4th reinstall said it deleted 5 registry keys (as did the last ones), but upon playing the game, I found enemies that were in my unmodded games came to never exist. For example, fighting frogs instead of Dyne, Shinra building bosses didn't exist, and so on. There are also appears to be issues in that the battle model I chose for Cloud does not match the one shown in game. Also, the Shinra highway escape crashes unless I turn off all visual mods. I have reinstalled them as well and this issue persists. Finally, after playing for about 30 minutes, the assist doritos and hand become cracked black/green/red boxes. Oddly enough I get this error message whenever I start the game that says "GLITCH: missed palette write to external texture field/blin70_1/blin70_1_15". Overall, I seem to be having a myriad of issues. However, the only issue that really bugs me is the wrong enemies part, the other two are less important to me. I appreciate any help I can get and I feel I should add I am not too informed with computers it would be nice if the steps were simple so that someone like me could understand. Thank you for any help! And sorry if this is a repost but I can't navigate through the forums at the time for every 10 seconds it says that a live version is not available.

Edit: I've tried running the game with only cheats and sound/music mods and the enemies seem to return to normal. I'm not sure if it is an issue with the mods, but if it is I cannot seem to pinpoint which mod is causing the issue. In other words, I am completely clueless.

Edit #2: So after deactivating more mods, I found two mods I had installed but were not using. Upon deactivating them, I began meeting the correct enemies (I have only tested this theory in the Shinra building). However, I still receive the GLITCH message. As I am technologically clueless, I have no idea what I did but it brought results. Any explanations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
« Last Edit: 2014-12-28 05:33:38 by minceme »