Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII installation  (Read 3050 times)

Mr_Suplex

Final Fantasy VII installation
« on: 2005-01-07 01:33:28 »
Alright when I try to install FFVII It gives me an MS-DOS error, now I know xp (which is what I have) doesnt have dos, and believe me I tried looking for one, but I couldnt find a patch or anything for it, can someone help me please.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #1 on: 2005-01-07 07:51:55 »
Try showing us text of the error, so we can know what is the problem.

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-07 13:30:16 »
A description of the error would be helpful (like Mirex said).

Anyway, I'm assuming that it's a "16 Bit MS-DOS Subsystem" error. If that's the case, then refer to this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

If that's not the case, you'll have to describe what error you're facing whilst installing FF7.

Mr_Suplex

« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-07 21:25:33 »
16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.MT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choos 'Close to terminate the application.

Close              Ignore

I am going to be honest im a bit of a computer moron, I may need 1 on 1 help with this.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-08 07:39:02 »
uuhhmmm

Are you sure you don't mean "Autoexec.NT"?  Cuz thats the file -i- have in my system32 folder o_o

MOD EDIT: When correcting someone on spelling mistakes, make sure you don't make your own.

[edit in response to above] i wasn't correcting his spelling... i was making sure he didn't have a h4xx0r3d file =)

MOD EDIT: Yes, well he certainly wouldn't have an "Auoexec.NT" either. ;)

Uhm, i HAVE the "t" in there o_O

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-08 12:41:55 »
Try the link I posted earlier; I suspect your AUTOEXEC.NT file is corrupted (Heh, not surprising given the amount of spyware/worms/viruses nowadays). I know mine was corrupted.... so I had to fix it using the method on Microsoft's website.

Of course you'll need your original WinXP disc to do that.