Author Topic: movie (codec) problem  (Read 2974 times)

fegefeuer

movie (codec) problem
« on: 2007-07-29 20:08:48 »
Hi there.

I wanted to play trough FF7 one more time.

I installed it and it worked fine, but i got some crashes when entering battle. I reinstalled it several times trying to fix the problem (i do now know that there is a patch for this "crash at entering" battle problem, but i got another problem)..
i accidentally clicked on "Install Movie Player" on the installation screen.. and now i have a problem:
there are "fragments" in the videos.. i can't explain it very well.. there are white spots where only black should be.. you can see that it is not right..
the videos were fine (= in the intro video, there were only the white stars and nothing = black between them) .. now you can see white dots / fragments around the stars..

i tried to uninstall this damn thing for hours but i just couldn't get back to the point, where the videos looked normal :-((
reinstalling ff7 doesn't help.. the videos still dont look right..

help pls

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Re: movie (codec) problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-30 02:22:01 »
try getting the upside-down movie patch: it's an updated version of the movie-player codec, and it might clear up your issues.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Re: movie (codec) problem
« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-30 03:49:35 »
I think it might be talking about the regular fuzziness that appears when videos are playing...  It's silly, but normal behavior, has to do with how FF7 downsamples the movies to 16-bit color.

There's this new thread about fixing it with ffdshow.