Author Topic: FF7: New Crashes  (Read 4330 times)

PlzHalpMe

FF7: New Crashes
« on: 2007-12-05 03:48:23 »
SPOILERS, although you all probably know how it goes.

So, I'm at the part where Cloud and friends jack Cid's plane, and fly away with him. The cinematic of him climbing on to the plane always plays, but every time I get to the part where Cid tells you not to piss yourself (and you can move on the plane) it crashes. FF7.exe has encountered and error, blah blah blah. It's happened about 7 times now; and it's awful. Not being able to progress in the game FTL. I tried to do it about 15 times now, and no luck.

Then I tried to start a new game, and it too began crashing (at the point where Barret leaves Cloud and Cloud is cornered by like 8 Shinra guys) too.
I don't know what the problem is, this just started yesterday, Any help would be appreciated, for now I can hardly play at all.

Oh, and I don't know if it mattered, but it worked fine for 5 or 6 days, with no crashes at all. Now that's all it does. And I don't really want to use the thread about having someone advance my save; I'd hate to miss any of the story.

blackdeed

Re: FF7: New Crashes
« Reply #1 on: 2007-12-05 05:13:28 »
Are you using Windows XP?  I had some crashing issues and I simply downloaded a patch and it worked for a while.  Try http://www.sofotex.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-XP-Patch-download_L5052.html if you are in fact using XP.  If that is not the case or it doesn't work, dont worry about missing any of the story, after the part that your game crashes at you gain control and can immediately go save. I would post it for someone, or post it here and I'll do it for you.

PlzHalpMe

« Reply #2 on: 2007-12-05 06:49:32 »
Are you using Windows XP?  I had some crashing issues and I simply downloaded a patch and it worked for a while.  Try http://www.sofotex.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-XP-Patch-download_L5052.html if you are in fact using XP.  If that is not the case or it doesn't work, dont worry about missing any of the story, after the part that your game crashes at you gain control and can immediately go save. I would post it for someone, or post it here and I'll do it for you.
I already have the XP patch, but thanks for trying.  :lol:

blackdeed

« Reply #3 on: 2007-12-05 07:15:02 »
than if you can't get past the crash point, just submit the save, as I said, after the time that it crashes you gain control and can head right to land and save the game.  Check the Sticky boards.

PlzHalpMe

« Reply #4 on: 2007-12-05 08:22:09 »
Well it's also crashing in my new file too, so just getting past it won't be helpful, because it's bound to happen again.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #5 on: 2007-12-05 16:33:36 »
Note, the "Final Fantasy VII XP patch" was not released by Eidos, and it is also neither recommended nor supported on this board (see the FAQ).

thaihonglan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-12-06 02:28:00 »
Try again with another source !
I have seen this situation, I downloaded another source and pass !

PlzHalpMe

« Reply #7 on: 2007-12-06 21:49:28 »
Try again with another source !
I have seen this situation, I downloaded another source and pass !
I don't know what any of that means; a link or brief description would be helpful.

Note, the "Final Fantasy VII XP patch" was not released by Eidos, and it is also neither recommended nor supported on this board (see the FAQ).
I think I have the real one. Not by Animevamp. I just downloaded a bundle from FF7-Universe. It said it had a Chocobo, 1.02, and something else.

thaihonglan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-12-07 01:25:12 »
I mean you should download or buy another game disk. This is your game ISO or CD's bad, not game's error.
Perhaps, you can meet again this problem at the ending FMV in disk 2, it also is your game data badness.

^_^