Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850321 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #475 on: 2011-11-27 00:01:02 »
You won't be able to just uninstall the ReTranslation or Menu Overhaul because of the large number of other mods installed.

If you mean purely menu overhaul, the uninstall option at bottom should do it.  By File should completely renew the files.
edit:

Yeah, once the re translation is added, to get back to the original files you need to use uninstall by FILE.  not by patch.

« Last Edit: 2011-11-27 00:54:53 by DLPB »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2011-11-27 01:34:24 »
I thought there might be an issue with the Menu Overhaul uninstall option because flevel.lgp is heavily modified after Menu Overhaul installs.
Also, if Mode Switching is enabled, there are multiple copies of the files that Menu Overhaul modifies.  Menu Overhaul installs two times when using Hardcore and Mode Switching.  Unless you restore the correct mode before uninstalling, you could hose the game. 

The Menu Overhaul Uninstall option works fine.  It's all the other mods that are installed after Menu Overhaul that can cause confusion.

If you don't use Mode Switching, Aeris Revival and the Hardcore Mod then uninstall should work without any snags.

Bootleg has no uninstall function and doesn't make any backups.  Create an FF7 image and use that to install Bootleg.  It speeds up the process and makes it easy to do multiple installs.

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2011-11-27 03:51:03 »
I can probably put up with it before the next bootleg which'll need a fresh install anyhow.

Another glitch, similar to the text boxes I mentioned on the world map, the count down timer for Cid's cutscene just before the failed rocket take-off was missing. Sierra's hair is also messed up, but that's been present since Remix 2.5.1, so I'm sure y'all know about that

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2011-11-28 04:10:17 »
If anyone wants to tinker with the models, I'll happily include any adjustments in the next Bootleg.
Certain details still need corrected like Sierra's hair, the balls at Costa Del Sol, the 3 flippered dolphin and a few others.
Any custom fixes you might have lying around your hard drive are very welcome!
Bootleg is a community project and I encourage everyone to contribute.

I'm currently investigating alternate materia options.  There are quite a few materia styles floating around.
Romeo14 made some beautiful materia textures.
Is everyone happy with the current materia options?  It would take some effort to make the new textures work with mods like Menu Overhaul.
Is adding a few more materia texture options a worthwhile endeavor?  Or is it just overkill . . .

I have a day of testing planned for 0037.  I hope a release is soon to follow.  I'm actually enjoying how easy changing options is with Bootloader.  I hope a few people start using it so I can get some input on how to make it more useful.  I know it's not difficult to load the .cfg and alter the settings in notepad.  But it's so much easier to use Bootloader to just click and change all the settings including registry entries and kernel mods.

Also, what Barrett model do you want me to add?  Is it just the original Barrett battle model that you want?  Is the Timu Sumisu Barrett model not close enough to the classic style?

I want to hear y'alls  thoughts on the materia textures, Barrett battle model and chibi field models!
Thanks to all the Final Fantasy VII fans!

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2011-11-28 07:45:39 »
Timu's Barret compliments the Apz Cloud pretty well, the HQ Aerith/Vincent models decidedly less so. Having the classic models is always a nice touch, though. I'm not even sure what Materia textures Romeo14's materia textures do

I wish I had the free time to learn much about modelling XD

Sephitome

« Reply #480 on: 2011-11-28 22:16:59 »
Just about to install. Looks great. Big thanks to everyone who put the work in. Any common mistakes or problems I should watch out for during installation?

Sephitome

« Reply #481 on: 2011-11-28 22:47:15 »
Sorry for the double post, but alot of the links seem to be dead, such as the avalanche GUI and hardcore mods. Any suggestions?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2011-11-29 00:10:03 »
There is no need to double-post. Use the edit function.

Use the Big List of Mods for FF7 instead. The other links are outdated.

Tapatos

• Woot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2011-11-30 23:48:59 »
would it be possible to add an option to change certain mods out on the fly with bootleg. like say you dont really like the model you chose and want a different one without having to reinstall everything. or you want to change the soundtrack to a different remixed one just click a button and wait a few minutes to change it out. that would probly be the best feature

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2011-11-30 23:51:42 »
PitBrat and I will think about it before giving a definite answer.

Tapatos

• Woot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2011-11-30 23:53:00 »
awesome thanks

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2011-12-01 06:59:57 »
Couple of bugs:

When Cloud is sitting in the Gondola, his albow seems to be attached mid arm, and this happens a few times.

Sephiroth's model seem's unusually tall during CS at the Temple of the Ancients and at points in the Northern Crater.

When you reach the point in the Northern Crater, there is little or no difference in the "wind" effect in order to help guage when to try and run though. I got through basically by just running at it repeatedly and hoping for the best.

The large font makes it difficult to navigate the menu options after Cid joins the party before going off into space.

There's a bit of a typo when Cid is talking about Sephiroth on the Highwind after the return from space "fEsting inside like a sickness"

There's a couple of odd bits which have been present since Remix 2.5.1, such as Cloud holding his head with the back of his wrists, and Cid sratching thin air instead of the back of his head, I think these issues may be unavoidable though with model skeletons and such.

Possibly some other bits and pieces, however I've been without the 'net a few days and didn't think to write them down XD

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2011-12-01 14:04:40 »
The font issues on the world map and typos are fixed in the next version of Menu Overhaul. 

Some of the field models are a bit creaky and have popping joint.  There is an alternate version of the Cloud field model in the next release of Bootleg-- Rebuilded Cloud.  The detail is lower but it may animate more smoothly.  Sephiroth has quite a few problems during the Temple of the Ancients sequence.  At one point you can see his hair through his head.  If anyone has the skills and time to fix the models, I'd be very grateful.  I attempted to fix the problem with Cloud's arm in the gondola and just introduced glitches during his other movements.  Controlling the finer animations in Kimera is tedious.  These new models have many more polygons than the old ones and sometimes they don't line up with the skeletons.  I've added an option to the next Bootleg for a full install of the Rebuilded models.  As with the Cloud model, they lack some of the PRP models' detail, but they may animate better.

Hopefully APZ releases his new canon Cloud soon.  I trust that his model will work flawlessly.

The issue in the Northern Crater is due to the FacePalmer field textures.  Using the Removed Glitched field textures option will correct the issue by reverting to the original textures.  Alternately, choose an field textures option that does not include FacePalmer.

Thanks.  I wish I could say the animations will be fixed.  Alas, the glitches are often compromises.

Broseph621

« Reply #488 on: 2011-12-02 22:02:46 »
Hey Pit and Vgr,

Thanks so much for all of your work on Bootleg. FFVII has been my favorite game since I first played it and it means a lot that someone has taken the time to improve on it. Currently I am working on downloading the required mods and I am getting hung up on a couple of things. Pardon my lack of knowledge, I hope that you can help me out.

First of all, when I try to download the "magochocobo_ff7pack3.part1.rar" file I get the following message:

At first, I thought that the download site was being blocked because I am in Ecuador, but then "magochocobo_ff7pack3.part2.rar" downloaded just fine. Has anyone else had an issue with downloading this file?

I have also been having an issue with the "Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe" file cutting off halfway through the installation. I thought that it may be my internet connection (once again, Ecuador), but it is happening every time I try and I am downloading torrents all the time with no problems. Anyone else have this problem?

In addition, I am having problems with the files that are on MegaUpload. I downloaded a few of the required mod files from them a couple weeks ago, but since then I have been getting a "Download Limit Exceeded" message followed by a page that tells me that I am currently downloading a 100431872 byte RAR file, which I am not.

These may be a total n00b questions, but if you have any thoughts they would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks again for your work guys.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2011-12-02 23:45:22 »
Broseph621,
I just tested the Magochocobo files and the download links work from my location in the US.
Did you try the one file version?  Either version works with Bootleg:

magochocobo_ff7pack3.rar                        Magochocobo     Battle art enhancement as PNG Pack 3    Qhimm FILE

magochocobo_ff7pack3.part1.rar & part2.rar      Magochocobo     Bite Sized Battle art as PNG Pack 3     Qhimm PART1 PART2 Alternate for magochocobo_ff7pack3.rar

Try using the
There are some mirrors in that list that aren't in the Bootleg mod list.

The Remix is hosted in other places.  You might find a working link with Google.
What download site is the most reliable for you?
I'll see about mirroring the downloads on a site that I know will work for more people.
You aren't the only person outside of the US to have these download issues.

I'm including more files inside the Bootleg archive with every new version.
Unfortunately files like the Magochocobo mods and The Remix are much to large too combine into one download.

Broseph621

« Reply #490 on: 2011-12-04 23:49:14 »
Awesome.. I have magochocobo_ff7pack3.rar downloading now.

So, to be clear, if I have the one file version but not the two-parter, Bootleg will run without crashing?

The site that I have found to be the easiest and most user friendly is MediaFire. MegaUpload has a 45 second waiting period as well as a download cap, whereas MediaFire has neither from what I have seen so far.

I found a torrent of Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe here: http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/223351353/?tab=summary

Thanks man.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2011-12-04 23:51:49 »
Yes, it will run without crashing.

Yes, it'd MediaFire indeed. I am considering getting a premium account there for huge files.

There is no need for a torrent of the Remix. Once APZ releases his new Cloud, the Remix will be totally removed from Bootleg, the Qhimm forums and any mirrors as long as possible.

ChaosEngine

« Reply #492 on: 2011-12-05 23:39:27 »
Wow.

This is quite possibly the most amazing thing I've come across in recent years for my gaming (At least since I ran across the Quake HD mods).

I used to play FF7 when it first came out and I was way younger, and this is such an amazing improvement. You guys should be proud of yourselves, beyond belief.

I just finished Cosmo Canyon, and thus far, any minor glitches that I've run across have been so minor they're not worth mentioning. All the models look great (And I get a chuckle occasionally in fort condor where some of the NPCs are still blocky standing next to the improved Cloud model).

I don't really have any reports to add, bar one; I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but when you go for the chocobo race in corel prison, no music plays. Definitely not game breaking, just something to add to a list.

Keep up the amazing work! It's great to have such an improved version of one of my fav games ever!

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2011-12-06 03:44:22 »
There are nearly 50 new field models from 2 artists already in Bootleg0037.

Squallff8's final Rebuilded models replace the Fort Condor field models!
Check out the boys of Fort Condor, now they really show their polygons.

The list of additions is still too small for a release.
I'm waiting for something big!

IHIavok96

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2011-12-06 19:16:09 »
When it comes to battle models (like Barrett, Tifa or Vincent.) Would it be too much to ask if there was an option to keep them normal?   If it's not too much coding to do.

I always like having the option to keep em' the same if you don't like the replacement model.  ;)

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2011-12-06 22:12:37 »
Sure, that's easy.

Also, for 0037 both TA installers and FF7Music installer will run silently. In other words you won't have to do anything. And before you ask, DLPB's installers can NOT be run silently.

So now there are three less installers to run!

We are always working to improve Bootleg!

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2011-12-06 22:34:18 »
Sure, that's easy.

Also, for 0037 both TA installers and FF7Music installer will run silently. In other words you won't have to do anything. And before you ask, DLPB's installers can NOT be run silently.

So now there are three less installers to run!

We are always working to improve Bootleg!

Well actually DLPB's and my installer can be run silently using the /verysilent command (the /silent command works but still shows file copying) although it does still show his seph animation and play that bit of music and TS still shows its CMD window, but it doesn't require any user input.
« Last Edit: 2011-12-06 22:36:04 by kranmer »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2011-12-06 23:24:31 »
Kranmer, I love you...

Now the FMV restoration will be run silently.

Thanks to Kranmer, Bootleg will need next to no user input!

Demontom

« Reply #498 on: 2011-12-07 03:30:31 »
I just started using mods with FFVII, and I had Remix working perfectly.  Now I've installed Bootleg and I get lag literally right from the start, ie: the Eidos logo.  I have no idea what I did wrong.  I've tried bumping down the resolution to 800:600 but that didn't help.  I really don't think it's the specs of my comp, has anyone experienced this before?

Here's the basic specs of my laptop.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T6400  @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Display Memory: 1325 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1261 MB

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2011-12-07 11:27:40 »
Uninstall everything before installing Bootleg.