Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850511 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1075 on: 2012-05-07 12:40:15 »
You'll be able to place models in a custom folder and Bootleg will install them.

Great option PitBrat! Thank you!!! :)

bladearrowney

« Reply #1076 on: 2012-05-08 01:04:29 »
Hello,

Been watching the FF7 modding for a long time, finally have everything (PC game!) to make it happen.

Did a clean install, running into an issue with bootleg that I can't seem to sort out. It gets all the way to Updating Remix files, then Repairing damaged battle models, says it copied some files, then appears to halt.

Repairing Damaged Battle Models...
8 File(s) copied
14 File(s) copied
1 File(s) copied
3 File(s) copied

It's possible I did something wrong, but unsure. Did a clean max installation. Did not install to a non-system folder, trying that next.

Brat Code: 01100601020011100011201100111

Any assistance would be appreciated. If it's just a really LOOOOOONNNG step, that would help to know as well, since I get impatient with it after about 20 minutes and try again :(

EDIT: Non-system folder made no difference. Also forgot to note: Win7 x64
« Last Edit: 2012-05-08 01:34:58 by bladearrowney »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 2012-05-08 02:51:15 »
Bladearrowney,
That's right where a FOR loops starts.  I'm not sure why it would freeze.  What version of win7 x64 are you using?  Home? Ultimate?

bladearrowney

« Reply #1078 on: 2012-05-08 03:03:10 »
@PitBrat

Win7 x64 Professional. If it's where a loop starts, what is it looping through? I would imagine it's entirely possible I'm missing something that isn't listed as required...

EDIT: This time around, I'm going to be 100% sure that anything that could interfere have been disabled and that all RED/supported mods are in the download folder. Will try as soon as the 1280 vids finish coming down and report back...

EDIT2: Still no dice. I'll play around with it some more and see if I can't get it to work. Looking forward to next release
« Last Edit: 2012-05-08 04:25:01 by bladearrowney »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 2012-05-09 05:49:28 »
is that you clydearrowny?

Shivvi

« Reply #1080 on: 2012-05-09 13:06:17 »
Hi. I've downloaded Bootleg and encountered a problem. Whenever I try to run BFE.exe nothing but a little window saying "Bootleg The Final Fantasy VII Mods Configurator by PitBrat" comes up (The actual program doesn't open).

What could be the reason to it? Please help.

I'm using Windows XP 32bit and I have SP3 installed.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-09 15:31:45 by Shivvi »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: 2012-05-09 21:29:14 »
You need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 from: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19

That's the most likely problem.

bladearrowney

« Reply #1082 on: 2012-05-09 22:38:43 »
is that you clydearrowny?

negative, not a name I've ever gone by. Been using BladeArrowney or FyreArrowney (or some variant of) around the web since pre 2000.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: 2012-05-09 23:22:18 »
bladearrowney,
I looked into the problem some more.
Bootleg is freezing when it attempts to execute ulgp.exe in a command shell.
Most versions of Win7 support command shell.  Are you using Win7 Ultimate?
I've not recreated the error.

There is a new version of ulgp.exe
This is the version included with Bootleg:

ulgp_v0.4.3_aio.7z                              Luksy           Aali's LGP Tool with Repacking Support  Qhimm FILE SOURCE

Even though the necessary libraries are included in that version, you may need to manually install them.

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 2012-05-10 02:26:22 »
I have a problem. I just tried to install the newer mods with Bootleg, but when I enable the Millenia+Mike weapons, only the Millenia weapons show up. I also set the menu portraits to the Anniversary version, but only the regular portraits with the faded edges show up. At first I thought the Aeris Revival mod was interfering with stuff, but when I only enabled the Remastered and New Spell mods, the problem remained. Does anyone know what's going on? The mod list in Bootleg marked all my files as green and yellow, and TestFiles.exe lists everything as fine so I don't think my files are messed up.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: 2012-05-10 03:14:27 »
Those are two known errors.
The missing weapons are due to a filename error:
Change the filename of the mod to: Trish(aka Mike)_s custom model pack.7z
You have to add the _.

The avatar presets are broken in 0038.
To install the correct avatars, set AVATAR PRESET to CUSTOM before running bootleg.

If you are missing music after Bootleg:
Extract OSTRe.7z to .\FF7Music\OSTRe\

I've fixed a lot of errors.

Thank you for your support.  You're helping make Bootleg better.

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: 2012-05-10 04:41:07 »
Ah, thanks for that. I'll follow your directions.

One last thing though that I didn't mention...for some reason, the fast checksums in TestFiles marks the enhanced movie files (ff7_enhanced_movies_1.part1.rar to ff7_enhanced_movies_2.part4.rar) as corrupted, even after I redownloaded them from Mediafire and ran TestFiles again. I haven't been able to try it with the slow checksums though since Mediafire won't let me download it. Is this happening for you or anyone else here? I'm downloading the bigger zip files now to use instead of the rar files, but Rapidshare's download speeds are HORRIBLE.

bladearrowney

« Reply #1087 on: 2012-05-10 05:00:55 »
bladearrowney,
I looked into the problem some more.
Bootleg is freezing when it attempts to execute ulgp.exe in a command shell.
Most versions of Win7 support command shell.  Are you using Win7 Ultimate?
I've not recreated the error.

There is a new version of ulgp.exe
This is the version included with Bootleg:

ulgp_v0.4.3_aio.7z                              Luksy           Aali's LGP Tool with Repacking Support  Qhimm FILE SOURCE

Even though the necessary libraries are included in that version, you may need to manually install them.

Thanks for the update, I'll take a shot at installing the libraries and see if it makes a difference. Out of curiosity, does the Unified Mod installer also use ulgp? I got that to do an "install all" without failing, although game behavior and models were...interesting. Running ulgp from the command prompt seems to work,

Also, to your windows question, it's Windows 7 Professional x64, version that falls between home premium and ultimate.

I'll continue to play around with it and report back

bladearrowney

« Reply #1088 on: 2012-05-10 05:23:13 »
Hokay, so here's what I've found

I have a feeling that the issue is related to my choice of storage location for the bootleg setup files. I've been playing around with ulgp.exe to see if I could get it to run, and so far no luck (at least not as intended).

This is with an adminitrative shell (cmd run as admin)

Here's some examples

ulgp.exe d W:\field\ char.lgp
ulgp.exe v0.4.3
Dumping W:\field\
The system cannot find the path specified.

ulgp.exe d "W:\field\" char.lgp
ulgp.exe v0.4.3
Usage: ulgp.exe d|e|r lgp folder [files...]

It gets more interesting

ulgp.exe d C:\temp\field char.lgp
ulgp.exe v0.4.3
Dumping C:\temp\field...
Access is denied.

in fact, just about any other location where I try to run it from tells me access denied, which is interesting. Even when forcibly running it as admin and setting the location of the file to have security for "everyone" with full permissions, it still tells me access denied.

It also hates my drive that has drive letter W, refuses to find files on it.

Actually, now that I've relaunched the command prompt, it doesn't want to find any files, anywhere. Seems if I launch command prompt using right click + run as admin, it won't find any of the file locations. If I just run command prompt normally, I get access denied errors most of the time, with the occasional failure to find location

thoughts? I'm stumped. libs were manually installed to system32, and also placed in the same directory to no avail.

EDIT: I left a post on the thread for ulgp as well...
« Last Edit: 2012-05-10 05:33:16 by bladearrowney »

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: 2012-05-10 08:47:50 »
@Klaw117: Error found and corrected.
                   Please test your files again.

Shivvi

« Reply #1090 on: 2012-05-10 11:03:18 »
You need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 from: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19

That's the most likely problem.

I did as you said, but the problem is still there. Nothing, but a little window with the program's name pops up. Any other ideas?

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 2012-05-11 00:37:44 »
@Klaw117: Error found and corrected.
                   Please test your files again.
Thanks for looking into it, but the checksum errors still show up. Are the links to the re-uploaded files the same as the ones in the Big List of Mods or do I have to look elsewhere for the correct links? I managed to get the .zip files from Rapidshare though, so I can use those for the time being. On that note, thanks for the info on Mediafire and Rapidshare in your PM. I knew Rapidshare decreased download speeds for free users, but I didn't think it was that severe.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: 2012-05-11 01:06:35 »
@Klaw117: Sorry, the error was in the checksum files and not in the Big List of Mods.
                   You must look here :  http://www.mediafire.com/?c4tqq61i1xrv1

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: 2012-05-11 02:02:43 »
@Klaw117: Sorry, the error was in the checksum files and not in the Big List of Mods.
                   You must look here :  http://www.mediafire.com/?c4tqq61i1xrv1
Thanks for the clarification. The files no longer appear corrupt.

EDIT: I'm still getting two problems, although they're minor.
Those are two known errors.
The missing weapons are due to a filename error:
Change the filename of the mod to: Trish(aka Mike)_s custom model pack.7z
You have to add the _.

The avatar presets are broken in 0038.
To install the correct avatars, set AVATAR PRESET to CUSTOM before running bootleg.

If you are missing music after Bootleg:
Extract OSTRe.7z to .\FF7Music\OSTRe\

I've fixed a lot of errors.

Thank you for your support.  You're helping make Bootleg better.
I added the underscore, but that didn't fix anything. For good measure, I even downloaded both versions of the weapons pack (one with the 's and the _s) and re-installed FF7 and re-applied the mods, but the weapons are still missing and only the Millenia weapons show up. The second issue is that during the intro movie, the music backtracks slightly right after the Final Fantasy VII title shows up. Basically, as the camera zooms out from Aeris and Midgar, everything is fine and then when the Final Fantasy VII title shows up, the music goes back a few seconds, so the rest of the movie is a few seconds ahead of the music. Is this also a known issue?
« Last Edit: 2012-05-11 03:28:59 by Klaw117 »

nickblames

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: 2012-05-11 04:34:35 »
I think it's adding an apostrophe that works, at least that's how it was for me.

Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z

Spelled exactly like that it loaded just fine.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1095 on: 2012-05-11 04:41:18 »
Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z

That is the spelling that works for me.

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 2012-05-11 05:01:10 »
The first one I had was with the apostrophe and that didn't work, so I changed it to the underscore and when that didn't work, I decided to keep both in my mod folder and it didn't work. I suppose I could always just try again later.

EDIT: Just tried it again and it didn't work, but I know for sure that Millenia+Mike is selected, unless there's something going on where Bootleg shows it as selected when it really isn't. I also noticed this error, but I'm unsure if it's related to this issue:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6600/bootlegerror.png
« Last Edit: 2012-05-11 06:45:20 by Klaw117 »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 2012-05-11 14:20:43 »
That LOG.TXT error report is a known issue with Menu Overhaul.
It's the result of changes made to Touphscript.
Just ignore that error.
The next version of Bootleg fixes the problem with Mike's weapons and Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z.
Cloud's weapons will now be integrated in the Bootleg installer.
Though you'll still need Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z for other reasons.

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 2012-05-11 17:26:13 »
I'll play with what I have now then. Thanks for looking into it.

bladearrowney

« Reply #1099 on: 2012-05-11 22:42:41 »
Figured I'd update on my issue

The problem turned out to be in ulgp.exe. I had my set up files going to a directory location with spaces in the same, and ulgp did not handle that correctly. Posted on the page for that tool, and it's apparently going to be updated to fix directory resolving. Moving my set up directory to something smple (like w:\temp\) has resolved the issue and bootleg now fully installs.

Thanks for the help