Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850404 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1725 on: 2012-08-24 19:19:24 »
I remember at one time there was talk of getting bootleg to work without having remix at all. That's why I had asked about the mods. Plus I kind of forgot about the BFE helping you see which mods were needed. 

Installed the game, bootleg worked fine. Enjoying a modded FF7 now.  Plus I enjoy the new ff7 Bootloader.  That thing is awesome!!  Now I'm going to go back and catch up on some reading and see what bugs are in bootleg 39 and what 40 is adding, cause so far, my ff7 is running like a charm and I have the mods I wanted.

Go here and scroll to the bottom of the first post: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0

Everything PitBrat plans to fix/add for 0040 is quoted.

bardockssj123

« Reply #1726 on: 2012-08-24 21:01:46 »
Also i tried this bootleg was downloading all red files etc (used torrent one cuz links was down mostly)

but when i choose the stuff i like like shirtless sephiroth or blue limit break color and then when i click Run Bootleg

its patching to game but.... somehow, something changed ?

can someone explain why is my FF7 not changed since i choosed made mod source where my mods are and run but nothing hapopoen in game?

ic6n

« Reply #1727 on: 2012-08-24 23:33:02 »
Have just attempted to use the 2012 ff7 for bootleg. still getting an access denied error. pls help!!

Also have installed it to a seperate drive, no change :(
« Last Edit: 2012-08-24 23:45:05 by ic6n »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: 2012-08-24 23:37:29 »
Have just attempted to use the 2012 ff7 for bootleg. still getting an access denied error. pls help!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA

ic6n

« Reply #1729 on: 2012-08-24 23:46:28 »
Ive followed your video and the tifa bootleg tute here but to no avail so far :(

i was worried this would be the cause, i had to full blown enable uac again, had forgotten even how... thankyou everyone!!
« Last Edit: 2012-08-24 23:54:35 by ic6n »

phoenix26

• View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 2012-08-25 08:33:29 »
hello FF7 mod world...im really new at this whole mod thing and i have just one problem i hope someone can help me with. I was able to install bootleg perfect with no problems. the game runs smoothly but after playing for lets say 30 mins my ff7 exe stops responding. looking at my app.log ive notice an error: gl out of memory. I also notice that ff7.exe processes alot of memory.
now doing research on my graphics card i know that its not meant for really powerful games but so far i havent had any issues with ff7.. my only issue is this one. I never had this issue when i installed the remix a few weeks ago. this started to happen only after i decided to upgrade and try bootleg. thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to help me.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: 2012-08-25 10:56:26 »
Hello everybody.
I'm asking a little question, watching the 2012 converter mod video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA

The part 9 of the info video, at 6.21, it's said : Extract the fixes to the FacePalmer field textures.

- FixedLightingTextures PART1
- FixedLightingTextures PART2
- FixedMissing Files
- FixedSpecialCases

Why must we do that ? The bootloder doesn't install FacePalmer textures ?
Are FacePalmer and FixedLightingTextures different ?

Thanks by advance

chippapotamus

« Reply #1732 on: 2012-08-25 13:38:25 »
Hello. I finished the converter video and tried to open up my game but all it does is open up the game window and turn black for a split second before it closes the window. No images come up at all first. Here's a copy of my APP.txt if it'll help with this problem at all. Looking through my files, the three folders with the error messages at the bottom are actually absent entirely, which is a good reason it won't work i guess heh. I have no clue what to do about it though.

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 4200  3.3.9836 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 64, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
INFO: main program link log:
Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked.

INFO: postprocessing program link log:
Fragment shader(s) linked, no vertex shader(s) defined.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\Data\music\music.idx
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\Data\sound\audio.fmt
« Last Edit: 2012-08-25 13:45:33 by chippapotamus »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: 2012-08-25 14:08:30 »
hello FF7 mod world...im really new at this whole mod thing and i have just one problem i hope someone can help me with. I was able to install bootleg perfect with no problems. the game runs smoothly but after playing for lets say 30 mins my ff7 exe stops responding. looking at my app.log ive notice an error: gl out of memory. I also notice that ff7.exe processes alot of memory.
now doing research on my graphics card i know that its not meant for really powerful games but so far i havent had any issues with ff7.. my only issue is this one. I never had this issue when i installed the remix a few weeks ago. this started to happen only after i decided to upgrade and try bootleg. thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to help me.

I have the same problem, and from what I was told they are aware that there is a memory leak somewhere. It's annoying, but what I do is play in windowed mode and have task manager up with the processes tab selected. Before it gets to the point that it usually freezes I close out and start it back up. Mine usually freezes at around 1.5 mill. K.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 2012-08-25 15:26:57 »
Hello everybody.
I'm asking a little question, watching the 2012 converter mod video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA

The part 9 of the info video, at 6.21, it's said : Extract the fixes to the FacePalmer field textures.

- FixedLightingTextures PART1
- FixedLightingTextures PART2
- FixedMissing Files
- FixedSpecialCases

Why must we do that ? The bootloder doesn't install FacePalmer textures ?
Are FacePalmer and FixedLightingTextures different ?

Thanks by advance

They are fixes to the FacePalmer textures that were released AFTER the current Bootleg 0039, so you won't get them installed automatically. It will do that in Bootleg 0040.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 2012-08-25 15:37:09 »
Hello. I finished the converter video and tried to open up my game but all it does is open up the game window and turn black for a split second before it closes the window. No images come up at all first. Here's a copy of my APP.txt if it'll help with this problem at all. Looking through my files, the three folders with the error messages at the bottom are actually absent entirely, which is a good reason it won't work i guess heh. I have no clue what to do about it though.

Code: [Select]
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 4200  3.3.9836 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path

INFO: postprocessing program link log:
Fragment shader(s) linked, no vertex shader(s) defined.

INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\Data\music\music.idx
reading audio file
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\Data\sound\audio.fmt

Open up FF7Config.

Click the Graphics tab. You should see a message about a "Self test passed!..." Click OK. Is your Renderer set to "Custom Driver" now? If so, you're good.

Click on the Sound tab. Is your Sound Driver set properly? When mine is left blank, it causes issues loading the game.

chippapotamus

« Reply #1736 on: 2012-08-25 17:28:29 »
Yup I've got the sound driver on headphones and the graphics renderer is set to custom driver. I've tried switchin my sound driver to speakers to and that didn't work. I've also tried all the solutions in the 'BUG_REPORT' file about the game crashing upon startup but those havn't fixed the problem either.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-25 18:40:08 by chippapotamus »

SMedd

« Reply #1737 on: 2012-08-25 17:32:15 »
               Hi guys. I just created an account to thank you for all the hard work you have done regarding the mods of FF 7. I was new to the world of modding and I learned quite a bit while getting this all set up. I purchased the new PC release last week, and after 5 days I finally have it up and running with all the mods installed correctly.

The first two days I couldn't even get the game to run without crashing. After about 15 clean installs of the game it is running perfectly and it looks great. Just learning how to run Bootleg was fun, and it should help me out in the future. I am a pretty stubborn guy, I don't like asking for help if possible, and your guides answered nearly all of my questions. Setting up a USB to read as FF7DISC 1, Clouds sword missing during battles, the sound buffer issue, all easily fixed.

I do have one question. I have looked through all the FAQ'S and searched Google, and unless I missed something I cannot find the answer. Aeris/Aerith becomes a swarm of pink pixels when we enter battle mode. She isn't just white, I saw that a few members had mentioned that. She functions correctly so I assume it is something related to the HQ Aerith mod or a line of code somewhere.

I have not tried a clean install of the game without HQ Aerith, I am at work and I will try that when I get home. If you have any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for your time and your work.

phoenix26

• View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: 2012-08-25 21:42:20 »
I have the same problem, and from what I was told they are aware that there is a memory leak somewhere. It's annoying, but what I do is play in windowed mode and have task manager up with the processes tab selected. Before it gets to the point that it usually freezes I close out and start it back up. Mine usually freezes at around 1.5 mill. K.

I saw in a topic you posted about it but i didnt know the outcome of the problem or if you where still having it.. but i didnt experience this problem with the remix... im going to mess with the configs maybe my graphic card cant handle all the textures or something. ill use the simple mod under the presets option in bootleg and see if it helps. it just sucks that i have this one annoyance.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: 2012-08-25 21:47:14 »
SMedd,
There is a bug with one of the tools that results in the battle.lgp archive not updating correctly on some systems.
A new tool is on the way.
The only way to fix this is by manually installing the HQ Aeris battle model.  This requires a bit of knowledge about how the modding tools work.  I've described the process in the guide at the beginning of this thread.

chippapotamus,
Something is blocking Bootleg from installing completely.  Before running Bootleg, disable any anti virus software.

N3r3o

« Reply #1740 on: 2012-08-25 22:43:39 »
Hi everyone, i have been trying to mod FF7 recently. No success so far T_T. My question is, would i be able to mod the Final Fantasy VII version that you download from Square Enix website? or do i need to get a version with a Disc to play?

SMedd

« Reply #1741 on: 2012-08-25 23:02:43 »
Thank you for your response PitBrat.  I am looking it up now.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: 2012-08-26 00:41:26 »
N3r3o,
Only a few mods work natively with the download version of FF7.
To use all mods, you must first convert the new version to the old version.
Use this tool:

FF7 PC New to Old Converter By Kranmer V0.2.zip Kranmer         Convert Re-Release to Mod Compatible Version  Qhimm FILE

Be warned that converting to the old version will disable new features such as achievements, cloud saves and cheats.

N3r3o

« Reply #1743 on: 2012-08-26 04:35:50 »
Thanks PitBrat, i'll try the converter.

JowHoof

• View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: 2012-08-26 11:08:14 »
I'm having troubles too, I followed EQ2Alyza's tutorial but every time I load up the game I get a blank screen for 30-60 seconds and then the app stops responding, here's the log text:

INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870  3.1.9210
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480

LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file E:\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: E:\Final Fantasy VII\data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
ERROR: could not open file E:\Final Fantasy VII\data\kernel/window.bin
ERROR: could not open file E:\Final Fantasy VII\data\kernel/kernel.bin
ERROR: could not open file E:\Final Fantasy VII\data\kernel/kernel2.bin

The Config passes it's self test but not really sure what to do now, thanks for any help you can give me.

leostrife

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: 2012-08-26 14:09:47 »
The converter is working fine, and tested here is very good, but installing FF7 2012 is practically all discarded, could at least remove the hassle of having to load the CD, for those who are converting the digital version of the game. Another thing is that the CGS of the "new" version, are of a quality far superior to that of the CGS MODs, and ought to include an option the mater in the new CGS original Bootleg 0040, even though it is easier to do this after installation, but help users more laity. And also could keep the audio that now comes in OGG.

Another interesting thing is that the shaders that did not work here, now work perfectly after installing Nvidia WHQL Driver modified 305.68.

I sorry for my poor english

Here is a gameplay with some custom CGS for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ERmtRGDezY&feature=plcp

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: 2012-08-26 17:14:56 »
leostrife,
The upcoming of Bootleg 040 does have an option to retain the new FMV's.  The new to old conversion is also included.
Removing the CD check altogether is against Qhimm policy.  However, there is a workaround.
Name a harddrive or usb drive FF7DISC1 and change the registry to point to that drive.

JowHoof,
The OpenGL driver isn't correctly installed.  Make sure all antivirus software is disabled before running Bootleg.
I'm not certain if it's just a coincidence, but many people with Radeon 4XXX cards are experiencing problems.

Is anyone with a Radeon 4XXX card able to run the game without a problem?

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: 2012-08-26 21:46:47 »
Thanks for your answer Eq2Aliza ! :)

A last thing :  in this video, again : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA

It's said : 10. - 7:28 - Download Anxious Heart:
Since there is in Bootleg remasterized OST, is it indispensable installing Anxious Heart ?

Thanks a lot

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: 2012-08-26 22:04:23 »
Thanks for your answer Eq2Aliza ! :)

A last thing :  in this video, again : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA

It's said : 10. - 7:28 - Download Anxious Heart:
Since there is in Bootleg remasterized OST, is it indispensable installing Anxious Heart ?

Thanks a lot

If you are going to use OSTRemastered, then you do not have to install Anxious Heart.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: 2012-08-26 22:07:14 »
Anxious Heart allows for more granular control over the soundtrack.
You can customize each track from a wider selection of songs.

AH.exe                                           DLPB            Anxious Heart Remastered and Looped PSF Qhimm FILE