Author Topic: Drawing eyes?  (Read 4225 times)

Tyr

• "To be forgotten is worse than death"
    • View Profile
Drawing eyes?
« on: 2010-07-17 11:55:20 »
Hi anyone who got some tips on how to draw realistic eyes. Not manga eyes, I find it very hard. Almost harder to draw the eyes than to draw the entire body of a human.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Re: Drawing eyes?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-17 17:49:51 »
http://edana.deviantart.com/art/Drawing-a-realistic-eye-81353827?q=boost%3Apopular+realistic+eyes+tutorial&qo=6
type in "realistic eye tutorial" into deviantart. Deviantart has all your art tutorial needs. All praise deviant art!

Tyr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-17 18:31:25 »
Thanks, but there are so many different types of eyes :facepalm:

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-17 18:58:10 »
Thanks, but there are so many different types of eyes :facepalm:

That's when you use your imagination. You should practice drawing still life if yer going for something more realistic. Draw other peoples faces/eyes and practice lots until you get the hang of it. The more practice you get the more you can use your imagination and draw things without looking at something.

Tyr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-17 19:11:57 »
Oh yes, but it's very hard to draw realistic eyes. Especially just from imagination. I guess I have to look at photos and try to replicate it from different angles. Nothing you can get free in this world :(

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-17 19:40:58 »
Oh yes, but it's very hard to draw realistic eyes. Especially just from imagination. I guess I have to look at photos and try to replicate it from different angles. Nothing you can get free in this world :(
most photo realistic artists do use sources/models. My mom does mermaid portraits
Or other
she always has some form of picture she finds on google images printed out to use as a model.

Tyr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-17 21:35:12 »
The bottom one is really nice. Say hi to your mom from me ^^