Author Topic: Help :( Getting a bad crash at Rapps fight in Wutai.  (Read 5533 times)

Kylos

• View Profile
Hey there, im currently on a game on FF7 PC, and every time i try to fight Rapps in Wutai, it crashes at the start of the fight.

I am really not sure why this is happening, and i looked all over for an answer, but i cant find it :(

Any help would be appreciated lots, im not exactly sure what information i should put here, so please let me know :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Help :( Getting a bad crash at Rapps fight in Wutai.
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-08 21:44:29 »
are you playing the remix patch? and the hardcore version?
Because for some reason, the rapps enemy was deleted from the h_scene.bin ( and its a huge pain to copy his stats, adjust them and etc. create the whole tab in scene.bin )
Dunno what went wrong there.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-08 21:48:10 »
Yes i am actually, had so much fun on it so far, and was looking to finish this so i can do Yuffies solo battles.

Any solution to this? :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-08 21:57:09 »
Well, I fixed it on my own
This is what I did.
Open your normal scene.bin in Hojo
Open h_scene.bin in Hojo
Go to tab 154 ( or 155 I think the rapps fight in scene.bin was somewhere like that )
Then start copying the rapps data from scene.bin to h_scene.bin
once you are done, save, update the kernel.bin lookup ( with Hojo )
Then open both files in ProudClod and copy the AI ( I think you could ctrl+a and copy ) from scene.bin to h_scene.bin

Alternatively, you can go to MakouReactor, open the field file ( I have no idea which one that is ) and search for the entry that starts a fight in the field where you usually meet raps. Then change that to something else. You can just set it to some other boss encounter like the guard scorpion, so you will fight that instead. thats quicker and easier to do.

Personally, It took me about an hour or so to fix the rapps thing. And that after I figured out how to do it.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-08 22:00:30 »
Could i not play my save on the normal version? Then after that fight (if it works) ill save and then reopen it on hardcore.

Ill see if that works now.. and if not i guess i need to do some work :P thanks

Edit: It worked! I played my save on the normal version, and it loaded the fight straight away, now ill just save it, quit and reopen in hardcore version, disappointed i was not able to play a harder version of this boss.

Thanks for the help :)
« Last Edit: 2010-11-08 22:06:13 by Kylos »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-08 22:02:03 »
I assumed you wanted to fix the broken file and not just circumvent it, but yeah, to just get past that, you can switch versions.
I still got no idea WHY the rapps fight is completely missing from the h_scene.bin

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-11-08 22:07:27 »
Yes it was the main reason why i aint played for a while, thought it was something wrong with the game, but couldnt figure out what, now i can carry on :D

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-11-09 04:28:39 »
This was a bug in the hardcore mod, but I thought it was fixed in the latest version.
The same version had a crash on the last screen of the Ancient Forrest, so be warned lol, you should update.
Since there is no save point in the forrest, and there is a boss battle now, its quite inconvenient.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-09 04:31:54 by Timber »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 2010-11-09 04:59:39 »
What causes the AF crash? I made too many changes to my scene.bin and stuff to just update

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #9 on: 2010-11-09 12:04:56 »
... ( and its a huge pain to copy his stats, adjust them and etc. create the whole tab in scene.bin ) ...

Armorvil convinced me to make the new PrC do this automatically. It'll copy everything about an enemy and allow you to paste it into scenes as you please. It will also edit enemy stats so no more switching back and forth between hojo. I'm still not completely satisfied with it so it'll probably still be a while before it's released (I'm have less and less time to work on it probably until Christmas).