Author Topic: A couple custom FF wallpapers  (Read 4131 times)

LevelOne

• I feel so sad for the moon. Darn Betelgeuse...
    • View Profile
A couple custom FF wallpapers
« on: 2010-11-17 06:30:06 »
Hey all! Recently I completed my first fairly good wallpaper (at least imo) and a second one came soon after as per the request of a friend. I like em so I figure I may as well shar them with a community of people who love ff as much as I do :)

Any criticism (preferably constructive, I'm still a bit of a noob with photoshop :P ) would be much appreciated. I've been spending the past few days trying to come up with new base design schemes and ways to make these things better!

And without further ado, Enjoy!

My first wallpaper (practical top right corner for my own nefarious purposes  ;D )

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=4&u=15758531

And a requested wallpaper, FFX based primarily on the characters Yuna and Lulu!

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=6&u=15758531

Again, enjoy. I hope you like em!

Edit: I tried inserting the images again but for some reason they just won't register, thanks Covarr for covering my back and making me not look like too much of a moron here :)
« Last Edit: 2010-11-17 07:45:06 by LevelOne »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: A couple custom FF wallpapers
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-17 06:56:42 »
You appear to have messed up your image urls. What's more, you appear not to have previewed your thread, and failed to notice this issue.

First link
Second link

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-17 10:55:32 »
Well...they certainly are busy...ummm maybe you could remove some images, like at least 4 or 5 of them :/ hope that helps.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-17 19:38:46 »
Yeah, those are just way too busy and distracting for me.

imo, the best type of wallpaper is a very bland, boring one, that has something special to offer.  For example, my current wallpaper is both Dexter, and Apple related.  It's got a somewhat rough paper-like background, with a blood red apple in the center, with a few blood spatters around it.  Simple, not much to see, but when you look at it and think, it's actually quite brilliant in it's simplicity.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-17 20:48:44 »
Given the fact these are you first attempts - I say great job.  I do agree with the "busy" comments, but of course you intend to review the feedback you recieve and work on some more in the future.  Perhaps you could split each of those wallpapers into two or three more simplistic ones, or make a new one using the info you got from everyone here.  Remember to keep your purpose at the front of your mind (if you are making them for yourself, make them however you please; if your desire is to share them with others then use the input for future projects). 

LevelOne

• I feel so sad for the moon. Darn Betelgeuse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-17 20:57:06 »
Haha, Yup of course. Thanks for the reviews guys! I sort of thought they were a little crowded too but they made for excellent practice to get used to working with photoshop imo.

I'll take that into mind though, later wallpapers will be more simplistic.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-11-17 21:18:05 »
Well those are pretty cool dude, but like they said, too busy, and if I were you, I would experiment more with layering. Your characters are overlapping, but not in a good way. Some of that clutter might be avoided with more layers. Hope it helps, looking forward to more!