Author Topic: Extracting models from the 4th Guide Disc of FFVII International?  (Read 9026 times)

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
So I've managed to acquire the 4th Disc of the FFVII International version. There are some nice models I bet we could use, like the buggy, the Shin-Ra Sub, or the Tiny Bronco, the Highwind (though we have someone working on a model already), even a nicer snowboard... except I can't seem to figure what program could extract the models.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7034/ffvii4thredsub.png
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1705/ffvii4thhighwind.png
http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/8091/ffvii4thtiny.png
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6843/ffvii4thsnowboard.png

I'm not entirely sure if this is it against the rules still? I mean it IS from FFVII....
« Last Edit: 2011-04-26 20:23:00 by Roxas »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
It is from Final Fantasy VII, but it's a different version of Final Fantasy VII. In my opinion that would be against the rules. What the modders at this site are doing is extracting the models, editing them, and placing them back into the same game. Or in some cases just starting from scratch and replacing the models in the game without extracting them.

However, I'm not part of staff. I just thought I would throw me two cents in there.

BloodShot

• View Profile
I think this was talked about before and is still considered ripping content. So it's probably a no go.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
It is against the rules. Not everyone has this content so it would be considered not allowed.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
...And without further ado, topic locked.

obesebear

• View Profile
After a GREAT deal of discussion, this topic has been deemed ok.   HOWEVER, the rules on things like this need to be revised and made more specific.  So until I get around to drafting a new set of rules, know this:

Any investigation of current gen games is not allowed, which includes the PSP.  Discussing ripping models from other games is again ok, but only in conditions such as this where it will encourage exploring new file formats.  Distribution of any of these files is, as always, STRICTLY prohibited and is considered a bannable offense.

Also worth noting, if discussing putting bastardized models into any other game begins to overtake the forum like it once did, the old rule will be put back into place, no questions asked.   The focus of this forum was originally for exploring how games were put together and figuring out how to tweak them, but it's largely turned into LOOK AT MY CUSTOM ADVENT CHILDREN AVATARS!!   So, in order to preserve the original intention of this forum, if we feel things are beginning to get out of hand again, measures will be taken stop it.

If you happen to post a picture that shows something we don't necessarily condone here, you won't be banned or flamed if it only happens occasionally.  But if it appears you are bragging about it, and thereby bringing unwanted attention to the forums in the form of either SE or annoying newbies, you will be asked/made to stop.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-27 18:08:05 by Obesebear »

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
Glad to see this is "ok" now. If anything I had hoped it would land in a "gray" area.

I gave Dragon UnPACKer a go at the NPK and FFD files, but nothing was found (I doubted it would but.... nothing ventured, nothing gained?).

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Ok then. Got my hand on it too and the models are pretty good. I will maybe include that in my project... a secret for now, but I can say it will enhance FF7 PC. PM me Roxas if you want to work in coop with me (anyone else could either). My msn is [email protected] if you want.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ok then. Got my hand on it too and the models are pretty good. I will maybe include that in my project... a secret for now, but I can say it will enhance FF7 PC. PM me Roxas if you want to work in coop with me (anyone else could either). My msn is [email protected] if you want.

I will throw out this warning right now, you may discuss extracting files and models. You can even make tools that will do it. But release anything from these discs on the forums and you will be looking at a ban.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
I know. I plan releasing it as a patch, which means they will need all the needed data and a patcher would do everything.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That works.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
isn't that encouraging pirating the international version though?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No more then any other mod encourages pirating FF7.

obesebear

• View Profile
Like he said he will be offering it in a patch.  If you would like to use his patch, you might want to think about importing the international version.

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival

Sure I'd be interested in seeing what we could accomplish. :)

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
I would like to post a post like this :

http://www.mediafire.com/?fty5c5j6wj46wkx

8)

but the moderators would shut it down. So. This is not some kind of model importing or anything like that. Those are just screens I took from that 4th disc and maybe you should check it out before shut it down. It's not against the rules IIRC. Screenshots. Like in the first post.

obesebear

• View Profile
I would like to post a post like this :

but the moderators would shut it down. So. This is not some kind of model importing or anything like that. Those are just screens I took from that 4th disc and maybe you should check it out before shut it down. It's not against the rules IIRC. Screenshots. Like in the first post.
OK here's the problem.  Posting screens isn't against any rules.  But the fact that you think it is and are intent to "get away with it" anyways doesn't sit well with me and seems like blatant disrespect not only to the staff who uphold the rules, but to the forum which is guided by said rules.

Since you aren't really doing anything wrong, consider this a verbal warning.  If something is against the rules, or you think it might be... ASK US.