Author Topic: Resizing  (Read 2598 times)

tysonrss

• View Profile
Resizing
« on: 2011-12-30 06:33:42 »
Does anyone know of a good way of resizing an image, whether small or bigger without it losing it's quality? Well, I use GameMaker to resize smaller without it losing quality, but when making things bigger, like a sprite, it gets out if hand and I've tried everything...

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Resizing
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-30 13:55:22 »
The problem with resizing an image larger is there is no more information to use to make the image look good at a larger size. Some companies have developed algorithms to try and generate information from the original image but they are subpar at best. Take a look at Perfect Resize from onOne software. It is what was used for the field background upscaling.

tysonrss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-30 17:14:33 »
It's funny that they all say that the image doesn't lose quality. Perfect Resize said that on their site.

I tried Reshade, and it did no different than what I'm used to. I also tried converting a file to vector, enlarging, and converting back to PNG and still, it didn't look right.

I'll youtube this program and see if it does the job..

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-12-31 00:13:29 »
well it doesnt lose any quality.... but it doesnt get any either... it'll just be bigger :P

tysonrss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-12-31 00:35:43 »
I found a little trick.

Inlarge the image, then press Alt+PrintScreen, and copy that into a new image.

It's useful for me since I want to use Tales of sprites in my RMXP game.