Author Topic: FFVII multiplayer mod  (Read 39666 times)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: FFVII multiplayer mod
« Reply #50 on: 2012-04-05 18:56:38 »
I would imagine at least a three year project. That's assuming progress continues happily with Q-Gears.

I think enthusiasts seriously underestimate how arduous this work is.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-05 19:02:55 by Bosola »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #51 on: 2012-04-05 19:56:02 »
I think enthusiasts seriously underestimate how arduous this work is.

Not at all ;) Nice use for Q-gears too ;) Maybe this forum should get a practice fund by the state for this too lol ;D  >:(  :-X

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2012-04-05 20:54:34 »
It is just hard for people to differentiate between adding/changing significant game code and creating tools/tweaking game code.  There is a huge difference.  It's easy to see all these tools and expect that miracles can happen. 

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2012-04-05 21:34:25 »
It is just hard for people to differentiate between adding/changing significant game code and creating tools/tweaking game code.  There is a huge difference.  It's easy to see all these tools and expect that miracles can happen.
well said some people dont understand that the whole process takes a long time and that the whole gaming code will have to be rebuilt

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2012-04-05 22:08:24 »
ok, maybe I can make it a future project.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #55 on: 2012-04-06 10:47:09 »
...a future project.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ay5GqJwHF8  :mrgreen:
"when you built it... they wil come..." looooooool

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: 2012-04-06 20:19:49 »

It's not just the development, though, it's the design work. Creating designs that don't impose constraints on other elements of the work (meaning designs and previous code have to be completely uprooted). Designing lobby and general mechanics to work well in the early stages of a mod's life, when there isn't a critical mass of players available. Performing analysis to find play elements that turn out non-sane before the devs commit time to earlier, faulty specifications. Organizing a large development team. Maintaining high-standards of development and effective technical documentation.

It's a really big thing.