Author Topic: FF7 Bootleg Issue. Win7x64  (Read 3463 times)

Vicerious

• View Profile
FF7 Bootleg Issue. Win7x64
« on: 2013-07-02 23:03:45 »
Hello!

I just got the 2012 version of FF7 and I'm really excited to apply some mods.  But I've run into a problem with BFE/Bootleg.

I've got BFE configured as per EQ2Alyza's tutorial,  and it's running as Administrator.  The game is installed to a non-system folder.  I set Bootleg.exe to run as Admin for all users, and I've made sure that Users have Full Control on the directories involved.  I even disabled UAC.  But when I hit Run Bootleg in BFE, Bootleg always gives the error that it doesn't have permission.

If I run Bootleg.exe directly as Admin, it runs through the list of mod choices.  But when I pick a model for Aeris, the window closes and the process stops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Bootleg Issue. Win7x64
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-02 23:33:45 »
Out of curiosity, what folder did you install to?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-02 23:36:14 »

I've got BFE configured as per EQ2Alyza's tutorial,  and it's running as Administrator.  The game is installed to a non-system folder.  I set Bootleg.exe to run as Admin for all users, and I've made sure that Users have Full Control on the directories involved.  I even disabled UAC.  But when I hit Run Bootleg in BFE, Bootleg always gives the error that it doesn't have permission.

If I run Bootleg.exe directly as Admin, it runs through the list of mod choices.  But when I pick a model for Aeris, the window closes and the process stops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BFE.exe or Bootleg.exe should actually ask for admin rights by itself. Try to start times without admin rights.

Other cause could be that you have for "all" the rights, but not for "[your username]" (This is not the same for Win7... :-P )

Vicerious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-02 23:49:24 »
Out of curiosity, what folder did you install to?

I installed the game to D:\Games\Final Fantasy VII.  The mods are in D:\Games\FF7 Mods.  D: is my big bulky drive, and Windows/system files are on C:, a physically separate HDD.

BFE.exe or Bootleg.exe should actually ask for admin rights by itself. Try to start times without admin rights.

Other cause could be that you have for "all" the rights, but not for "[your username]" (This is not the same for Win7... :-P )

BFE asks to be elevated, but it doesn't ask if I try to launch Bootleg from BFE.  The directories have Full Control set for all user groups now, same result.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-02 23:56:52 »
Very mysterious ...

Starts BFE.exe as normal?
It may be that is locked to the Temp folder ...
In BFE.exe you can move the temp folder somewhere else,see TAB "Installation"

Vicerious

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-03 00:23:52 »
Very mysterious ...

Starts BFE.exe as normal?
It may be that is locked to the Temp folder ...
In BFE.exe you can move the temp folder somewhere else,see TAB "Installation"

That was the problem!  I changed the temp folder to D:/Games/FF7Temp and Bootleg is proceeding.  My mods are just finishing up installation now.

Thanks a ton!