• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« on: 2013-10-06 07:08:59 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:29:30 by Jenova's Witness »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: College Advice - Am I wasting my time?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-11 12:11:44 »
I'm sure with that level of experience there are really good jobs about, but like with most things, you also need to know the right people to get "the best".  :) Rule of thumb. Don't know about the rest.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-28 13:06:42 »
Yeah, I'm getting towards the end of my bachelor's degree, and it does seem that college affords you a lot of networking possibilities. You could definitely get a little entry level job somewhere and work your way up, I guess it depends on what kind of trajectory you want to take.  :)

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-10-28 14:38:52 »
To get the best job, whether you are actually qualified for it or not, is to have the best credentials and the most likeable personality. Get the B.S. it will be an easier path than banking off of only a portfolio of work experience. I also wouldn't have the attitude that exactly what you learn through undergrad or even graduate school in compsci will directly translate to work experience. All that schooling is good for is to teach you how to learn *spoiler alert* Growing up is a trap and so is academia

I used to rent my overpriced textbooks through chegg or amazon, whichever had the best deal