Author Topic: Unfortunate accident: help me!  (Read 3798 times)

Rubicant

• View Profile
Unfortunate accident: help me!
« on: 2002-08-13 20:16:58 »
:weep:

Last night was when it happened. I was putting my new hard drive in my computer when I heard the sound of cracking and rustling. My door was closed, so I was blinded to what horrific event was happening down the hall. I swung open the door to find my dog chewing up the last shards of my Final Fantasy VII Platinum Edition installation disc. I cried out "Why, oh dear Dog why??? What horrible sin have I conjured to deserve this?" then spanked the puppy square on the rump. I fell knees-first to the floor and wept over the last remains of my sanity.

Anyways.. is there any way that someone has a burnable ISO of that cd? If not, I'd just settle for the original ff7.exe that came with the game. I'm quite angry that I lost that cd..considering that they do not even sell that version where I live. It was pure luck that I found my copy of FF7PE in a gas station while I was on vacation for $15.00.

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #1 on: 2002-08-13 21:52:14 »
*cough*edonkey*cough*

"Why, oh dear Dog why???"

Dear dog!

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2002-08-14 01:50:22 »
edonkey...wtf? are you mocking my misfortune?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #3 on: 2002-08-14 02:03:54 »
Why don't you run a quick search on Google for "edonkey"?

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #4 on: 2002-08-14 13:16:03 »
Rubicant: I don't want to sound rude, but where were your disc lying? On the floor??? Well, why not try a seek at WinMX or Grokster?? The chances that you will find a workin' version isn't too high, but it's worthy a try.

What you also could try is to write a letter to Square and tell them you've bought FF7 Platinum Edition a few days ago and when you opened the box, you saw that the install disc was broken. Most probably they will send you a disc w/o asking for the broken one.
This idea might sound stupid, but it works. Kaoru has bought Jedi Knight (I) and both disc were okay. However, one day we wanted to get the disc out of its box and -cracks- it was broken. He has sent a letter to the Support Center of LucasArts, and they've send him a new disc. So this *might* work - you've got nothing to lose if you have got the original discs.

- Alhexx

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2002-08-14 20:03:23 »
The case that held all of the discs was lying on top of my computer, which was quite close to the dog's reach. For some reason the dog found a blue case worth exploring (even though scientists have proven dogs color-blind) and pulled out the cd and chewed it. Thanks for your help, guys.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2002-08-14 22:02:12 »
Ha, blaming the dog is the oldest excuse in the book.... couldn't you think of something original?

Completely off topic... I'm getting my A-level results 2morow..v :-?

Wow... I'm a freak in one more post!! :isee:

Synergy Blades

« Reply #7 on: 2002-08-14 22:13:04 »
I'm getting my AS results.  :( Hope you do well, Jedimark.  :)

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2002-08-14 23:06:46 »
Hey, bastard. If I was lying I would have used a better excuse..BUT IT REALLY HAPPENED. Maybe if there were more considerate and polite people in this world I wouldn't have to get pissed off like this. Oh yeah I'm sure from your point of view some guy getting his cd ruined by his dog is really unlikely, but you don't just say shit like that.

J*** H*******

« Reply #9 on: 2002-08-14 23:51:49 »
I sense hostility.

Rubicant, get a sense of humour. Even you have to admit that the proverbial 'dog ate my homework'-scenario does sound pretty funny when it really happens.

Anyway, I'm closing this before it gets really ugly.