Author Topic: FF VIII Mod problems  (Read 3123 times)

Kialiens

• View Profile
FF VIII Mod problems
« on: 2015-07-01 21:19:27 »
Hello there :3 , for a few weeks i had FF VIII and i wanted to Mod it and then suddenly i saw... ah lets just go with the problem.

The main thing here is that the mods I installed didn't work (only Horizon Pack and Tripod did) but Project Eden, SeeD Reborn, Rebirth Flame and Lunar Cry are a total N.O.P.E on getting them to work :c, May anybody help me please?

Sidenote: Seed Reborn half works, but there are a few missing archives that i can't retrieve from the .rar archive  :-\

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: FF VIII Mod problems
« Reply #1 on: 2015-07-02 00:44:43 »
It's hard to say why two would work and the others won't. Everything follows just about the same steps. Putting the main folders in the texture folder, putting the hashmaps/objmaps in the correct folder in Tonberry. Seems Tonberry is fine if two of the mods are working. As for SeeD Reborn, you could try redownloading it. Seems like the file you have is slightly broken.

Kialiens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-07-02 00:49:26 »
The actual problem with SeeD Reborn is the file mag07_13.png which seems to be ''damaged'', but i'll try follow what you said and download it again.

Btw, should i use the latest tonberry? i'm currenty using the 1.61 enhanced  ???

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-02 00:57:22 »
Probably should try to redownload, then.

I would. They should work about the same, but the latest version has some more speed improvements and also fixes some crashing issues.

Kialiens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-07-02 01:12:12 »
Ty :3, i'll test it out as soon as my internet doesn't go slow-motion every sec ._. ... for tonberry when i install it do i have to re-extract every single mod again?   :-P

Edit: Welp, it seemed that the .rar archive of SeeD Reborn had mag07_13.png damaged, the zip file fixed it all :D Now i gotta struggle with Lunar Cry and Rebirth flame for now
« Last Edit: 2015-07-02 01:18:12 by Kialiens »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2015-07-02 01:25:15 »
You're welcome. Alright. Ah, uh, not sure. But it'd probably be better to start over and do everything step by step(Rebirth Flame has instructions on the first page where you download it and the others should too) to see if it all works properly for you this time.

If you're using Lunar Cry, I recommend downloading the Project Hellfire hashmap as well. This will fix a glitch involving some GF summons.

Kialiens

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-07-02 01:29:03 »
Ok, ill do it all again (Good thing i conserved the files of everything). Thanks for the help! I'll come back if i need something else  ;D