Author Topic: FFVIII - Launcher Launches But Does Not Function  (Read 2019 times)

stringz07

• View Profile
FFVIII - Launcher Launches But Does Not Function
« on: 2015-07-03 19:37:10 »
Installed the game a few days ago via Steam, installed all of the mods listed here (following the install instructions given for each mod):

http://steamcommunity.com/app/39150/discussions/0/648814213843615508/

I did not install the SweetFX enhancements...the first enhancement listed has a dead link, and I didn't like how dark the second made the game.

I did not install any of the tools (other than Toneberry Enhanced 2.04).

For music, I went with RAW, and I replaced the FMVs with the undubbed files listed on the above link.

When I launch the game vita "FF8+.exe" it launches the game's launcher with the health warning. This is where the problem may or may not begin:

About half the time, clicking the OK button does nothing, as if the launcher is frozen. It shows up as "Responding" in the task manager, and right-clicking on the launcher in the task bar and closing it that way works fine with no error message produced. If the game gets past the health warning, 100% of the time the actual launcher presents the same behavior. Occaisionally moving the mouse over a button with slightly alter the color (lighter grey on all buttons except Chocobo World, which turns red). Clicking any of the buttons does nothing. Clicking the X in the corner does nothing. My Square account ID is shown in the top right corner.

Reinstalling the game/rebooting the system does nothing. Vanilla game does not function either (launching via Steam or FFVIII folder produce the same results)...just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

System Spec:
Windows 7 64-Bit
GTX 970
16 GB DDR4 Memory
Intel i7-5820K CPU