Author Topic: 7th Heaven Beacause Version  (Read 3902 times)

Estelyen

• View Profile
7th Heaven Beacause Version
« on: 2019-06-29 11:11:03 »
Hello gals and guys,

I just recently picked up FF7 again and hit upon the idea of modding it this time to get a new experience. I came across many descriptions of nice mods, which has eventually led me here. I have installed 7th Heaven and got it running already, but there is one thing that is slightly bothering me. I couldn't find the answer anywhere on these forums or with google searches, so please excuse me if I overlooked something:

The version of the Beacause retranslation used by 7th Heaven seems to be from the Reunion R03e, but the Reunion is now at version R05c. I get that these two mods don't work well together, and I could achieve most other things the Reunion does with other mods of 7th Heaven, but the retranslation is in my opinion the most important factor of it. The last Beacause update before it was merged into the Reunion stated that the translation was only 61.7% complete and I couldn't find any Reunion version history or something that would tell me on which version of Reunion the Beacause project actually finished.

Will I be running the fully completed version of Beacause with the files from Reunion R03e or should I instead rather skip 7th Heaven altogether to have the full retranslation in the most recent standalone version of the Reunion?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: 7th Heaven Beacause Version
« Reply #1 on: 2019-06-29 12:11:01 »
It's R03e in the Catalog, so whatever completion it had at that time is what you'll get. R05c will be coming with Catalog 3.0. I'm working on it every weekend of spare time I have right now, but I don't have a release date for it. Soon, I hope.

Estelyen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-06-30 05:15:56 »
Thanks Alyza, your work is really appreciated! I'm working on several side projects of myself next to a full-time job, so I know that feeling ::) Don't rush it, take your time!

But I'm afraid my main question has not been answered; was the retranslation complete in R03e or not? I don't mind some minor corrections having been done later but if there's still 30% or something of the project unfinished, I might have to consider Reunion instead of 7th Heaven.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2019-06-30 07:25:45 »
The MO and Beacause merge into Reunion happened somewhere between 2010-2012 (I don't remember), but R03e was released roughly three years ago in 2016. I don't know how much work was done between that time frame. DLPB works very diligently, so I imagine significant changes were made between the merge and R03e.

I've honestly not kept up with his work for years though because well...I got sick of waiting. It's been probably close to a decade since I first read about the ReTranslation Project, and I'm like you where I don't want to play unfinished projects. So, I put my attention towards other things (Bootleg/7th Heaven) and will dig into again once R06 is released.