Author Topic: FFVII Piano Collections  (Read 18415 times)

Sephiroth2000

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #25 on: 2003-12-21 18:30:09 »
I arranged that when i was IN the UK. I movede to NZ 2 years ago. Are you sure josh_1 played it? I bet it's his version on SquareSounds, because i don't remember ever posting the piece on squaresounds. I haven't rearranged the sheet, either, just replayed it(right choice of words?)and i know it sounds the same, it was off the same sheet as i have stated. As i said, if you don't want to believe me, fine by me. The original version did not work on the forums because of a notice when i tried to access it through the forums that said Unable to locate server(i'm using Opera).

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #26 on: 2003-12-21 18:54:36 »
I think he may have dug himself into a hole here.

Quote from: Seph2000
I've arranged a piece for this thread last night. It's the Weapon Raid song...

Turns out Gigashadow played that song and Josh_1 arranged it, and you can get a copy at http://www.squaresound.com/ff7.shtml .  We know it's the same song, because...

Quote from: FFTactic_Boy
The file name is exactly the same, the file size is exactly the same, and the date is exactly the same. Only difference is the "Josh1" and "Played by Seph2000" part.

There's no way that's a coincidence.  And I'm pretty sure the one on Squaresound was there before the night that Seph2000 "arranged" it.

I rearranged it last night, as the original did not work on this forum.

The original version did not work on the forums because of a notice when i tried to access it through the forums that said Unable to locate server(i'm using Opera).

It was giving you a server error when you tried to post it, and to fix it, you took it and rearranged it?  Hmm...

Are you sure josh_1 played it? I bet it's his version on SquareSounds, because i don't remember ever posting the piece on squaresounds. I haven't rearranged the sheet, either, just replayed it(right choice of words?)and i know it sounds the same, it was off the same sheet as i have stated.

If you replayed it, how come the file size and date are the same as the one on SquareSound?  Even if it was you, there's no way that you would have played it on the night that you originally claimed.  And no, Josh_1 didn't play it, he just arranged it.

I think you're gonna have a hard time convincing anyone that this is your song now.  Or maybe it's just me.

atzn

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #27 on: 2003-12-21 19:29:31 »
Quote from: Sephiroth2000
I arranged that when i was IN the UK. I movede to NZ 2 years ago.

Yup, that's right.... "you arranged it." You "moved from UK to NZ" 2 years ago.

Like Aaron said, josh1 DID NOT play it, matter of fact he was the one who ARRANGED the piece.

2nd fact: Gigashadow is in UK. Period. If you insist that you've "moved" over to UK, I'll probably contact the REAL (Yes, read: REAL) Gigashadow and I'll see what other explanation you can give. Either that, or I can contact Josh1 to see if you've contacted him or not.

Quote from: Aaron
I think you're gonna have a hard time convincing anyone that this is your song now. Or maybe it's just me.

You're not alone.

Just stop twisting and turning the whole thing and admit your lies Seph2000, before I actually contact the real authors of the song (Which is IMO, great work..), and then I'll see what explanation you can give then.... as I've said, don't force me to.

Sephiroth2000

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #28 on: 2003-12-22 18:56:24 »
Quote from: Aaron
It was giving you a server error when you tried to post it, and to fix it, you took it and rearranged it? Hmm...

Yep, that's it. Any reason why it would do that?
Just stop twisting and turning the whole thing and admit your lies Seph2000, before I actually contact the real authors of the song(Which is IMO, great work..), and then I'll see what explanation you can give then.... as I've said, don't force me to.

Go ahead.
Yup, that's right.... "you arranged it." You "moved from UK to NZ" 2 years ago.

I REARRANGED it. Yes, i did move to NZ 2 years ago.[/b][/quote]

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #29 on: 2003-12-22 19:32:32 »
You have yet to answer this... What I wanna know is, if you rearranged it, how come it's the exact same file as the one on that site?

I'll leave FFT_Boy to contact the authors.

atzn

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #30 on: 2003-12-22 19:39:03 »
I will contact them. Leave this to me.... I had enough of all this crap. If only you admit that you're not GigaShadow, then I'll probably drop this matter. But since you insist that you're GigaShadow, then I will contact the real GigaShadow (Just for everybody's information, he's a member of the Gamingforce Audio boards, registered on May 2003 and HAS ENGLAND as his location in his profile (Oh unless he "forgets that he left UK 2 years ago"), plus he posted the LINKS to SquareSound regarding his work, whereas Seph2000 claims that 'he doesn't remember posting in SquareSound'). I thought these amount of evidence (Plus the file size, name, etc) is enough to convince me that you are lying, unfortunately it isn't. So I will fulfil your wish by contacting them.

sephiroth2045

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #31 on: 2003-12-22 22:44:35 »
OMG... look at their god damn emails. They aren't even the same!

Sephiroth2000

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #32 on: 2003-12-23 07:49:20 »
Sorry guys, it was all a big lie. My god...I lost most of my skills on piano about three months ago.

edit--
There, i have changed it to how i actually feel.

Sephiroth2000

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #33 on: 2003-12-23 07:52:52 »
Tell me honestly, did anyone actually fall for that? The piano idea, i mean. It was quite nostalgic, i used to be able to play the world map theme on the piano and actually have something truthful to brag about. Sadly, no more...

atzn

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #34 on: 2003-12-23 09:20:17 »
You're *lucky* that I actually didn't reach the real authors of the song yet, or I think a big ruckus might've happened. If you want to pick something to joke on, I would suggest picking on something less serious than stealing others work (Then make a joke out of it) because I am sure everyone deem this as a serious offence.

As for your attempted lies (Or joke would I say?).....

Reductio ad absurdum.

And I'm sorry to hear about your piano skills, but hey I bet at least you're better than me, I stopped after passing my first grade. [Which was years ago]

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #35 on: 2003-12-23 10:37:41 »
Well, as for the admin of this place, you don't get sympathy, you get...

WARNING ISSUED:
User: Sephiroth2000
Severity: Smart people can act stupid, but stupid people can't act smart.
Reason: Admitted theft and copyright infringement, and trying to downplay it by pretending it to be a joke, and finally trying to turn the shown good faith of the other members into them being stupid for not calling you a liar from the start.

Well, guess what. Your credibility is now zero on these forums. Well, it probably was the instant you tried to defend yourself in a rather obvious lie, this just formalizes it.

Oh, and most admins would just ban you for posting stolen work, without even listening to your explanation. I on the other hand will keep you around for a while, for the added morale you bring to the place.

Nori

• View Profile
!!!
« Reply #36 on: 2003-12-23 15:46:05 »
Sephiroth2000, I think you should apologies :(

Jedimark

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #37 on: 2003-12-23 16:45:03 »
I’m sure there is a term for people who lie compulsively. I still think you’re lying to be honest. You've invented some rubbish story about how you seem to be testing us to find out how long your lie can go un-noticed, where in reality you are probably just using this as an excuse trying to get out of a corner you've been backed into by people on here. A simple “hands in air” with an apology would have been better for you. Don't forget you are still a relatively new member of these boards and you have a repuation to build up.

Sephiroth2000

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #38 on: 2003-12-23 17:33:37 »
1: It wasn't a joke. I had this urge to just try to make my reputation look better by saying i was good. Guess that teaches me. :weep:
2:Yeah, sorry guys.
3:*sticks his hands up in the air and apologises again*

Well, have a good christmas, everyone.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #39 on: 2003-12-24 06:30:22 »
isn't it spelled apologize? (with a z, not an s)

Sephiroth2000

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #40 on: 2003-12-24 07:24:17 »
Can't remember...i'll have to check that one in a dictionary.

Synergy Blades

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #41 on: 2003-12-24 07:32:35 »
Z in America, S in the UK. :)

Jedimark

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #42 on: 2003-12-24 08:35:41 »
Yeah replacing S's with Z's is the Americanised spelling.

C819Strife

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #43 on: 2004-01-02 00:07:34 »
As part of the deceased FFVIIPC project, I am quite upset with Sephiroth2000 for doing such a thing.  I guess most of you know me if you know josh_1; I'm the other half of the project...the one who did Reunion and Cinco de Chocobo.

Sephiroth2000, I would like to take this time to personally highlight what you did and ask you why you felt it was necessary to do these things.  
1) Stealing an arrangment.  now I understand some of the more evil people out there feel it necessary to take another's work and call it there own, but I never dreamed of such a thing within a community such as this or the one on gamingforce.  If you don't want to be an honest person, please do so in another department.  Music is serious stuff and I don't think you'd like it if I, Josh, or the REAL Giga took one of your pieces and said we performed it.
2) False identity.  Now this is just child's play.  I can't believe you would pose as an accomplished pianist and claim to be who you are not.  It really disgusted me that you posed as Giga.  Please rethink your antics in this matter in the future.
3) Reputation.  I really do not understand how stealing a piece and calling it your own may boost one's reputation.  Care to fill me in?

These things have really angered Josh and myself and I'm sure GigaShadow won't be too pleased if he finds out he was framed in such a devious scheme.  I, personally, accept your apology, but I still want answers.  Thank you and I'd like to see you give me some answers.

~C819Strife~

Jedimark

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #44 on: 2004-01-02 19:46:53 »
C819Strife: He gave his reasons for doing this in his post.

Quote from: Sephiroth2000
1: It wasn't a joke. I had this urge to just try to make my reputation look better by saying i was good. Guess that teaches me. :weep:
2:Yeah, sorry guys.
3:*sticks his hands up in the air and apologises again*

Well, have a good christmas, everyone.

C819Strife

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #45 on: 2004-01-03 16:09:32 »
eh, fair enough.  just think before you do stuff like that, as it will only get you in trouble in the long run.  as you can see, everyone jumped at you and knew it wasn't your arrangement, so this should teach you how hard it is to get away with something like this.  

also, don't be surprised if you're contacted by josh_1 about this...just letting you know.

and I hope you get your skill back at piano...as a fellow pianist I know how it feels to lose something like piano skill; good luck at trying to get it back :)

~C819Strife~

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #46 on: 2004-01-03 18:50:16 »
Actually in a "normal" board of this size he probably would have.. but the people here go above and beyond the call of duty to bust liars, and they are very good at what they do.. Ask our older village idiot.. well he's not here anymore, but if he was you could ask him .. LoL