Author Topic: Shield Materia  (Read 3564 times)

Xaos

Shield Materia
« on: 2004-11-14 16:21:35 »
I figured if anyone knew what this materia was supposed to do it would be all of you high speed programmers/decompilers/modellers.

Since on all of the FF7 boards I have read there is only speculation on what this 'shield' ability actually did, I was wondering what it was supposed to really do.  Has anyone dissected the materia to find out what stats might have been adjusted or what abilities were gained through this?

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
Shield Materia
« Reply #1 on: 2004-11-14 22:26:29 »
Cast it on yourself or another party member and it basically just makes them invincible to most forms of damage. There are some attacks that can still get through if I remember correctly (Tonberry for example), but most things will just miss or do no damage.

Xaos

Shield Materia
« Reply #2 on: 2004-11-15 04:01:13 »
yes, but what are the specifics?  Exactly which attacks can get through?  Which forms of damage does it defend agains?

I know, for instance, that Emerald weapon's attacks get through shield (I tried it out myself).  Not one single attack from Emerald was blocked by shield.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
Shield Materia
« Reply #3 on: 2004-11-15 05:01:16 »
Shield voids normal attacks and absorbs elemental attacks.

It does not void/absorb items or non-elemental attacks.

If you really need a list of every attack that is “non-elemental” then get Terence Fergusson’s Enemy Mechanics guide from GameFAQs.

L. Spiro