Author Topic: ff7 world map lag  (Read 2301 times)

christov

ff7 world map lag
« on: 2005-05-18 13:09:42 »
hey guys, long time reader. First time poster. Must say all of your posts on here have been... semi-helpful to me, but I have not read any posts about my problem in particular.

Basically I want to run the game in direct3D hardware acceleration mode. Now this works fine when in a town/cave etc e.g. midgar, kalm, north cave, chocob farm. Basically any place without a map. But when I go the world map from anywhere, the game lags for about 30 seconds. Also if i encounter a random battle on the world map it also lags for about 30 seconds before actually going into the battle.

ANy thoughts anyone?

I have installed the 1.02 ff7 patch, chocobo races patch, soundfonts (though the problem was still there when i didnt have the soundfonts).

system spec:
798MHz AMD Athlon Processor
256MB Ram
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 graphics card and Matrox Millennium II PCI graphics card (for second monitor)

I am running two monitors, tried it with just one monitor, didn't seem to help. Tried setting the color quality to 16bit, again didn't help. And tried lowering the hardware acceleration on the graphics card.... which didn't help.

Anyone who can help me.. PLEASE......!!! I really really really don't want to have to run the game in software rendering mode, i hate the lag in battles and the little white lines that appear around clouds shadow on the world map!!

Peace out.

corpse

• View Profile
ff7 world map lag
« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-18 15:32:14 »
I had this problem with a radeon

anyway to fix fix it you have 3 options:

1. Set compatibility to win98 (you're joypad/joystick may not work in ff7 now)

2. or use software mode for world map

3. Up virtual memory

I hope this helps

Corpse