Author Topic: Maybe this can help a little....?  (Read 5960 times)

Anonymous

Maybe this can help a little....?
« on: 2001-08-21 23:27:00 »
Hi to all! You're doing a great job with ff7 file extraction, but the 3d models are very hard, uh? Well, maybe you've already seen it,
but at http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil.html" TARGET=_blank>www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil.html
you can download a nice program called "FF7vMe" wich is no other than a model
viewer for the .lzs files of the playstation cds. It seems to me very powerful, even it doesn't permict model editing...
Ok, I don't know if can help you in any way,
but, however, don't give up!

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #1 on: 2001-08-22 19:14:00 »
Thanx for that. I've been to this site before, but I didn't see that viewer. Perhpas I'm going to contact Zophar...

- Alhexx

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #2 on: 2001-08-23 16:42:00 »
I actually have that already.

It works VERY well at looking at the Battle Models of FF7-PSX, however, that is all you can do. Look at them.

It's not even fit to be called a true FF7 utility. Of course, that's if you want to do more than look at the models and maybe take a few screenshots...

Sephiroth 3D

"One who seeks knowledge from another person, doesn't learn half as much as the one who seeks knowledge for himself." - Vincent Valentine, The Sephiroth Chronicals, Book 1: Resurrection

[email protected]  
Sephiroth 3D's Final Fantasy (Currently Offline)
 http://members.tripod.com/~Sephiroth3D/index.html" TARGET=_blank>Sephiroth 3D's Promised Land

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #3 on: 2001-08-23 10:27:00 »
Could you guys tell me what displays that program ? Only body parts, or whole models ?
I dont know, because i dont have ff7 on psx

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2001-08-23 15:01:00 »
ok this is how i think it works.
p files form part of a larger file called lzs i think, the viewer hows these, they are individual parts when i last saw it (like 3 years ago). all the vets have seen and delt with this time ago.
alhexx, i finally got ultima working, have u got a function to import all the characters .p files into one model?

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #5 on: 2001-08-23 18:49:00 »
No,not yet. I know, I'm laming with this option, but I've got a lot of work to do now. I'm working on that .p format all time, I've got almost no free time to program anything else, even Ultima is freezed for some days...

- Alhexx

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2001-08-23 20:50:00 »
Hey Sephiroth 3D I remember sending you that program AGES ago, but you probably already had it cos you never replied. Oh no, I'm in the Tech forum. I'm lost again. Ohhh, how will I find my way out?.....

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #7 on: 2001-08-24 08:16:00 »
eerrrr: Really? Geez, sorry about that.

How the program works is like this: Put in a PSX FF7 CD. Run the program, and it will let you select a battle model to display. The model will then display 1 part of that file at a time, not unlike Alhexx's program. However, this program has no export or save abilities. It can only read the battle model data, not save it in any way, shape or form.

What's worse is that the author wrote it in Japanese, so it's rather hard to understand on an english computer. (But you can figure out most of it with ease.)

Sephiroth 3D

"One who seeks knowledge from another person, doesn't learn half as much as the one who seeks knowledge for himself." - Vincent Valentine, The Sephiroth Chronicals, Book 1: Resurrection

[email protected]  
Sephiroth 3D's Final Fantasy (Currently Offline)
 http://members.tripod.com/~Sephiroth3D/index.html" TARGET=_blank>Sephiroth 3D's Promised Land

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2001-08-24 12:13:00 »
Oh, I got an English version of it if anyone wants it. And yeah, it sucks that you can only view one part at a time.

bigbadwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2001-09-05 07:25:00 »
i say that somone makes a new prog like ficdulas lgp tools, for ff8.cause i cant get qhimms one to show anything

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 2001-09-05 12:57:00 »
The guy who wote that little poly util went under the name "maruchan" He assisted me in the LZS extraction code and parts of the code for that is in my LZS data extractor. Also gave me tips about the FF7 PSX file formats waaaaay back when. (About 3 years Ago), mostly about models, but, (and don't kill me about this) I lost them ;_;

-halkun

« Reply #11 on: 2001-09-05 21:16:00 »
bigbadwulf: Easier said than done. Currently, when it comes to FF8, I think most of us know less than Qhimm. We're all focused on FF7 at the moment.

Halkun: You didn't *really* lose them, did you? Just misplaced them? Or how was it with your FF7 stuff when you were working on your FF8 project? They were in "deep storage" or something like that?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 2001-09-06 23:00:00 »
Lost as in they didn't make it on the tape backup during the last format....I only remebr fleeting things like vertexes->polygons->colors->textures. He kind of dove into how the pointers resolved, but that's the part I lost.

*sorry*

-halkun

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2001-09-07 09:34:00 »
Quickly try to contact him.
Maybe he can remember you and still has the document