Author Topic: Weapon Modifications, Menus, Stats...How???  (Read 5279 times)

Tsukiyomi

• View Profile
Weapon Modifications, Menus, Stats...How???
« on: 2005-10-29 22:29:19 »
Hi, ok from what i know, lgp files are for the display purposes and models and such i think. So my question is, how on earth do you edit the name of weapons in the equip menu and the stats?? Something tells me it's a lot harder than switching the models...

I read an old thread, but I didn't wanna bring it back up, so does anyone know how to equip Cloud with the masamune itself? That is having the name AND stats intact? I know how to replace the model, but I'd like to have the name and stats there too because it's such an awesome sword..heh. From what the thread i read said, it's not possible, but that was a while ago....Does anyone know how to mess around with the weapon details??
Thanks a bunch... :erm:

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-30 04:34:33 »
You woud have to replace the model and stats of a sword cloud can use with that of the masamune. This might not be the best idea. However it's the only way to do it.

I'm not positive but the weapon stats are hardcoded in the battle engine in the game so you would need to patch the game itself or modify the games memory in situ.

The weapon model can be replaced by substituting the model for the masamune for one the weapons Cloud has.

For the playstation version actually removing a weapon model from CLOUD.LZS and putting the masamune into it would be necessary (buster sword for example would work). Fortunately Sephiroth has 16 versions of the same model in his battle model, in case you didn't find the right one (smirk). As for changing the weapons stats that would have to be done in cheat codes likely. You can't switch the weapon using cheat codes in the PSX variant (just a note).

Cyb

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-30 04:40:05 »
He also wont hold it like Sephy, either, and it would look like an elongated Marasume.

As for stats, well, just replace the Ultima weapon for best results, i guess.

Tsukiyomi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-10-30 05:22:41 »
Heh actually I'm trying out this Sephiroth patch thing, and only thing i got it partly working with the reunion patch, so i wanted Sephy to have his Masamune rather than Cloud's swords. I read an old post about Hex editing and the Kernel.BIN file with modding weapon stats and stuff, but that went way over my head....
Dammit, well there's my hopes all shot down...booo  :isee:

Anyway, thanks a lot guys.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #4 on: 2005-10-30 06:00:11 »
I'm not positive but the weapon stats are hardcoded in the battle engine in the game so you would need to patch the game itself or modify the games memory in situ.
Err, no, these stats, along with Materia, accessories, armors, items, and attacks, are in Kernel.bin.

I read an old post about Hex editing and the Kernel.BIN file with modding weapon stats and stuff, but that went way over my head....
Then that’s that.
No point in me explaining further.

L. Spiro

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
need i little information
« Reply #5 on: 2005-12-19 11:25:43 »
uh sorry to intrrupt u but i need to kow how what files in battle is cloud weapon "Ultima Weapons"  I just need the name of the file(s) to switch the Ultima Weapon appearance to the masamune appearance

Thank you in advance  :wink:

The Great Sephiroth

ESPerion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-01-17 13:51:47 »
could anyone please enlighten me with the data format of kernel.bin? i wanna edit some weapons' stats but don't know where to start... ~__~ any help really appreciated. since kernel.bin is pretty small and contains a fair bit of data, i'm guessing that it's compressed in some way, ne? o_O;;

to Great Sephiroth: cloud's ultima is rtcz, masamune is sick.

pbuckman258

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-03-28 21:25:39 »
can somebody make a editing the kernel.bin walkthrough for people who have no programming knowledge or hex editing knowledge. I have read gears but still i dont understand i need somebody to explain it in a simplyer tone. thanks

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-03-29 00:25:17 »
Hey guys, does anyone have an easy tutorial on becoming a nuclear physicist?

...morons.

pbuckman258

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-03-29 08:23:10 »
I think that’s abit uncalled for it was a simple request a yes or no would of been adequate anyway ill take that as a no and ill have to keep studying Gears.