Author Topic: Problems Installing NPC Reconstruction Patch  (Read 3415 times)

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
Problems Installing NPC Reconstruction Patch
« on: 2006-06-19 09:36:06 »
Hello everyone.

I'm having trouble installing the NPC patch. 

This is the error I receive.

'This program cannot update the installed version of My Product because of the following reason:  The Destination directory doesn't have any files to update.'

As you can see here, http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v699/silhouette05/?action=view&current=untitled12.jpg, I've extracted all of the files of the char file with lgp tools in my data/field/char folder.  The directory I've selected is correct in the install program, so I'm confused as to why it doesn't recognize the files I've extracted.

Thank you all for your help!

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Problems Installing NPC Reconstruction Patch
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-19 13:36:20 »
Which version/edition of FF7 is it?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-19 17:02:34 »
Hi there.

The patcher's default folder is: "C:\program files\square soft inc.\final fantasy VII\data\" but your game seems to be installed to: "C:\program files\final fantasy VII\" so make sure that in the patcher select: "C:\program files\final fantasy VII\data\".  If it's not working it's the same problem we descused soooo many time in the NPC RC topic.... you got to get the original char.lgp and extract it to: "...\field\char\" but this kind of error is most likely that your didn't select your folder properly.

BTW why didn't you post this in the NPC RC topic instead of creating another topic for the same thing...

Anyways I hope it helped you hehe

see you
« Last Edit: 2006-06-19 18:12:32 by stormmedia »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-19 22:07:18 »
Oh shit!  Sorry Storm. In the program you made, I would select data/field/char instead of just data...that was the problem.   :|

I apologize for making a new topic.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-19 22:16:28 by Changeling »

jamesyfx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-06-19 22:43:14 »
Dont worry. Thats what this is all about. Solving your problems.. even as simple as that. :)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-06-20 03:00:38 »
hehe!!! It's always good to hear that we helped to solved a problem and...it's no big deal for the new topic... it's just that I'm asking myself why so many people post there question in a new topic instead of going to the source of the project... I mean if you ask directly to the official topic of a project it's the makers of the project that will answer you so I think it's for the best.  But as jamesyfx said we are here to help so even if it's not in the original topic it will be our pleasure to help... it's just that you have more chance that the makers of the patch see you in there original topic.

Well see you.