Author Topic: Quick Question.  (Read 3543 times)

zero88

• View Profile
Quick Question.
« on: 2006-05-13 16:27:27 »
Okay, well, I don't imagine this would be too hard, but how exactly would I go about editing spell names? For instance, I had in mind to change the names of "Cure2," "Fire2," "Ice2," etc. to things like "Cura," "Fira," "Blizzara," you know. I think all of the names would fit.

Where exactly do I go to do that? And what program should I use to do that...? Thanks a lot.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-13 16:57:33 »
I think a hex editor would do it, but I'm not sure what file you'd have to edit. Most likely something in the data folder, though.

Also, I don't know if you would be able to change the name to something of a different length without ruining offsets.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-13 17:02:20 »
Also, I don't know if you would be able to change the name to something of a different length without ruining offsets.

I was thinking the same thing... Well, I'll see if I can't get any more info on the matter regardless.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-13 17:26:55 »
There's a program to do this.
Is from ficedula and called Cosmo
Look on http:\\ficedula.cjb.net

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-13 17:30:49 »
Good call.

Thanks, buddy.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-13 19:38:27 »
ARGH so many problems!!

Well, I get Cosmo downloaded, installed, everything. I run it. All I get is this little text box that says fix lengths, or something like that. That's it.

I look for solutions to my problem. No dice. Now I don't even get that little text box to show up when I start the program. A little icon in my taskbar says it's open, but nothing shows up when I click the taskbar icon. I restart my computer; I try it again. Nothing. It's driving me nuts!

Even apart from that problem, I still am not sure where to find the spell name information in flevel.lgp...if it's even there...any help to all of this?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-13 20:01:12 »
A thread which will help you with Cosmo windows not visible. As for the spell names, they are stored in kernel.bin (or, was it kernel2.bin?).

dziugo

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-05-13 20:04:43 »
lol i'm such a klutz...

Literally, five minutes after posting that, I figured out what to do. I press Alt+T and got the menus to show up...

Through using some of the programs, I managed to edit the spell names very easily, and I know am nearly done with making stuff like "cura" and stuff, more like the recent Final Fantasies, and I'll make a patch of it if anyone is interested.

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-05-13 21:19:57 »
Might as well make a patch out of it, by the rate we are going, there is enough patches to nearly constitute a new version of the game.