Author Topic: A question about FFVII  (Read 2416 times)

xjingxuex

A question about FFVII
« on: 2006-05-27 11:01:48 »
Hi all!! I'm currently on disc III, and was doing all the subquests.. After I used Tifa's limit break, and went on to the next battle, her normal attack did less than a thousand.. Is it a game problem or is it supposingly to be like that?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: A question about FFVII
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-27 16:21:05 »
Does her normal attack usually do 1000? Are you fighting against an enemy with higher defense?

I don't know about Tifa's limit having any adverse effect on her other abilities, but I don't really know much past her level 1 limit...

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-27 16:28:08 »
Her ultimate weapon works on her limit gauge and her limit level, from what I've read.

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-27 16:41:06 »
Yeah, she'll do 9999 easily at fairly high levels if her limit gauge is nearly full, and her limit itself will do ridiculous amounts thanks to the gauge being full when you activate the limit. I personally never use Premium Heart any more, it's sucky how little damage it does while she's on low limit. Of course, you could leave her on full limit all the time and make use of command materias to enable 4x cut, Slash-All or whatever so she can still do physical attacks while on full limit.

All the characters require certain conditions for their weapons to do Max damage BTW.

Cloud (Ultima Weapon): Depends on his HP.
Barret (Missing Score): More AP on his materia the better it gets.
Aeris (Princess Guard): Double attack power when 1 character is KO. Triple attack power if 2 characters are KO.
Red (Limited Moon): Depends on his MP.
Yuffie (Conformer): Weapon has no powerup, it's rock-hard by default :D It's best used for Morphing enemies.
Vincent (Death Penalty): Depends how many enemies he has killed. More is better.
Cait Sith (HP Shout): Same as Cloud.
Cid (Venus Gospel): Same as Red.

edit: this only applies to their ultimate weapons, just to clarify for anyone who didn't realise. I've added the weapon names now as well to the above list.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-27 16:55:58 by Radiosity »