Author Topic: help me out! Got fool by 1.4 from ffvii and I need help with ffvii sound  (Read 2150 times)

strategos

Well after a long search I found out that 1.4 for ffvii wasnt a good patch and that the real patch is 1.2. I also found this great site :).
Well, I need help :(. I installed the 1.4, and I heard that 1.4 affect a file in the windows :S.
Can someone help me :)? How can I fix it :) What can I do? I run a windows media center.
How can I access this file from the disk? How can I reinstall them on the pc?
I finally made the ffvii run on the nvidia go force 6800. But the sound, during the battle, doesnt sound real good.
Sounds too low. What can I do?
Thank You for the help :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Shouldn't this go in Game Tweaking?

Also, what do you mean by "Sounds too low"? Is the volume not high enough? Is the pitch too low? And are you talking about the sound effects or the music, because the music will not sound right until you replace the bad system file (I'm not sure what file at the moment, but somebody here probably knows).

strategos

Well, everytime time, during battle mode, I attack or use spells the sound doesnt sound right. Sounds too far away or too low. other than that the rest of the sounds sounfs good :). Also I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix the midi sound file from the 1.4 patch. Looking the file in the windows disk and where in the windows files put it^^?. Thanks ^_^