Author Topic: Is there a way that I can use directional pad instead of joystick FF8  (Read 4237 times)

Troopermanaic

• View Profile
Well my joystick goes to the right sometimes and I hate it, I would rather use my directional pad but it wont let me change it, Is there a program or something I overlooked that can change it. I have an xbox 360 joypad and no its not broken FF8 is the only game that it does it in.

Terid__K

If your controler has an analog button, turn it off and you'll be able to use the D-pad.

Troopermanaic

• View Profile
If your controler has an analog button, turn it off and you'll be able to use the D-pad.

Its the xbox 360 controller 

http://playstation3.files.wordpress.com/2005/10/xbox360controller.jpg

It dosenent have an analong button

Terid__K

Well, there must be something to turn off analog in it. Have you tried the controler driver properties page?

Troopermanaic

• View Profile
Well, there must be something to turn off analog in it. Have you tried the controler driver properties page?

no and I dont know how to get to controller drivers, If you are referring to the startmenu/controlpanel/gamecontrollers thing then no it wont let me turn off analong from there.

Terid__K

Then I'm afraid you'll have to stick with the analog. Either that or use the keyboard.

A PS2 controller is the one to use with these kind of games. I know I use one.

Troopermanaic

• View Profile
dang tried to get away with it with Xpadder "program that changes joypad controls into keyboard controls" but it makes the joypad controls launch if you have the controller attached, I have a few things I am going to try out, if any of them work I will post them here.

Troopermanaic

• View Profile
OK there wasent any way to do it so I created one  :-D

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7338.0

Heres the link
« Last Edit: 2008-02-07 00:15:04 by Troopermanaic »