Author Topic: Is the NPC Project Scrapped?  (Read 9289 times)

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
Is the NPC Project Scrapped?
« on: 2008-02-01 02:19:40 »
I check this site every once in a while and there are a lot of posts but no new releases.
It's been over a year now since anything has been released.
As I said before, the models you started with will make FF7 the way it was meant to be.
While I think Stormmedia is a good artist, you should finish what you started instead of scrapping all of that work.
Maybe he can create his own patch when this one's finished.

People please don't flame me for asking this.

Tsetra

• View Profile
Re: Is the NPC Project Scrapped?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-02-01 05:27:41 »
Stormmedia, as I understand it, was simply practicing his 3D skills and wasn't really planning to add those higher resolution models he made into the patch. I agree his Cloud looked quite different, but again it wasn't intended to go into the game, and even if he were, he specifically stated it was just a rough WIP.
As for the status of the new patch, it's apparently finished but just hasn't been released. But the first post regarding a new release was way back in October if my memory still works. It'll come out eventually, I don't think it's been scrapped.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: 2008-02-01 06:18:17 »
Holy shit they're done?  That's awesome!! :)

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 2008-02-01 06:29:14 »
edit
« Last Edit: 2008-02-01 06:34:29 by Changeling »

AlkoholiX

« Reply #4 on: 2008-02-01 08:52:41 »
I will be trying to get the next one out. This weekend
As the new patch will have none of the errors and a new name.
I'm asking can a mod close this topic.
Will make a new topic for the new patch

Wrote by ice_cold513 (the last known author of npc Patch)on: 2008-01-17 15:52:21...

Topic is closed, but no new Topic appears  :cry:

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-02-01 18:06:20 »
I'm trying my best to  get the patch out to you all but must of the time right now is going it to training

AlkoholiX

« Reply #6 on: 2008-02-02 10:45:02 »
Sounds nice^^
Can you say if it will rum completely with German version?
Or can you send it to me, so i will test it on German version  :wink:

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-02-02 16:33:53 »
While I think Stormmedia is a good artist, you should finish what you started instead of scrapping all of that work.

Nice to know that now I'm scrapping there job... sorry for joining...  By the way didn't you read that I completely gave up 3d for my future.  Which means that I won't have to practice anymore.  It means that I won't have to continue my WIP models anymore and I will someday start again to do some models the old way.  Beside I lost this model last time I formated my hard drive.  So yes, for now on, you can sleep well without any nightmares for my evil new cloud is dead for good.

Maybe later I will try to make some new models with 3ds max and import them to the game... but I guess I'll just keep them for myself.
« Last Edit: 2008-02-02 16:45:00 by stormmedia »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: 2008-02-02 23:42:06 »
lol storm...I wasn't trying to insult you.  I just think most people prefer the old models, including yours.  They look more...playstation.  If that makes any sense.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-02-03 09:31:52 »
Though saying that I'm scrapping there job could be seen as an instult, I know you wasn't trying to instult me.  It's just becoming annoying hearing the same thing again and again.  I made a new model; you (and some others) didn't like it; the model is now gone and buried.  Can we now just move on ?

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: 2008-02-03 09:33:22 »
Sure we can, and I'm sorry.  You are very cool for doing this storm, and I realize it takes a lot of hard work.

Olie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-02-04 12:32:07 »
Though saying that I'm scrapping there job could be seen as an instult, I know you wasn't trying to instult me.  It's just becoming annoying hearing the same thing again and again.  I made a new model; you (and some others) didn't like it; the model is now gone and buried.  Can we now just move on ?

it was very good, but it didnt even look like cloud. :)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-02-05 00:31:35 »
Well, the last pics I posted looked like Cloud very much.  It just wasn't the "so beloved Reunion one" (well the one from the last battle anyway)... anyway, as said eariler:

"can we now just move on ?"

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: 2008-02-22 00:29:04 »
I'm really excited for the next release!
About when do you think?  I mean you don't have to set a dead line or anything, just if you had to make a guess.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: 2008-02-22 00:30:15 »
I'm trying my best to  get the patch out to you all but must of the time right now is going it to training

Maybe you could just release it and we could test it out?

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-02-25 21:25:43 »
well since the other post is closed im goina ask this question here....if there is a better place pls redirect me.

i have recently downloaded the "FINAL FANTASY VII PC - NEAT COMPILATION OF PATCHES AND MODS" files and have been trying to install them...however after it was all over and done with, the game would play for a few mins (usually to the part of where barret asks cloud if hes ever been in a reactor, but that is only if i rush thru the rest of it....it seems to be after a certain amount of time) and then the graphics just stop...if im in a menu i can here the cursor movement and even do the ctrl+Q to quit....but the screen stays the same....ive done quite a bit of testing and have realized that it comes down to this mod...everything works perfectly without it...and i even made sure to use the lgps from the discs...i am using images of the cds (sadly mine quit workin ages ago...the only discs ive ever wore out have been squaresoft games...over use i guess) but i dont think that should matter...anyway, this mod was the whole reason i downloaded the patches lol and i love what i can see of them, so if any1 can help me please do....thanks

blue_jjb

« Reply #16 on: 2008-02-29 21:11:51 »
Look i don't want to sound like a complete penis here but when is the next version coming out? can you atleast giv us a rough time (like a month from now) or something? i love the npc project if you you ask me it's the best patch/upgrade for ff7 at the moment and i am sorry for my impatience