Author Topic: Placing in a Moogle?  (Read 4507 times)

freezingicekirby

• View Profile
Placing in a Moogle?
« on: 2008-06-09 06:00:25 »
I'm incredibly sorry if this has been asked before, but when I used the search bar, only about 7-8 topics showed up, and none of them really seemed to resemble my question.

So, here it goes...

Does anyone know if it's possible to put in a Moogle polygon thingy into Final Fantasy 7 or 8?  I'm sure you all know what i mean, but if you don't, I'm talking about replacing a characters polygon model (for example, Cait Sith) and replace that model with a polygon of a moogle from Final Fantasy 9 (or maybe the moogle model from the summon attack for Final Fantasy 8).

Now, I know that if I was to replace a polygon model of the game, it wouldn't effect the FMV (except the FMV's that use the actual polygons), and I know that it would probably make the moogle polygon move strangely... but as a lover of moogles, I'd just like to have one if possible.

So... is it possible?  If there is a way for a newbie like to me do it, please direct me to a topic that already explains this (if you wouldn't mind).  I don't mind the fact that the Avatar wouldn't change, and the fact that it might sprout some strange effects (and interactions would be screwed up)... but I'm willing to try if there is a way.

I own FF7 PC and PSX, FF8 PC and PSX, and FF9 PSX.  Any tips would be appreciated.

And sorry if this repeats anything anyone else has asked.  I'm somewhat new to the board.  Like I said though, I did use the search bar and didn't find anything similar to this (unless I accidentally over-looked it).

auxili160

• View Profile
Re: Placing in a Moogle?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-09 11:16:06 »
What you're asking for is to model a character. This is pretty much what 50% of the game tweaking section is about.
You can download the programs that people use (I'm pretty sure they're over at ficedula's website) and try to learn the program.
I don't think there's a tutorial or anything for creating character models. It requires experience and practice to do it well, so don't think this will be an overnight thing. Unless you're good at this sort of thing, it probably won't turn out well.

So I guess all I can say is learn how to create character models (or get the one from the chocobuckle summon) and do it yourself, pretty much. From what I've seen, the skilled modelers who've done the current mods for FFVII are really busy.

freezingicekirby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-09 19:12:38 »
Ahh, I see.  I had a feeling that I would have to do it myself... and I think that I could learn how to do it... eventually :D

Thanks a bunch :D

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-10 19:56:47 »
You could always rip the Moogle from FFXI and replace the save point model with that.  I'm sure you would have to change the default animation as well.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-10 21:02:44 »
Well there's a moogle already in ffvii (in the chocobuckle summon), so he could just use that.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-06-11 09:14:20 »
It may be part of a frame/mesh wth the Chocobo it's on.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-06-11 10:19:53 »
the moogle on the chocomog summon is a separate model to the chocobo and has a different D file for the part where it's on the ground dazed,

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-06-11 10:34:50 »
OK cool, I've nver looked so I didn't know.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-06-11 12:31:01 »
There's also moogles in the Golden Saucer arcade game.  :mrgreen: