Author Topic: FFVII Movie problem  (Read 4523 times)

Cyprien

FFVII Movie problem
« on: 2009-03-29 19:10:52 »
Hello you all.

I dug up FF7 from the closet and wanted to play it again. But i've been working on this for 9 hours about now I thought i'd give it a try here.

I clean installed FFVII (and after uninstalls etc I also installed the other 3 options eventually).
but the thing is when I patch to 1.02 I have 2 options

Get the config to go software render and Nvidia turned off
Then I get this result

After the movies the intro screen and everything works alright (cloud isnt black or any crashes). but the movies just look all like this with the greeny/blue stuff (notice only one part of the movie is shown..)

I also tried to turn on Nvidia with tnt and hardware 3d.
Then I get a black screen with only sound and after that a crash. Installed the upside down patch from the great FAQ and still no effort.

I only want to know how to fix the movie prob. Movies are played from HD (done that with a guide) but still no effect
- Installed truemotioncodec a couple of times
- Installed and uninstalled K-lite a couple of times (with the disabling of truemotion 1.2)
- Tried compatability mode and all that
- Apart from that I tried nearly every patch. XP, Choboco, moviepatch, High res patch, and alot more :-D)
I think im missing something.. and I have no idea what it is

Anyone can help?
Also full screen doesnt work :/ even with software stuff, I also get the black screen there..

System Specs
Windows XP pro
Nvidia 9600GT overclocked
3.5 GB ram
Intel 945i motherboard
182.08 Nvidia drivers
Soundblaster audiocard
« Last Edit: 2009-03-29 19:23:07 by Cyprien »

Cyprien

Re: FFVII Movie problem
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-29 21:30:36 »
Just did a fresh install with no patches or anything applied.

Movies are played from the original disks. but still no effect :cry:

So its something within my PC thats causing the bad movies. (opened up some of the movies and they show just normal then)

- K-lite doesnt have effect
- Truemotion doesnt have effect
- Combined community codec pack doenst have any effect (because it was something with a splitter or something)

*sigh*  :?

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-29 21:52:30 »
Hello.

I had problems with videos too but i managed for fix it. I just uninstalled ALL codecs form PC and re-installed K-Lite Codec Pack and then movies worked for me.

Cyprien

« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-29 22:01:18 »
Hello.

I had problems with videos too but i managed for fix it. I just uninstalled ALL codecs form PC and re-installed K-Lite Codec Pack and then movies worked for me.

Well it seemed I had more codecs on my PC (checked this trough this site: http://www.deskshare.com/help/vem/CheckingCodecs.aspx )
Uninstalled them all. Downloaded K-lite codec 4.7.0 full and installed it. Installed it with profile "lots of stuff" to make sure I had everything

But still the same screen as above :(

Really appreciate the help tho :) Still trying to find the solution here

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-30 12:43:54 »
It's a good start that you removed all codecs and started fresh.  I would disable the TruMotion codec provided by k-lite, then install the codec separately from here.  FYI if you are patching the game with The SaiNt's High Resolution Patch, you don't need to use the Chocobo patch because it is included.  Also double check your registry entry for the movie path.  Make sure you put a "\" at the very end of the directory path or the movies will not run.

Example:
C:\Final Fantasy 7\movies\

With your machine you should be able to play with the software rendering turned off and use the Nvidia option.  Just be sure both FF7.exe and FF7Config are updated to 1.02 found here.  Don't use the FF7 XP patch, it does more harm than good.

Cyprien

« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-30 17:18:56 »
After I copied the patch and installed truemotion I started fooling around with the Config abit

- With Nvidia turned off and Software rendering I get the effect from above
- With Nvidia turned on with every other combo (Riva, TNT, full screen, quarter screen) It just gives a black screen with music and then a bigtime error. Tried the moviepatch on that one and still no luck

So I guess my only option is software rendering but why it plays movies so crappy is a mystery.. I doublechecked the moviepath and it was fine. I think its about directshow. thats the player for the movies right? anyone knows where I can locate the files of the player? (not on the CD but HD where its installed)

Thanks for the support so far ;) glad people are willing to help
« Last Edit: 2009-03-30 17:23:41 by Cyprien »