Author Topic: Someone shed some light on this please  (Read 2368 times)

Xelane

• View Profile
Someone shed some light on this please
« on: 2009-07-26 10:56:13 »
So i've been using the v1.02 patch for higher res so i can use this advent children mod. the proeblem is that everytime i finish playing and exit hte game i get all of these annoying files
the files name range from TF2D-SF2D-S3D

that makes no sense to me, as it didnt do so before...
They are all "p" files and i don't see any function that they have. if it helps i also get an app log which i didnt before

so any help on this frustrating issue is appreciated  :x

This started when i had to replace my old exe file on my desktop with a different copy of the same exact file. By that i mean i made a copy of the icon to play ff7, which somehow got deleted, and then i had to grab another one i made.

this only happens if i use the official patch and even then it didnt happen unless the game crashed from the battleswirl issue...
« Last Edit: 2009-07-26 11:03:16 by Xelane »

Xelane

• View Profile
Re: Someone shed some light on this please
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-26 11:09:14 »
Sorry ofr the double post but i just realized something and there is some kind of glitch that doesnt allow me to post as much text as before.

So i just realized that these files did appear after playing before and that the reason they were appearing on my desktop was becausei  made a COPY of the exe file when before i had a SHORTCUT which made those pesky files appear back in my folders wherei  never saw them.

so they dont appear on my desktop anymore but they still do in my folders, any reason why they even show up at all and what they are there for?

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-26 13:08:36 »
It's a bit silly, but the game won't work without them.

Why they decided to write them out like that instead of just keep them statically in .exe is beyond me.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-26 13:49:44 »
So what i am assuming here is that they are files necessary to run ff7 (or maybe just play it) but they are written poorly which causes them to...copy onto my desktop? the question mark is there because i assume that they are copies because i delete them everytime and there hasnt been a problem from it yet.

this is wierd, it only happens with the high res/v1.02 patch. well i suppose it isnt a big deal since i made the shortcut again and never see the damned files anymore. but what do these files do exactly?

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-26 13:54:52 »
They are written to the working directory of FF7, and they are generated by the code every time, deleting them is perfectly safe.

They contain the basic primitives used by FF7 on the PSX, in .p format. These are not used to draw models and such, but some things depend on them.