Author Topic: FF7 stone stare crash  (Read 3227 times)

sfarrelly

• View Profile
FF7 stone stare crash
« on: 2009-10-02 18:56:22 »
Hi,

I have FF7 installed (maximum) and have also installed the Remix mod (with some changes, i kept the old kernel files, field file and another one i can't remember the name of, in order to keep all the original weapons/AI etc...)

My problem is that any time (well ok, it's only happened twice so far) an enemy uses stone stare it causes the game to hang and generate a serious error "popup".

So far i've played through to the Keystone search with no other crashes and was having some fun in the battle arena when those basilisks showed up and crashed the game. This will be frustrating as there is no way to save between battle arena fights and so after say 5 rounds i could have 40k BP, and then on the next round i encounter the stone gaze crash and bang. All gone.

This crash also happens in the field so i dont think its a battle arena issue, just something to do with that attack.

I'm running Vista 32 with a Geforce 8200M card and 2 GB ram on a laptop.

I'm using FF7 Music to launch the game.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT - the attack is actually called "Stone Stare"
« Last Edit: 2009-10-02 19:14:10 by sfarrelly »

Costa07

• View Profile
Re: FF7 stone stare crash
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-02 19:48:12 »
Have you tried installing aali driver it had a app log that tells why it crashes

sfarrelly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-02 20:06:11 »
Ah, thanks.

The following is the relevant part from the log

ERROR: couldn't open file C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/seffect/seffect1_06.png for reading: No such file or directory
GLITCH: missing external texture: Spells/seffect/seffect1_06.png
ERROR: unhandled exception

Anyone know why i don't have this file (or where i can get it). I would have assumed it was in the Remix mod (or the original game for that matter??)

EDIT - OK, I've gone through the folder mentioned and found that i had all files from "seffect1_00" -> "seffect1_14" with the exception of "seffect1_06".
However, i did have another file called "seffect2_001", which, when copied and renamed, works and actually appears to be the correct effect (stone forms around character). So i guess this problem is fixed.

Still no idea what caused it or how to inform the mod maker about this (i assume it was the mod because the game ran fine previously)
« Last Edit: 2009-10-02 20:33:21 by sfarrelly »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-02 21:40:00 »
sl1982 made the mod and he is already aware of this issue.  It has already been corrected.

lee

sfarrelly

• View Profile
Re: FF7 stone stare crash (problem solved)
« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-02 22:42:12 »
good to know.

Anyway, thanks to all for the help

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-02 22:54:54 »
No problem