Author Topic: NEWSFLASH: People are stupid  (Read 4898 times)

Jari

NEWSFLASH: People are stupid
« on: 2009-10-14 22:24:33 »
WARNING: This post has a potential to cause massive lulz.

First, go to joshmadecash dot com. (I'm so not boosting their Pagerank by linking...)

Read it. How many seconds did it take you to figure out it's a scam? I sure hope it wasn't more than 10.

Anyway, for the lulz, go here, read the comments, and be amazed at how greedy and just plain motherfucking stupid people truly are. It's not just the 'OMG, I fell for it!'-posts, but also the 'My first clue was...'-posts. Clue? Hello? Common sense? Hello? Why the fuck does anyone need to check anything to understand that the page is a total scam?

This has led me to two conclusions:

• The people who fell for it totally deserved to lose that money. They would have totally deserved to lose all their money, for that matter. It should be illegal to be that stupid.
  • Hitler had the right idea with his implementation of eugenics, he just missed the target. It's not Jews, it's the stupid people that need to be stopped from breeding.

I think I'll start my own pyramid scheme, akshually. Seriously, people who are stupid enough to fall for them totally deserve it.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: NEWSFLASH: People are stupid
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-14 22:44:39 »
Hey, don't be a pussy, this guy seems legit :lol:

All you have to do is post links "on google" (wat) and they'll give you loads of money! It completely makes sense that google would pay people $10,000 a month to do something like that; having people deliberately skew the results of searches obviously helps them to become a better search engine, and it's not like they could use bots or poor people in third world countries to do that. No, they have to pay people $1,000 an hour to do it. :-D

BTW, I've just noticed the biggest indication of all that it's a scam.

>I make $9000+ a month

>9000+

What does the scouter say about his money level?
« Last Edit: 2009-10-14 22:50:09 by Kudistos Megistos »

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-15 00:44:43 »
OMFG 9000+

I am so doing this, where's my checkbook? I have to give them 1.97$ right now so I can start making alot of money without getting out of my chair.

...Ahem

I do love the sincerity of these comments:

"hey broski this *@# was so easy…I still can’t believe it…hahaha I love this stuff I’m never workin a real job again"

oh stylishG how I envy you. I wanted to go to wonderland  :x

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-15 01:07:50 »
NINE THOOUUUUUSSSSSSAAAANNNNND

There are actual templates for these pyramid scam websites.

I downloaded one and had it running in xampp about a year ago for, teh lulz.
Maybe we aren't so different, Josh and I.

lyada

• Gimme Elixier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-15 06:55:50 »
I love the Comments disabled due to spam at the bottom :D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-17 17:06:12 »
I love the Comments disabled due to spam at the bottom :D

Hmmm, I wonder what that spam was. People pointing out what a load of crap his get-rich-quick scheme is? :-P

And I wonder how many of the positive comments were written by him? :-D

Actually, having comments disabled should be one of the first things that sets of one's bullsh*t detector; every idiot who knows he can no longer defend himself pulls that one. :roll:

A naive person might wonder whether there ever was a "leave a comment" form on that site that anyone could use (there are no dates given, so the comments might have been there since the site's creation). A cynical person will already know the answer.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-17 17:09:10 by Kudistos Megistos »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-10-17 17:54:37 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-10-17 18:06:44 »
What does the scouter say about his money level?

Is it sad i have that exact video in my favorites? haha

Yes,  cried when I found out that I like the same videos as you :-D

BTW, I've come across something interesting in the comments on the blog Jari linked to. Have a look at joshmadecash dot com again and then look at StephBlogs dot com :wink:

Jari

« Reply #8 on: 2009-10-17 18:51:15 »
Yeah, there are several of them - funny that they should share some of the images. :-D

"Sadly" Google doesn't seem to like indexing these things - it's probably intentional policy - so it's hard to find out how many exactly. Also, the content differs, which makes it annoying to search for them... but they do use same images.

TinEye, however might have some clue. (I think that link remains valid for 24 hours, then the uploaded or linked image gets removed from TinEye's server...)

Keep in mind that TinEye - while really useful - has still a very tiny index of images. So, there are probably lot more than it shows - also, most of TinEye's results don't seem to be scam blogs, but rather comments on them, and some legit stuff.

Also, notice how awesome TinEye is; its algorithms can ID the signature on that check, and it returns even quite different images... of checks that bear the same signature. TinEye - made of Win and Awesome. :-D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-10-17 20:27:21 »
TinEye - made of Win and Awesome. :-D

This.

It's a site everyone should have bookmarked. I got my avatar from there after uploading an "I fap to this" macro. :-P

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-10-18 22:30:03 »
Tin eye is great, i found some of the original images used for ff7 magic textures... oops did I say that? ff7 uses stock images for a lot of its art (clouds, the moon, a few other things like that) albeit heavily modified