Author Topic: Some issues after the game modification ... (Framerate DOWN)  (Read 8226 times)

Tenken

Hello everyone,

In this topic i would like to ask your help for certain problem i have after applying some patches. I am no expert and this is my first topic ... so
if i say or do something wrong please be tolerant and don't mind to correct me.

What exactly my problem is ... well when i applied (FF VII Remix Patch 2.5.1) the game became EXTREMELY Slow at Start menu (http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=zHAawG5Dm5a6Gul7Q41JmYh4l5k2TGxc) and at some other vital point of the game .. inside the  Highwind (http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=zHAawG5Dm5ZcrxToQy6VtIh4l5k2TGxc), that's when i talk to someone or leave.
As you can see in pictures below the FPS is almost nonexistent, But everywhere ells the game runs just fine (http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=zHAawG5Dm5Ynp2JKdGGoAoh4l5k2TGxc)
 I believe that the Custom graphics driver is responsible for this, because when i use the the original config file there is no problem  :-\ 
but i am no game programist, just a noob whose opinion doesn't matter, that's why i am giving you the info, and really really hope that you guys will help me solve this .. 'problem' 
 I have winXP Pro with ATI Radeon X1300 and 1GB of RAM .. here is also the APP.LOG 

Code: [Select]
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 x86/SSE2 2.0.5696 WinXP Release
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x800, output resolution 1280x800, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Warning: varying pos is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
 Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in hardware. The GLSL fragment shader will run in hardware.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.788000, frames: 3717
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/WMRP/menu/buster_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
ERROR: libpng error: Read Error
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE clf_lg.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE clf_lg.tim
stop_sound
OFFSET ERROR: ruas.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ruas.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: ruat.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ruat.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: ruaw.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ruaw.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: ruba.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ruba.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: rubd.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE rubd.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: rubh.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE rubh.RSD
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
ERROR: libpng error: Read Error
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE clf_lg.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE clf_lg.tim
stop_sound
OFFSET ERROR: ruas.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ruas.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: ruat.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ruat.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: ruaw.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ruaw.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: ruba.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ruba.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: rubd.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE rubd.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: rubh.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE rubh.RSD
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

So.. that's all  :wink:, as i said before every opinion would be greatly appreciated so post don't be shy  :P ...cause i love this game and really want to play it.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
I would manually change the settings in your ff7opengl.cfg file inside your final fantasy 7 directory.

Open it up and with remix patcher it should have automatically set the cfg up for you, but some of the setting may not agree with your pc.

turn off fancy transparancy, make sure your using cache, dont use alpha blending or linear filtering. See if that helps first.Also turn postproccessing off if its on.

Tenken

Well Jeff, first thanks for posting.. I am not sure what you mean 'make sure your using cache' could you please explain it a little bit more ..
As far about my opengl config file here take a look :
# ff7_opengl config file

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
# options are smartbloom.post and bloom2.post
# note that shaders/smartbloom.post must be configured to proper resolution, open with notepad
post_source = shaders/smartbloom.post
enable_postprocessing = no

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = yes

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 800
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = no

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = on

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = off

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off
I tried every possible combination, nothing happens.. but i noticed one thing, when i have direct_mode = on the game crashes... But maybe that is what it means by saying 'performance will take a hit' ... or not ?  :-P

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
If it was only happening during certain scenes I figured it would be a problem with post processing or some other advanced features. Some one else would possibly know more than me on this issue.

However you can try to re-install Aali's custom driver to see if that helps.(this may be a newer version than in remix patcher also.)
http://backup.ninjaloot.se/share/ff7_opengl-0.7.5b.zip

To install just extract to your final fantasy folder. Then run ff7config and select custom driver. Edit the ff7opengl.cfg again and set all the parameters and see if that helps.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
If it was only happening during certain scenes I figured it would be a problem with post processing or some other advanced features. Some one else would possibly know more than me on this issue.

However you can try to re-install Aali's custom driver to see if that helps.(this may be a newer version than in remix patcher also.)
http://backup.ninjaloot.se/share/ff7_opengl-0.7.5b.zip

To install just extract to your final fantasy folder. Then run ff7config and select custom driver. Edit the ff7opengl.cfg again and set all the parameters and see if that helps.
I think the remix patcher can only be run by the driver coming with it namely 0.7.3 version of Aali's version. And Tenken he meant changing the red text here.

# ff7_opengl config file

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# YUV fast path shader
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = yes

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1360
window_size_y = 768
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = on

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = on

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = on

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = yes

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off

Its not in your .cfg file so you may be using older drivers. If you're not using the remix patcher I absolutely advice you to use 0.7.6b. If you're using remix patch then tough luck.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Nikforzty, Your config is from a newer Aali's, and yes the remix patcher WILL work with newer versions easily.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Nikforzty, Your config is from a newer Aali's, and yes the remix patcher WILL work with newer versions easily.
Oh thanks for that one I forgot to say that if you use a newer driver just change the text there. Thanks. :)

Tenken

Hi, good news .. I found the cause of my suffering...  (can't fix it though  :-P)
 Apparently i was wrong about the OpenGL Driver, I decided to uninstall the Remix Patch and install each of the mods manually.
So, first i reinstalled the game, then applied FF7 v1.02 Official Patch, and Aali Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8 [v.7.7], after that i start the game and it runs perfectly.. but when i install Phoenix Rejuvenation Project... start menu is fine, in Hightwind on the other hand.. i just can't talk, change room or open the menu screen because my FPS goes to 1
 Let me explain it little bit more .. when you install Phoenix Rejuvenation.. it basically replace two files in your Data folder ..
char.lgp is replaced with 00.LGP and world_us.lgp with 01.LGP ( Isn't that so ?? ) 
 Well when i replace only the world_us.lgp, it says
ERROR: could not open file ruas.RSD
ERROR: failed to find file world/ruat.RSD (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: offset error: ruat.RSD
but i can play without any problems
 Then, i do the same with char.lgp and we have a winner !!! the problem appears 
I have No idea Why it happens  :? .. again any explanation or suggestion how to correct this or anything would be great ...   

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
the PRP installer is very wonky, most people extract the LGPs and manually install them to get around any errors it may cause. I'd suggest no using the PRP and seeing if you can get everything else working for the time being.

Tenken

:( Man .. but i did it manually too, as i said i replaced char.lgp with 00.LGP
and for some absurd reason that thing happens. Now.. about playing the game with old models while i have tried the new ones  :-\ , not that i don't like the game you know... I'm just too damn curious Why this happens .   

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Havents used the PRP but I assume when this board gets busy you'll get the answers you seek.

obesebear

• View Profile
RU** is Tifa's model.  If you want to use the PRP that badly I'd suggest opening the .lgp and manually copying all of the files in it except hers.  Add them to your original char.lgp...compress.. play. 

Then if you still HAVE to have Tifa, just convert her over yourself.

I think someone mentioned that 00 and 01 aren't simply char.lgp and world_us.lgp.    They also contain files from some of the other mini games.   Enjoy.

Tenken

Jeff i relay hope so.. because if i am informed correctly this site is made for this purpose, to provide and share information
about specific subjects.. here you can find specialized people who actually created those mods. Or am i wrong ..  I mean if not here then were ?!  :|

Tenken

RU** is Tifa's model.  If you want to use the PRP that badly I'd suggest opening the .lgp and manually copying all of the files in it except hers.  Add them to your original char.lgp...compress.. play.

Obesebear .. that's nice thought thank you  ;) could you please explain me the part about converting Tifa by myself, i really have no idea how to do it   :-P   

nikfrozty

• View Profile

Obesebear .. that's nice thought thank you  ;) could you please explain me the part about converting Tifa by myself, i really have no idea how to do it   :-P   
He means opening "ru**" file in battle.lgp by kimera and saving it on a new folder to have all the files of tifa there. And then open "aag*.hrc" in char.lgp cause that is the field model of tifa then change the parts of tifa.
PS:I used the * cause not everything should always be given to you. Don't worry there's a list of it here in qhimm.

Tenken

:o ... You know , i am ok with the first part ( opening the .lgp and manually copying all of the files in it except hers ),
but the second .. this is really big step for me as i am completely noob at this, damn if this what it takes i'll do it.
Still though, why do i have the problem with the char.lgp modified by Phoenix Rejuvenation ?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Jeff i relay hope so.. because if i am informed correctly this site is made for this purpose, to provide and share information
about specific subjects.. here you can find specialized people who actually created those mods. Or am i wrong ..  I mean if not here then were ?!  :|

Yes the people here actually created these mods. There are many members right now working on some amazing stuff.(Mare retextures, 3D FF7, etc.)

You must remember that some mods were made a very long time ago and the original creators may be long gone, but there are MANY members here who know the answers.
Most people will not get answers cause they do not try for themselves. You on the other hand have very obviously spent some time of your own trying to fix this. My suggestion to you would be listen to obesebear, or try looking in PRP bug threads, etc.

Also search around the forum for fun. Look at the q-gears forum and the Team Avalanche forum's 3D Bombing Mission thread. You'll be impressed.

Looks like you did listen to obese, I know sometimes the mods give you trouble, but they are very worthwile. Hope you get this fixed so you can enjoy FF7!

Once all is up and running you will have no need for messing with things again.

Tenken

Ok Jeff i will do that, 
 So.. Let's take it from the begining :
Fist I replace char.lgp with the one i created (that contains unmodified Tifa models), and expect this will fix the bug .. but Tifa will have that 'Lego look' in the rest of the game. Am i correct so far ?
Next i will have to manually convert Tifa.... well i believe I'll have to do the first part and then talk about Converting stuff and Asking questions  :-P

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
as far as converting tifa, Im not sure how to do that. But if you will create your own char.lgp with the unmodified tifa. Your problem should disappear.
Lemme read up more, but by converting I think they mean just pulling the model for battle out and replacing it with the character model, and thats easy, lemme see if I can find a thread...

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Ok Jeff i will do that, 
 So.. Let's take it from the begining :
Fist I replace char.lgp with the one i created (that contains unmodified Tifa models), and expect this will fix the bug .. but Tifa will have that 'Lego look' in the rest of the game. Am i correct so far ?
Next i will have to manually convert Tifa.... well i believe I'll have to do the first part and then talk about Converting stuff and Asking questions  :-P

Kimera is the program that you really need if you're only going to convert battle to field. And its easy enough to use too.. Just download kimera and ask things which you don't know what to do but before asking please try everything you think will work.

Tenken

Hi people,
  Long time no see...  sorry about that.  I was busy and had no time to deal with FF7 but now i feel obliged to  end this topic ...  8-)
First i want to say .. the game is buggy, and yes i managed to fix one problem at certain point that maybe only i had, BUT ..
  If there is someone else who having the same problem, and i mean ''Your game becomes extremely slow ,almost freeze, the FPS
goes down to one when you are trying to leave you Highwind or talk to someone in it .. after installation of the Phoenix Rejuvenation patch
''
The cause is in your new modified CHAR.LGP that contains remade 3d models, Apparently some of the the new models have this effect on the game ( I really would like to know why but i don't ) So ... in our case is the Crew models that are responsible.
 What you need to do is replace modified Crew models with the original models ... simple like that  :-P
Here is the list on char.lgp http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AniNoDVsrYhVdG0zZERUT0tsOF91eHE2WHo4ZWRseWc&gid=4
,if you don't know witch files are for the Crew models ..
    Now we are done good luck everyone !