Author Topic: Changing what music is played for certain battles in FFVII PSX  (Read 3043 times)

vega900

• View Profile
I don't know if this type of thing's ever been considered, but I was wanting to know if it was possible to change battle music type for certain encounters.

For example, I would like to change the battle music for Ultimate, Emerald and Ruby Weapon to play Still More Fighting as opposed to Fighting.

Other battles such as Turks @ Gongaga, Turks Final Battle and Guard Scorpion all use other music during battle. I would also like to be able to change this to Still More Fighting.

Does anyone know whether the code that accesses music files can be changed?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
I believe that these are defined in the field scripts. Maybe Lasyan's Hack'7 can help? It's not something I know an awful lot about.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
The problem is, the new Hack7 has become an only dialog & text editor. So, to edit the Field scripts, you'd have to use another version that has some problems. It will sometimes destroy a "hand choice" in the area you alter (for example, I once edited an event in the Shinra Mansion, and consequently couldn't recruit Vincent anymore since the lack of a hand cursor kept me from choosing "still open the safe").

I guess that while we wait for a new program, the solution would be to figure out what values to edit by using an older version of Hack7, then close the program and do the editing with a hex editor.