Author Topic: If there is a FFVII remake in HD, will you play it?  (Read 4149 times)

Raestloz

• View Profile
Note: I'm not saying "ME WANTZ FF7 REMAEK NOW LOL". I'm saying that, IF, for whatever reason, Square-Enix actually release an original FF7 remake, and it's already in stores, what will you do?

FF7 remake is a recurring topic, I think, but I just want to hear your opinion

FF7, for all that it is worth, had been milked as a series. The original game, however, is good (even if only for some people and come to think of it: if it's not, how can it become a series in the first place?). Many people are satisfied with the original product, despite it being more than 20 years old, and pretty much disagree with any idea of "milking FF7 title even more". I myself agree: it confuses me to no end how come Cloud, who spoke so much in the game, seems to have to try very hard to even utter a word in the movie

What I want to know is not "whether you want a remake or not", what I want to know is "if an HD remake is already in stores, will you buy and play it?"

I think that, no matter what you may think, a good remake of a good game is a good game. Sure, it might be just another cash cow attempt for Square-Enix, but a good game is a good game nonetheless. It's sort of like Dynasty Warriors: no game out of 7 (or perhaps 30, IDK) titles is different, but they're still good for what they're worth

If they actually release an HD remake for FF7, I'll gladly try to get my hands on it, either for nostalgia's sake or just to show my children "this here is the very first RPG your daddy played, you can bet it's good"

Lastly, again: this topic does not look for answers like "They better make a quality game than make a remake" or "I don't want no remakes!", what I want to hear read is "I will play it" or "I won't! Here's why:"

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: If there is a FFVII remake in HD, will you play it?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-03 19:50:07 »
yep.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-03 20:02:43 »
It entirely depends on the quality of the remake. If they were to keep the battle system and other gameplay mechanics close to the original, I'd probably play it. If they tried to change anything major, I might not. If it looks, feels, or sounds like FFIVDS, I won't play it.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-03 20:43:02 »
Of course.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-03 21:14:47 »
They have to get people from Qhimm to help them do the major work.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-03 21:16:03 »
It entirely depends on the quality of the remake. If they were to keep the battle system and other gameplay mechanics close to the original, I'd probably play it. If they tried to change anything major, I might not. If it looks, feels, or sounds like FFIVDS, I won't play it.

Then I have some good news!

It will not look, feel or sound like FFIVDS.

It will look, feel and sound like a cross between Advent Children and FFXIII. And will have the latter's battle system.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-03 21:26:38 »
It will look, feel and sound like a cross between Advent Children and FFXIII.
I probably wouldn't mind this, too much, provided they keep the original costume design intact.

And will have the latter's battle system.
This would be enough to get me not to buy it. I loved the battle system, but it's just not FF7.

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-06-03 22:42:32 »
They have to get people from Qhimm to help them do the major work.
well...if the pay is any good, I'll join the working force (if they want me anyway) :-)
 8)

but in all fairness, it will be played (if time permits).
 8-)
should make a poll of this, so we can see if it makes any sense what we are doing at TA
 8-)

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-06-03 23:12:35 »
Probably not. They'll ruin it somehow.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-06-04 10:47:43 »
Probably not. They'll ruin it somehow.

^

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-06-04 14:16:08 »
I will only play a remake under 3 circumstance

* The original battle system is kept with MINOR improvements
* They use the battle system from FF Versus XIII, which I assume will be highly unlikely
* If the remake is produced by a team on these here forums  :-D

other than that they can take their remake and shove it. I am pretty sure they would try to edit (completely ruin) a lot of the dialogue so the only thing I have minor hope for is the battle system.